Weird sleep issue

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by bbates123, Oct 12, 2017.

1. MachCrit Suspended

MachCrit

Oh well, had a nMacPro fail to wake up after sleeping overnight. It was going so well...

2. hieubui macrumors newbie

anyone with 10.13.1 release version? is it the same build as beta5?

3. jimgl macrumors newbie

The delayed wake up from sleep bug is still present in 10.13.1.

4. Cheffievrs macrumors newbie

Cheffievrs

Did the update last night, all ok, so I thought, woke up this morning and my machine is screwed.. I enter my password, it starts to load, then it flickers swaps to the macOS couldn’t be loaded on this machine.. I’ve tried to load a picture but that says I can’t.. so I guess it’s going to be one of those days

5. ImmyA macrumors newbie

I updated to High Sierra 10.13.1 yesterday and can confirm the problem is still persisting for me. Annoyed :(

6. Arslan Ahmad Faisal macrumors newbie

I also updated to 10.13.1 on my MacBook Air 2013, and yesterday I found out that my MBA is not powering up. I did some google search and found out tips to reset SMC. After couple of tries and long pressing power button it came to life. After that it was running fine. Yesterday evening I put it back to sleep by closing the lid. This morning I tried to power it up and again it didn't. I am not sure what exactly is the problem. If anyone can recommend a solution, I'll be grateful.

Is it the problem with the new update?

7. Asclepias macrumors newbie

Same problem here, macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.1

8. Transgredi, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2017

Transgredi macrumors newbie

Same here. Issue started to occur after updating to 10.13.1 on MBP mid 2014.

9. LV426 macrumors 6502a

Same for me. This started happening after the 10.13.1 update. rMBP with Touch Bar.

10. Cheffievrs macrumors newbie

Cheffievrs

A lengthy chat with apple support didn’t resolve the situation, but suggested to format, reinstall macOS and test to determine if it was a software or hardware.

11. hieubui macrumors newbie

It’s rarely a hardware issue with this much people with the same issue
    Apple customer supports were paid to just follow procedures. Disappointing

12. Cheffievrs macrumors newbie

Cheffievrs

13. jimgl macrumors newbie

I submitted a bug report to Apple about the "delayed wake from sleep" bug in High Sierra 10.13.1. My MacBook Pro wakes up immediately if I open the lid with the AC adapter connected. If I unplug the AC adapter after one hour sleep and open the lid, it takes 20 seconds to wake.

14. ColdShadow macrumors 65816

ColdShadow

2016 Macbook 12”..
    I also noticed this problem but randomly..does not respond to click/kb after it goes to sleep

But worse than that,again ever since the latest update there seems to be a long hiccup with wifi connection after computer goes to sleep.

It’s really annoying,I wake it up from sleep but the wifi connection is dead/idle for around a minute or so..

15. ImmyA macrumors newbie

I just wanted to update everyone on here that I have been keeping a close eye on my MBP Pro (late 2016) this whole week after updating to High Sierra 13.12.1 and since the initial failure I had as described in my previous post, my machine has been behaving as expected. I have closed the lid everyday this week and after being on sleep for over 12 hours it has been successful in displaying the locked / log in screen as soon as the lid was opened. Fingers crossed that it continues to work like this and the issue doesn't resurface.

16. hieubui.rtz macrumors member

Yup, count me in. I'm on 10.13.1 release version, everything in default mode. Mac wakes just fine overnight

17. jimgl macrumors newbie

18. LV426 macrumors 6502a

Maybe there's a time-related element here. My laptop has been behaving normally again for quite a few days now.

19. zooby macrumors 6502a

Had this issue on my two "clean installs". I think it is related to iCloud, at least for me. Contacts added to my phone are not syncing to the Mac and whenever I would try to make them sync, I would get the sleeping issue.( When I went to Energy Saver Pref., I'd see "AddressBookSync")

Still have the contacts issue but I'd rather not play around and make the sleep bug come back. :/

20. jimgl macrumors newbie

This bug is FIXED in High Sierra 10.3.2 available for download today!

Jim

21. powerslave12r macrumors 6502a

That's good to hear.

Does it display the white progress bar while waking from sleep?

22. jimgl macrumors newbie

No. After opening the lid, a momentary "battery" symbol appears, then the desktop is displayed.

23. nollimac macrumors regular

nollimac

24. hieubui.rtz macrumors member

I did a clean install when Apple released 10.13.1 The problem went away.

Yesterday, I updated to 10.13.2. Much to my surprise, it returns.

Wtf Apple!

25. mst129 macrumors newbie

Still having this in 10.13.2 (and with a kernel panic error report when I restart).
    --- Post Merged, Dec 8, 2017 ---
    If it were supposed to be like this, my computer wouldn't display a "your computer shut down because of a problem..." kernel panic error message and report when I turn it back on.