Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
I want to play... but I don't like 1st person view games....

why I didn't give RE7 a shot even tho its free or CyberPunk. Own both..... just really hate not seeing where my character is going.

George Dawes

Suspended
Jul 17, 2014
=VH=
Almost finished village and have to say it’s one if the most boring games I’ve ever played , lots of walking back and forth through monotonous areas , considering the supposed power of the ps5 this game certainly doesn’t utilise it . They’re comparing it to re4 which is laughable . Really unimpressed with it . Wasted 80 quid on the special edition too .. 😡

• Sad
Reactions: BlankStar

benshive

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2017
United States
Started Subnautica. Not my thing.
Started Oddworld Soulstorm. Not my thing.
I started playing Subnautica last week. At first I thought I wasn't a fan but it's really growing on me. So much of the world is so beautiful and I love the creativity of an open world game that takes place almost exclusively underwater. I found that I have more fun with the game if I play the "freedom" game mode that doesn't have hunger or thirst.

Last edited:

fncd

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2020
Having owned every XB console, and never a PS (generally enjoy the Xbox controllers more), I thought I’d pick up a PS5 for the exclusives. I’m currently downloading Days Gone, Horizon, and TLoU. Not sure where I’ll start - likely with Horizon.

Not sure if any of these have any kind of PS5 optimizations - and to be honest, I have no idea how to check.

• Love

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Having owned every XB console, and never a PS (generally enjoy the Xbox controllers more), I thought I’d pick up a PS5 for the exclusives. I’m currently downloading Days Gone, Horizon, and TLoU. Not sure where I’ll start - likely with Horizon.

Not sure if any of these have any kind of PS5 optimizations - and to be honest, I have no idea how to check.
IIRC PS5 enhanced games will install on internal storage if you have external storage for PS4 games. Otherwise I think the game should say PS4 Edition if you hover of the game icon and choose options.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
I’ve been playing It Takes Two with my son, and I can’t say enough good things about it. Literally, the only negative thing I have to say is that it’s not cross-play enabled.

First off: this is co-op only. There is no single player mode, but I don’t think I’d want there to be anyway. Couch co-op is great. The online multiplayer is also split screen, but it makes sense. You have to be able to see the other players screen for some puzzles.
¡Co-llab-or-a-tion!

Second: The art direction is beautifully done. It’s easy sometimes to just stop playing and look around.

Third: The approachability of this game is top notch. The mechanics are really easy to grasp, and the game doesn’t punish you for failing. I would call a few of the puzzles tricky or mildly challenging, but the game is also very forgiving.

Fourth: The game mechanics—what can I say, they’re absolutely perfect. There are elements of side-scrolling and 3D platformers, on-rails and third person shooters, fighting games, flying and racing games. Every time they introduce a different mechanic, I marvel at how well it’s done.

Fifth: The story is compelling. No spoilers, and we’ve not finished the game, but it definitely keeps drawing us back.

Finally: The price. The game is only $40. They could have easily charged $60 and I would have paid it. After beating it, we will definitely play through again just to switch characters. And at $40, it includes friend pass, or whatever it’s called, so if you own the game, you can invite a friend to play it with you, even if they don’t own it.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Finished some of my backlog and finally started playing "Control" after about an hour, I can say I am really liking it.

Also I played the TitanFall 2 campaign, and I must say, that was a damn good playthrough and story.
TitanFall 2 is one of the best games ever. The campaign is truly awesome and everyone should play this through, no excuses. Need to release a 3.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Just wrapped up RE: Village on ps5

starting getting my feet wet with RDR2 finally after getting it for Black Friday last year, probably will take my time with it since its really long and have been in no rush but the intro is sweet! great graphics for a ps4 pro game. Little dabbling with Hades too

Also playing the Doom 2016 port on Switch which is really well optimized all things considered imo! Eternal waiting on the ps5 patch.

Otherwise, Yoshi's Crafted World as well enjoying it more than I thought I would considering its not peoples' favorite installment.

MP its a lot of CoD Cold War recently

!PUMPED! For Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart on Friday, the plan was to beat Village before diving into this one

Last edited:

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
starting getting my feet wet with RDR2 finally after getting it for Black Friday last year, probably will take my time with it since its really long and have been in no rush but the intro is sweet! great graphics for a ps4 pro game.
Oh man, I wish I could play RDR2 for the first time again... What an awesome game. The irony is that I didn't like the intro at first and was bothered how "slow" the game is. I just finished Assassin's Creed Origin before it, and obviously an assassin moves somewhat faster than a cowboy, but at one moment I came at peace with the pace and started enjoying the game so much, that I often found myself just taking a ride with my horse, or taking big detours just for the fun of it. It's a triple-A game that is absoluletly worth the name triple-A.

Reactions: thadoggfather

fncd

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2020
Oh man, I wish I could play RDR2 for the first time again... What an awesome game. The irony is that I didn't like the intro at first and was bothered how "slow" the game is. I just finished Assassin's Creed Origin before it, and obviously an assassin moves somewhat faster than a cowboy, but at one moment I came at peace with the pace and started enjoying the game so much, that I often found myself just taking a ride with my horse, or taking big detours just for the fun of it. It's a triple-A game that is absoluletly worth the name triple-A.
Lenny?!

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Still into the main narrative of Resident Evil: The Village. I have to say, I don’t think the graphics are that much more vast over the PS4 Pro, compared to the PS5. I’m seeing some differences in terms of texture animations are smoother, lighting is more pronounced and overall shade rendering looks better on the PS5. I’m really enjoying the the gameplay in the village, but the narrative is definitely ‘out there’. Capcoms code team has definitely improved a lot over the years with this series. Props to them.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
Im enjoying TLOU2. Im so into zombie games. Will finish it in a couple of days and then dont know which game to go for.

Still got s big backlog (like 9/10 games). Want to finish some of those before buying new games, and I do like to wait for sales. Got TLOU2 for 26€.

Might go for Wolfenstein prequel or Horizon Zero Dawn, which I got for free (thanks Sony!).

Want to buy RE3 and Days Gone and Spiderman next, when price if really low.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.