Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
I use a Kensington pilot wireless mouse and keyboard I bought a couple years back I wanted something with a right click button and scrolling(and side scrolling) plus a few extra buttons I can asssign to whatever functions that suit me--I am not really a keyboard shortcuts kinda guy. I have to change batteries anywhere from every 3 to 6 months depending on my usage but it's a pretty good set up.

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
I would think a gamer would need speed response, where in graphics art work you want positioning accuracy ( probably down to pixel level )

Two different worlds with two different needs, at least that's how I look at it.

Sure, a gamer needs speed, sensitivity, low latency but he also needs accuracy, too. How else are you going to get your headshots that everyone else on the server will accuse you of cheating for? Pixel level accuracy. :)

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
Tried looking for your posts on Logitech forums. Couldn't find them. How can I use my VX Nano receiver with my VX Rev?

Here's the relevant thread:

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech...thread.id=17163&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Sweet! 8D¨
This (together with the posts on the logitech forum) sounds promising indeed! The trick seems to be to get the older nano receiver with P/N 993-000057, as the newer ones doesn't seem to work with the (newer?) VX Revolutions..... right?? :confused:

Well, it seems that both mouse hardware revisions, Mk1 and Mk2, have been confirmed as working.

I have the VX Revolution Mk2 (P/N 810-000570) and it works with the Nano Receiver (P/N 993-000057). I originally had some trouble pairing them, but got them to pair by plugging in both the original Revo receiver and the Nano receiver and syncing them at the same time to the mouse in Windows. Weird, but it works and I was later told that some other guys who were having connection issues did this and got it to work, too.

Nakkor

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
Sweden
Sure, a gamer needs speed, sensitivity, low latency but he also needs accuracy, too. How else are you going to get your headshots that everyone else on the server will accuse you of cheating for? Pixel level accuracy. :)
Pixel level accuracy, that's what I want. And if the sensitivity is too high, I'll just turn it down a notch. ^_^
<snip>
Well, it seems that both mouse hardware revisions, Mk1 and Mk2, have been confirmed as working.

I have the VX Revolution Mk2 (P/N 810-000570) and it works with the Nano Receiver (P/N 993-000057). I originally had some trouble pairing them, but got them to pair by plugging in both the original Revo receiver and the Nano receiver and syncing them at the same time to the mouse in Windows. Weird, but it works and I was later told that some other guys who were having connection issues did this and got it to work, too.

Yes, I read in the Nano receiver w/other mice? thread on the Logitech forum, that the 933-000057 Nano Receiver works with both the Mk1 and the Mk2 versions of the VX Revolution. However, my concern is with the different versions of the Nano receiver (perhaps I was a bit unclear as usual :eek:). On the EU Logitech sites in the Spare Parts Store they list the Nano Receiver with a newer(?) P/N (993-000136) than the working 993-000057 mentioned in the thread. But perhaps I should take this discussion to the logitech forum instead where it belongs, this is becomming something of a thread jack. :eek:

*heading for the thread @ Logitech forum*

Ol3s

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2008
L'viv, Ukraine
I use the "V220 Cordless Optical Mouse for Laptops" by logitech. Before that I had this tiny little mouse with a cord, I think I got it for free, but on one fateful day it broke. The next day I went to a store, looked at all the mice, found out that I only had 40 CHF and got the cheapest cordless mouse there was.

I really needed a mouse cos it was the end of the school year and teachers were not teaching anything so all we were doing in class was playing CoD4 on my macbook.

svenwillmann

macrumors member
May 6, 2008
I use the wired Mighty Mouse on all my Macs. Not perfect as the trackball needs cleaning every 3 month or so, but I love the feel of it.

I tried a Kensington PilotMouse (bluetooth) but the response time was terrible, there was always a kind of delay and my hand was hurting after a day of use.

