What is your 16" MBP delivery date?

fhamadeh

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2012
San Mateo, CA
Ordered Saturday, 11/16. Opted for express shipping. Delivery date is showing as Nov. 29 through Dec. 3. Hoping that Apple is being conservative and that will move up. As of this morning, order is still processing.

2.4/64GB/8GB AMD 5500M/1TB

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
Still December 2 pickup but finally my card has been charged (or at least it’s pending).

Which is a relief because the cost for the MacBook Pro goes right up to my Apple Card’s credit limit and it’s been stressful to make sure I have enough available on the card the past 4 days.

wgr73

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2005
New Mexico
Still December 2 pickup but finally my card has been charged (or at least it’s pending).

Which is a relief because the cost for the MacBook Pro goes right up to my Apple Card’s credit limit and it’s been stressful to make sure I have enough available on the card the past 4 days.

Mine did the same thing last night now it's preparing. Going to cancel mine because I found one in a store 3hrs away. Cool to see apple send out sooner than later as always!

I'd expect you get yours this week, probably Wednesday

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
Mine did the same thing last night now it's preparing. Going to cancel mine because I found one in a store 3hrs away. Cool to see apple send out sooner than later as always!

I'd expect you get yours this week, probably Wednesday
Hopefully. Although I shipped mine to my Apple store because after 28-35 weeks of saving I get real paranoid about something like that being lost in shipping.

bob99

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2010
Status changed to "preparing to ship" today, and credit card was charged. Still says arrives 26 Nov - 28 Nov. Hoping it gets here sooner!

venom600

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Needed the education discount of ordering online, plus the 2% back from Glamour Rewards (my wife always has to remind me), plus went with store pickup vs shipping as my nearest Apple store is 1% cheaper on sales tax vs my neighborhood. The micro-tax situation in California is pretty crazy.
You were not joking... I live on the eastern edge of LA County. If i have the computer delivered to me the taxes are $276. if I have it delivered to the Apple Store in Rancho Cucamonga (San Bernardino county... 15 minutes away), the taxes are only $201. I'll wait the extra day or two to save that money. Delivery is 12/5. Config is 2.3 i9, 1TB, 5500 8GB, 16GB

Reactions: RichiMac

NJRonbo

macrumors 68020
Jan 10, 2007
Couple questions...

1. How did you find out your order shipped? Email from Apple or did you check your order status?

2. From the moment you found out it shipped, those with EXPRESS delivery, did you get it next day to two days?

james948

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2004
Mine is a BTO shipping to Apple Store in London

Initially scheduled for delivery on 28th November it was marked as shipped on Saturday and updating shipping says 26th. Any idea how long it takes to ship from Shanghai; it goes via the Netherlands right?

It's frustrating that I can't track it because it's shipping to an Apple Store.

netromac

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2004
Norway
BTO 2.3/32/8/1
Ordered 11/13 right after announcement.
Estimated delivery at time of order was nov. 3-5. Shipped yesterday, and left Shanghai today. Estimated delivery is now Nov 28.
Weird that it needs 10 days from Shanghai to Norway...?

IMBC

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2019
Ordered 11/13 right after the announcement.

i9 2.4
5500M 8GB
32GB RAM

Just hit Anchorage, AK a few hours ago and says it will be here on 11/20.

I am in Southern California.

Mortis360

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2013
Norway
BTO 2.3/32/8/1
Estimated delivery at time of order was nov. 3-5. Shipped yesterday, and left Shanghai today. Estimated delivery is now Nov 28.
In my experiences Apple tend to give large delivery windows when it comes to orders shipped from China to Norway, rather than putting a early date and pushing it back. I wouldn't be surprised if it arrives early next week, depends on where in Norway as well since they seem to hand it over to Posten when it arrives the country.

My BTO order changed status to "Preparing to Ship" today (ordered 15th nov), I'm still at 9th to 11th Dec delivery, but if it leaves tomorrow or on wednesday, I would guess to have it on monday or tuesday next week.

nickf1

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2018
Sydney, AU
BTO 2.3/32/8/1
I used to get deliveries in France and the shipping is awfully slow from Shanghai. 10 days sounds about right. It takes 2-3 days to get assigned to a plane, another day to fly to Eindhoven in the Netherlands, stays there for 2 days in the EU customs, then takes the final trip to the destination country, which adds a day or two, and finally gets on board the truck for delivery the day after... 😩
I love being in Sydney now, direct flight from Shanghai, 3 days tops to get the package :cool:.
Good luck waiting, it's almost there!

Mortis360

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2013
Norway
Got a message earlier today that mine have shipped now, estimated delivery tuesday 26th, I live about half an hour away from Oslo.

It have arrived at Pudong International Airport now.

Last edited:
Reactions: TQT

Kronsteen

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2019
27th November, having just changed from 29th - 3rd. Am in the UK.

Ordered 2.3GHz i9 / 32GB / 1TB / 5500M on Thursday. Credit card charged on Sunday. Status changed to "preparing to ship" yesterday and "shipped" an hour or two ago.

Despite having only just changed to "shipped", DHL tracking tells me that it is now in Eindhoven (although with a timestamp of 17:44, which seems to be in the future; possibly a flight arrival time?).

If it is indeed in Eindhoven today, I suppose it's possible that it might reach me before the 27th, but we shall see.