Spoilers What Movie Are You Watching?

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
The Conjuring(2013)
Rewatched this one and it has held up pretty well. One of the better(and effective), horror movies of the past decade IMHO.
I don’t really get scared too much with ‘Horror’ movies, but the top two scary movies in my opinion has to be ‘The Exorcist’ and ‘The conjuring’. These movies legit made me lock my bedroom door when I’m sleeping with a 45ACP near by. 😁

hawkeye_a

macrumors 65816
Jun 27, 2016
I don’t really get scared too much with ‘Horror’ movies, but the top two scary movies in my opinion has to be ‘The Exorcist’ and ‘The conjuring’. These movies legit made me lock my bedroom door when I’m sleeping with a 45ACP near by. 😁
Was thinking the same thing myself about the genre!

The Exorcist(1973) has got to be the scariest (and best horror) movie I’ve ever seen as well! (Have you seen that deleted scene... the one where she leaves the room and goes down the stairs?)

Reactions: Huntn

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Was thinking the same thing myself about the genre!

The Exorcist(1973) has got to be the scariest (and best horror) movie I’ve ever seen as well! (Have you seen that deleted scene... the one where she leaves the room and goes down the stairs?)
Totally agree. And No, I didn’t see the deleted scene. Even if I did, It wouldn’t scare me anyways if I did watch that particular scene....see below....

Relentless won’t man up and refuses to admit that he would be to scared to watch a deleted scene by himself in the dark.... 😁

Reactions: Huntn

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
The North
Just finished Epic Movie. Had not seen it before, no idea who directed it and when, no intention of looking up that information, but watching the movie made me regret having a functioning set of eyeballs. "WHY?! Why did you watch it?!" you may ask, and rightfully so. Well, simple really. Some time ago I made a point of watching the full film once I start it. From the start to the end of the credits. Sometimes it backfires, but such is life.

About to put in Traffic (2000), directed by Steven Soderbergh. It's been a long while since I last saw the film, and pretty much all I can remember ist the general premise and that it was good with a great cast. I'm sure it will wash away the putrid aftertaste left behind by Epic Movie, at least.

• Haha
Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors 603
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Just finished Epic Movie. Had not seen it before, no idea who directed it and when, no intention of looking up that information, but watching the movie made me regret having a functioning set of eyeballs. "WHY?! Why did you watch it?!" you may ask, and rightfully so. Well, simple really. Some time ago I made a point of watching the full film once I start it. From the start to the end of the credits. Sometimes it backfires, but such is life.
Here ya go buddy, so you'll know who to blame:

Directed by Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer. With Kal Penn, Jennifer Coolidge, Fred Willard, Adam Campbell.

Reactions: Mefisto

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
The North
Here ya go buddy, so you'll know who to blame:

Directed by Jason Friedberg, Aaron Seltzer. With Kal Penn, Jennifer Coolidge, Fred Willard, Adam Campbell.
Interesting. I'm not opposed to a good spoof comedy, on the contrary, and it seems the same folks who made the atrocity we're currently discussing have actually made at least one that's good. Then again Leslie Nielsen was a god among men, so Spy Hard has that going for it.

D.T.

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Interesting. I'm not opposed to a good spoof comedy, on the contrary, and it seems the same folks who made the atrocity we're currently discussing have actually made at least one that's good. Then again Leslie Nielsen was a god among men, so Spy Hard has that going for it.
You probably need to watch Airplane and the Naked Gun movies several times to cleanse your palate :D

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Gone Girl [2014]
48D87EFD-3EB0-4D7B-B206-934CD512D679.jpeg

Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike star in this mystery/suspense. Actually, it’s not really even about a ‘mystery’, there’s no real major plot twists in this one, it’s more of a projected story about the disappearance of a married man’s wife and how she attempted to Frame him for a murder.

I’ve actually watched it a few times, as I picked up more and more little cues about it. The thing that bothers me, is for those who haven’t seen this, somehow classify this as a ‘Chick-flick’, which is not even close to being accurate. {It’s also based on the book.}

But the acting is really genuine, and I’m not referring to Ben Affleck only, Rosamund Pike does an excellent job (She was Also in Hostiles/Jack Reacher). One of the side-characters that I thought was thee stand-out performer in this movie was actually Neil Patrick Harris, which he nails his role, which you see him later in the film.

Anyways, this film shows you the hardships of a married couple and how things start out so perfect and fall apart later in their life with infidelity, distrust and deception conjoined by a woman who meticulously stages a murder. It’s cleverly directed.

Bonus info:

Also, the musical score will reel you in a few sequences, which was composed by Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross. [Trent Reznor started Nine Inch Nails.]

Last edited:

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors G3
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Gone Girl [2014]
View attachment 890132

Ben Affleck and Rosamund Pike star in this mystery/suspense. Actually, it’s not really even about a ‘mystery’, there’s no real major plot twists in this one, it’s more of a projected story about the disappearance of a married man’s wife and how she attempted to Frame him for a murder.

I’ve actually watched it a few times, as I picked up more and more little cues about it. The thing that bothers me, is for those who haven’t seen this, somehow classify this as a ‘Chick-flick’, which is not even close to being accurate. {It’s also based on the book.}

But the acting is really genuine, and I’m not referring to Ben Affleck only, Rosamund Pike does an excellent job (She was Also in Hostiles/Jack Reacher). One of the side-characters that I thought was thee stand-out performer in this movie was actually Neil Patrick Harris, which he nails his role, which you see him later in the film.

Anyways, this film shows you the hardships of a married couple and how things start out so perfect and fall apart later in their life with infidelity, distrust and deception conjoined by a woman who meticulously stages a murder. It’s cleverly directed.

Bonus info:

Also, the musical score will reel you in a few sequences, which was composed by Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross. [Trent Reznor started Nine Inch Nails.]
That’s a great film and one I’ve enjoyed a few tines. It made me relieved I never married a woman who was a writer of erotic novels.

Ulenspiegel

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2014
Land of Flanders and Elsewhere
What a shame. I’ve only seen the first one and thought it was alright.
The first one was ok. The second was a mess. At least for me.

Gone Girl [2014]
View attachment 890132

Bonus info:

Now, that is a great movie!

sman789

Customer Support
Staff member
Dec 25, 2007
Richmond, VA
Recently watched Zombieland: Double Tap
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 1.57.37 PM.png

and Terminator: Dark Fate
Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 1.58.26 PM.png

:confused: Two sequels that shouldn't have been lol. Zombieland had a few good minutes by
introducing a few new characters but then killed them off or underutilized them.

Terminator was much better than I expected it would be. It'll be interesting what happens next.
I still think it shouldn't have been made since it pretty much makes all the previous movies irrelevant with young John Connor getting terminated.

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
Rented Gemini Man.

Picture on the TV, especially the beginning was amazing.

The film was okay. Action in the first half great, then the Will Smithisms begin, and the final third just 'bleh'. Worth seeing it on a nice screen for $2.

D.T.

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Gone Girl [2014]

It's not a mystery or a "chick flick" and only a thriller by way of the insane black comedy that it is - yes, it's a comedy. Very dark, but the extremely absurdity from Fincher should be a clue :)

JayMysterio

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
What are “Will Smithisms?”
One is the speeches, there has to be at least two if not more. I think there's a few.

The angled pain look, I blame that more on Bay though.

It's a few things that if you've seen two Will Smith films, you expect in every movie.

Sort of like Tom Cruise having to at some time run in a film, and/or swim.

In Gemini Man it's a particular speech that for me, the shift in the film downward begins.

It's 'twist' ( of sorts ) will be of absolutely no surprise, which was kind of disappointing.