Nakkor

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2009
Sweden
Since my last post I've bought a Logitech Marathon Mouse M705 and I'm very happy with it!
21434.png

The things i like about it are:
+ Hidden thumb button! Exposé function at a click of the thumb. ^_^
+ Unifying receiver (same size as a nano receiver)
+ Loooong battery life!! I only have one _previously used_ battery in it (out of two possible to save weight), haven't changed it in months of daily use.
+ Hyper-fast scrolling! This is invaluable when surfing forums for example!! (easy on/of button on top of the mouse)
+ Heh, almost forgot, it's fast AND accurate on most surfaces. ^_^​
The bad stuff:
- I have large hands, and it's close to being too small for me. That said, I haven't had any problems using it for extended periods of time. ^_^
- ((Not really sure if this is a logitech driver issue or if there's something else wrong on my mac: I've had the scrolling lock up open/save dialogs for a while in Firefox for example.))​
I've been thinking about getting the Performance Mouse MX™ for desktop use, and only using the M705 (with the same Unifying receiver) when away from home. But I can't really justify the cost of the bigger mouse while I'm still happy with the M705.

Cheers
/Nakkor

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
MX Anywhere for on the go

VX Revolution for my desktop

Attachments

• logitech_anywhere_mouse_mx_1.jpg
    logitech_anywhere_mouse_mx_1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 163
  • logitechvxr.jpg
    logitechvxr.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 307

gwsat

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2008
Tulsa
MX Anywhere for on the go

VX Revolution for my desktop
I have routinely used a mouse with both my 17 inch MBP and the 17 inch PB G4 that preceded it. I used a couple of versions of a Bluetooth mouse, including an earlier Logitech. I finally settled on the cheap and simple Logitech LX3 optical mouse and am now on my second one. This version has proved to be the most reliable and satisfactory mouse I have owned. When I factor in its price, the selection was a no brainer. There is inevitably some lag between the time you move a BT mouse and the movement of the cursor. I don't like that.

BeamWalker

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
Logitech Revolution MX ftw.

I got it dirtcheap at a local dealer (<50 Euro) and I love it, worth every penny.

JosX

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2009
Northumberland, UK
I have an MX Revolution, it's a great mouse but I'd love a bluetooth mouse, none ever appealed to me but with that Razor thrown into the mix, I might just make the switch.

Signal-11

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2008
2nd Star to the Right
I have an MX Revolution, it's a great mouse but I'd love a bluetooth mouse, none ever appealed to me but with that Razor thrown into the mix, I might just make the switch.

Logitech makes an MX Revolution in Bluetooth, but only available as a keyboard/mouse set.

Bluetooth has some issues. Depending on the application, you might just be better off with what you have.

bvp663

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2006
Portland, OR
Razer Pro|click
Works great for graphic design, video editing, gaming. Sad that I can't program the buttons on the right hand side.

Testing out the Razer pro|click mobile at the moment. Bluetooth and tracking leave much to be desired. Will be switching back to it's big brother soon and keeping it around for the media center.

HungryWriter

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2010
I just moved from Microsoft ARC (which I loved), to Apple's Magic Mouse (which I absolutely love)!

I wish there was a nice carrying pouch like the ARC so I don't thrash it in my backpack! Any ideas?
My Magic Mouse Review

Tim018

macrumors regular
May 31, 2009
on the go: macbook pro trackpad (best trackpad ever aside from photoshop outlining)

macbook connected in desktop mode: combination of the logitech illuminated keyboard and the logitech performance mx mouse that i just bought yesterday and its awesome, great feel, buttons are great, lots of options in the logitech control center what the buttons can do...replaced my old bluetooth logitech mouse that really was horrid because the mouse jumped across the screen and its movement was fairly unpredictable.

btw, the performance mouse works great in boot camp w7 great too...

Eruanno

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2009
Sweden
I considered getting a MM for the bluetooth, but then I realized Apple's mice are an oozing pile of piss, so I got a Logitech MX620 instead. Also, my stationary PC is sporting a Razer Deathadder mouse.

GeorgeCWB

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2010
I assume people don't like the Magic Mouse? I bought it for some reason... still being delivered but yeah. Any experiences?

p.s. I hate Mac mouses but I thought 'hell, might as well see if they've improved'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.