What is the most attractive iPhone model ever made?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zorinlynx, Sep 13, 2015.

?

What is the most attractive iPhone model?

1. Original iPhone (EDGE)

2. iPhone 3G / 3GS

3. iPhone 4 / 4S

4. iPhone 5 / 5S

5. iPhone 6 / 6S

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

2. wksj macrumors member

5/5S. They should've used the same design on 6/6S.

3. segrobja macrumors regular

Original was my favorite. Except for that terrible bottom plastic piece. But I'll take that over the bands on a 6/6s.

4. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Was the 5 the one which was all glass? Cause if they made one like that in a plus size. That would be sweet!

5. segrobja macrumors regular

Yes. Glass front and back. That way if you drop it both sides can shatter.

6. bhenny1 macrumors member

bhenny1

Remember when the 4 leaked and everyone was disgusted? And now everyone loves it.

7. marchrose2011 macrumors regular

I agree with this. It could just be the nostalgia but I think it's the best looking iPhone so far. Followed by the 6/6S.

8. techiebug macrumors 6502a

9. ultravisitor macrumors 6502

ultravisitor

I like the current generation the most. Next would be the 3 generation. I never liked the hard lines of the 4 or 5. I find rounded edges to be more attractive and nicer to hold.

10. zorinlynx thread starter macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Now that a few votes are in I have to say...

iPhone 4 by far.

I don't think any iPhone model has made me go "whoah" more than the 4. Its elegance and perfection is pretty unmatched.

The 5 is a close second, but then its design language is very similar to the 4. I don't think they'll ever manage something that amazing again. The 6 is a great phone functionally but its design didn't impress me. I would have loved to have the 6's screen size in the iPhone 5 or 4 design.

11. puma1552 macrumors 601

4/4S is hard to beat, but the 6/6S just may do it.

id like to see the 7 go back to glass, but with rumors of the next phone being 6.1 mm thick like the ipod touch 6g, i just dont see glass ever making a return

12. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

4/4S for sure

Amazing feel in hand. Beautiful design and flat sides that are nice to hold on to.

13. rgarjr, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015

rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

iphone 4, solid feel on the hand, nice retina high res screen. The rear glass was nice too. You could swap it if you were to scuff it.

14. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

15. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

No, that was the 4/4s.

I have the iPhone 5. Except for the front and the windows in the back it's all metal. Black/Slate. Only the 4/4s had glass on the front and back, surrounded by a stainless steel band.

16. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Slate iPhone 5, don't even have to think. But even without slate the 5/5s is the best design. I love those phones.

17. segrobja macrumors regular

I'd like for the 7/7s styling to mimic the original as the 7s would mark 10 years of iPhone.

I'd also like to know who voted for the shiteous styling of the 3G/3GS?

18. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Another of my favorites.
    I loved that dark dark color

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I had to include the 5s in my vote because you did not separate it from the 5, but the iPhone 5 in Black/Slate was the best.

Perhaps if the 5s had come in Black/Slate as well I might have liked it more, but Apple decided to make it a lighter color and call it Space Gray/Black. I didn't care for that.

20. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Stylish maybe not - great feel in hand though.

21. segrobja macrumors regular

I'll give you that it was comfortable. But it was a terribly designed phone. Plastic. That would never fly today.

22. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Just because the 4 was a game changer doesn't mean everyone liked it or was happy about it's existence. I acknowledge that it changed things, but I've always hated the design and was glad last year when Apple finally killed the 4s off.

Don't take that to mean I hate anyone using one. I don't. I just don't care for the design. A personal preference.

23. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

None. Most electronic devices are ugly as sin and smartphones are no exception.

24. JohnApples macrumors 65816

In order:
    • 5/5S. Though specifically the 5S. The stainless steel ring around the home button made it better looking IMO. Overall, I felt it had a very classy design. Thin, but not too thin. Simple. I really like the back with the glass only on the very top and bottom with the aluminum "wrapping" around the middle. Favorite by far.
    • 4/4S. The 4 had a really awesome design, and it was super iconic. Felt great too, probably better than any other iPhone. However, I actually wasn't a huge fan of the glass back, so that's why it ranks lower.
    • 6/6S. The front looks great. The sides too. Rounded edges plus the rounded glass look exceptional. However, it's the back that kills it for me. Those thick antennae lines are just too ugly for my taste. I know- it's about function. But still, I think they could've done a better job.
    • 3G/3GS. Was never a fan of the design, even though I don't think it's "awful". I don't like the "rounded back" they had, and the plastic was also a deterrent.
    • Orignal. Like the 3G, but thicker. Also had the weird plastic bottom part.

25. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

I wouldn't mind at all! Plastic has such great hand feel compared to metal to me.