Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TINCAN78

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
UK
I can't wait to try them out tomorrow. I sold my iPhone 3g on ebay and been without my iPhone all week.

Snap sold mine and its killed me not having one....but now i am sitting here with my 32GB Black woo hooo.. Just got the Sena Black Leather for now, in fact so sad i only purchased it to bring it home in lol

Dakotafan

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
got my new 3GS this morning from AT&T and without a case...going to apple this afternoon and am looking at either the reveal or frame case...the blue was girly blue and I dunno what to get.

ShellyFM

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2006
Florida
I need an alternative to the Contour ShowCase. I had this case for the 1st hen and 3G iPhones after trying many others. I really love the protection it gives as each time I've dropped my phone, it was completely fine. I also like that it's nice to grip without it sliding out of your hand yet still easy to get in and out of my back pocket.

However, what I hate about it is that it let so much dirt inside the case and the iPhone that is scratches the iPhone.

What cases meet these requirements?
Great protection
Easy to grip without slipping out of hand or off of surfaces
Easy to slip in and out of pocket
Does not allow dirt in between case and phone
Will not come apart from phone if dropped

Pigs

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2007
NY
Just received my 3GS and immediately dropped it into an incipio feather. I had the original 2G phone in a Agent 18 ecoshield (the good one) but I am really digging the feather.

The outside material is fantastic and easy to grip. Not as much coverage or security but easy to throw in your pocket.

CrownSeven

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2008
Just picked up a Reveal case from the Apple Store. They had them hiding in storage, so if you don't see it out on the floor, ask a 'genius'.

So far loving the case, and the screen protector that came with it is a nice plus.

Dakotafan

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
I got the griffin reveal and I'm noticing some water marking on the back..like in cases where you have the phone face up and then turn it ...also when you grab the sides there's some water marking...it' also a pain in the ass to remove...not sure about this one...might exchange for a frame or speck candyshell tomorrow...hav to say it looks nice but I'm a bit disappointed.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
the serpent looks very cool! hubby got that one, in black and it looks very nice on his phone! not too bulky, either!

BIG BOSS

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2009
I'm using the incipio feather and so far so good. I gave my wife the griffin reveal. It didn't leave water marks on my black 3gs but it left a few on her white 3gs. Go figure:confused:

bob2131

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
Both. The case is flexible silicone and the skeleton that goes on top is hard plastic.

thanks...but im not understanding...... when you hold the iphone in your hand...with the serpent on...... how does that feel? is that the rubbery silicone touching the hand? or is it HARD cold plastic?

VeNoMiZeD

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
San Francisco
I read a lot of reviews and watched quite of few Youtube videos and I must say the IFROGZ LUXE case is BADASS!!!!! I went off their reviews I love the quality and especially the price that EBAY has for it. I like it so much that I'm going to get two other colors on my next paycheck. I got the blue/black one first. Check it out if you haven't.

Just snapped up some pics.

Iphone3Gsell017.jpg

Iphone3Gsell015.jpg

Iphone3Gsell016.jpg

mdwsta4

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2007
never bothered with a case for my first gen. decided i'd try one out for the 3GS. picked up OSIR's carbon case. doesn't add any bulk and doesn't have a retarded opening around the apple logo. very thin. plus it changes my phone from white to black whenever i want a change in color
IMG_1386-vi.jpg

IMG_1389-vi.jpg

w00tme

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2007
GAH... i have the worst luck with cases. i ordered the speck candyshell and iskin solo and both have defects... maybe i'm just being obsessive/compulsive.

this is my post from the candyshell drop test thread yesterday:
i just got mine in the mail today. i am pretty disappointed. maybe i got a dud, but the build quality is pretty poor. i bought mine from mygearstore's ebay store. i'm guessing the dual layer design makes it difficult to mold, but there was a "drip" of hard gray plastic on the softer green silicon on the part that frames the screen. (i got the gray/green case.) also, in the corners where the hard plastic sandwiches the softer inner plastic, the hard plastic seemed to be overfilled to the point where there was a thin film of hard plastic over the softer silicon. =( hopefully i can get a refund. the case i got looks so sloppily made.

fast forward to day, my iskin solo came in. i got it in white and there appears to be black specks embedded on the right edge near the top. it looks as if dirt got into the mold. it isn't rough when i run my finger through it - it is perfectly smooth. it looks like i'll be returning this one also.

my last hope is going to be the slider. i tried to avoid it because i really prefer 1 piece designs and it is on the pricier side. does anyone know if the slider will fit into the universal dock (with no adapter) without removing the bottom?

i can't even believe this... but i went to best buy to pick up a gunmetal slider. i opened it up when i got to the car and the back was scratched to hell. there were deep gouges and it seemed like there was debris stuck in the packaging which scratched up the case as it was shipped. for some reason, all of the slider cases at my best buy were extremely dusty/dirty. so yeah, 3 cases in a row with something wrong with them. I went back in and exchanged the slider for another and the 4th time's a charm!

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I read a lot of reviews and watched quite of few Youtube videos and I must say the IFROGZ LUXE case is BADASS!!!!! I went off their reviews I love the quality and especially the price that EBAY has for it. I like it so much that I'm going to get two other colors on my next paycheck. I got the blue/black one first. Check it out if you haven't.

i have to agree.... so far i'm LOVING my ifrogz!!!!! (although mine is pretty pink!) very befitting of an iphone... AND i love the screen protector.... slick! whereas the one that came with hubby's rebel is more sticky (can't think of a better word.... but my finger just glides across my screen his feels like it has something on it!)

staccato83

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2008
Las Vegas
Ok, so I received my Incipio feather yesterday and I must say this thing is awesome. There is only one problem... the color. I decided to order the "Molina Red" and this thing is not red at all. It's more like an orange-pink color.

So just a fair warning for those of you thinking to buy the red feather. In regards to fit and finish, it is definitely my favorite case so far.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Ok, so I received my Incipio feather yesterday and I must say this thing is awesome. There is only one problem... the color. I decided to order the "Molina Red" and this thing is not red at all. It's more like an orange-pink color.

So just a fair warning for those of you thinking to buy the red feather. In regards to fit and finish, it is definitely my favorite case so far.

I have that one also and have the same complaint about the red color. I hope they come out w/ some new colors soon.

tboooe

macrumors regular
May 22, 2009
How much bulk

does the Speck Candyshell and SwitchEasy Rebel add? I am trying to decide between these two cases and would like to go with the one that adds the least amount of bulk.

klb028

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2006
Texas
I'm still really torn on this decision. there are so many cases out there, and I've read tons of reviews and suggestions/posts from y'all. I'm thinking that I'll really enjoy something like the iSkin Solo or an Incase Protective Cover for the time being.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.