Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
Another interesting note was the picture Logan showed William of his sister (William's girlfriend) was the same one Dolores's (original) father found in the dirt that weirded him out enough to get him pulled in the beginning of the series. I can't imagine that won't come back somehow in the final episode.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
He was probably less like Steve Jobs and more like Ronald Wayne, in terms of name recognition.

Ford did say that after the "incident," Arnold was scrubbed from the history books. And it struck me odd that the only photo of Arnold was an old-timey b&w. So it's possible that no one else knows much about him or what he looked like... And those older board members who did know (of) Arnold probably never had a reason to meet Bernard.

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
Interesting episode 10. It got a bit too complex for it's own good but I thought the William revelation was a great twist.

Anthony Hopkins is superb in everything he does, no exception here. Chilling.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
Interesting episode 10. It got a bit too complex for it's own good but I thought the William revelation was a great twist.

Yeah, they played a lot of tricks with time but in the end it finally made sense as the hosts obviously don't age. Hopkins really gave an excellent performance throughout the series I thought, overall it was great, can't wait to see season 2.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011

I kind of wish I didn't come across some of the timeline and related theories before as it seems like most of the twists that came from those were predicted by most of those theories.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Next season should be amazing. The ending of this season was pretty much spoiled with all the websites and theories. But they nailed it. I was most satisfied with the season finale.

ericgtr12

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2015
Next season should be amazing. The ending of this season was pretty much spoiled with all the websites and theories. But they nailed it. I was most satisfied with the season finale.
I didn't bother to read any of that, why ruin the experience I guess. That being said, they really did go out of their way to make it convoluted and mysterious which sort of took some of the fun out of it. Still, really worth the watch.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I didn't bother to read any of that, why ruin the experience I guess. That being said, they really did go out of their way to make it convoluted and mysterious which sort of took some of the fun out of it. Still, really worth the watch.
I wasn't planning on any of it either, and I think without thinking too much about it initially I stumbled on some things in this thread which ended up leading me to a taking a deeper look into a theory and that brought up a few others, and interestingly enough most of them ended up being right.

Reactions: AlliFlowers

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
Why do you think Bernard looked anything like Arnold? After all, It's only the mind that matters.

Three things made me think that:

(1) Bernard couldn't see Arnold in Dr. Ford's old-timey photo (first time we see it). Hosts are programmed for "it looks like nothing", if that thing would reveal their nature. If Arnold looked different than Bernard, it would be just fine for Bernard to see Arnold because it wouldn't reveal Bernard's true nature in any way--it would just be a picture of some people. It would also be fine for us, the viewing audience, to see Arnold because if they looked different it wouldn't prematurely reveal the Arnold/Bernard plot twist.

(2) When we see Dr. Ford's old-timey photo with Arnold in it (second time), the blank space to the right has Arnold appear, and it looks like Arnold/Bernard.

(3) There is a scene where Dolores sees Bernard for the first time and excitedly calls him Arnold.

Granted, #3 can be easily explained away because she seems to be seeing Arnold anyway, even when he isn't there at all. But still, it was one of things that makes me think that Arnold/Bernard look the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlliFlowers

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
The following is sheer speculation, not a spoiler. But some of you seem to want to avoid theory, so in that case don't read any further.

----------------------

If Dr. Ford can make a duplicate of Arnold, then he can make a duplicate of anyone.

Including himself.

So we don't know that he really died in episode 10. He could have made a host in his image and then programmed it to give a speech and stand there waiting to be shot, thus faking his death.

Suicide seems too cheap and it seems out of character for someone willing to go to such lengths (like murder) to protect his plan. I think he wants to oversee/control/help the final narrative.

On the other hand, if Ford is going to massacre the board then why bother faking your death at all? Kill off the board members, replace them with doppleganger hosts, and the park continues with Ford in complete control.

Reactions: rhett7660

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The following is sheer speculation, not a spoiler. But some of you seem to want to avoid theory, so in that case don't read any further.

----------------------

If Dr. Ford can make a duplicate of Arnold, then he can make a duplicate of anyone.

Including himself.

So we don't know that he really died in episode 10. He could have made a host in his image and then programmed it to give a speech and stand there waiting to be shot, thus faking his death.

Suicide seems too cheap and it seems out of character for someone willing to go to such lengths (like murder) to protect his plan. I think he wants to oversee/control/help the final narrative.

On the other hand, if Ford is going to massacre the board then why bother faking your death at all? Kill off the board members, replace them with doppleganger hosts, and the park continues with Ford in complete control.
That's the one thing about this show that can be interesting and frustrating pretty much at the same time--anyone could be human or a host, and anyone can potentially come back (either as a host if it was just another host or human version was killed, or just the human counterpart if just the host was killed).

In some ways this kind of brings throughs of Cylons in Battlestar Galactica (at least the most recent incarnation).

b0dyr0ck2006

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2011
The really odd thing about this for me is I feel like I've seen it before, to the point that I was able to predict what was about to happen.

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
The really odd thing about this for me is I feel like I've seen it before, to the point that I was able to predict what was about to happen.

This has all happened before, and it will all happen again.

Oh wait, that's from the other sexy robot show.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
This has all happened before, and it will all happen again.

Oh wait, that's from the other sexy robot show.
That phrase crossed my mind a number of times in relation to this show. Who knows, it might very well be applicable to it as well (and in some smaller ways already has been).

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Even Siri is in on it. :p

d9780009015f132212ad27da4c545ac5.png

Roller

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2003
I watched all 10 episodes this weekend. I enjoyed it, though I did get a bit tired of seeing hosts shot—the body count must be at Breaking Bad levels by now. I just read that we're going to have to wait more than a year for season 2, which won't air until some time in 2018. It looks like waiting a year or more is the new norm for cable TV series with 10 episodes or less.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Here is the Season Two trailer

And then here is another Season Two trailer:
[doublepost=1518200076][/doublepost]
Yeah, really enjoyed S1, pushed all the right buttons for me.

As usual, the score is fantastic, especially the reinterpretations of modern songs - the promo featured Runaway (Kanye Westworld ...) - longer version in this video:

Mr. Djawadi has been killing it with his scores lately. I have all of his GOT scores and the first season of WW. I really dig his stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.