Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FX120

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2007
Those water purification tablets are really useful on days you're so thirsty that you're tempted to drink your own pee. :)

Otherwise, I save mine for hikes, portages, etc.

I've had my pack put together now for about 3 years, and to date never needed them. :)

But it's one of those small and cheap things that I'd be kicking myself about if I ever did need them, and didn't have them.

7on

macrumors 601
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
All I carry with me is my phone, wallet, keys, and Victorinox Cybertool (has anything you might need out of a pocket knife, even some tools I don't know what they do!)

spoon man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2007
I can't really tell you what to put in you own ''man-purse'' but here is what I spoon man has in my ''man-purse'' 1st thing i call it a sactual like indiana jones has it sounds better than man-purse ;) 2nd you should have two wepons of choice i normally have 9mm Beretta M92F and a few mags of ammo and a hatchet just in case of a zombie invasion or if i'm stuck in a que somwhere and many other reasons.3rd a book to read on the train/bus atm i'm studying my drivng theory test.4th face wipes i hate feeling dirty 5th a pic of my drum kit 6th a book on how not to hit people when stuck in cramped place's. I really don't take anything seriously these days :rolleyes:

cyanideix

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Spare pair of boxers. Maybe a spare undershirt. All this man bag stuff may sound "metro" but for us rocket riders its essential.

cyanideix

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Spare pair of boxers. Maybe a spare undershirt. All this man bag stuff may sound "metro" but for us rocket riders its essential.
Okay so that didnt sound right. How about "motorcycle riders"
I dont think I'm as extreme as the original poster but alot of it makes sense.
BTW, I carry an Oakley Flak pack to accessorize my Honda 1000rr. No one has the right to question ones manhood on this site. It is afterall a computer forum (manly right?)

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Perhaps I can't see them because of the filters here at work, but can those who use a man bag post a picture or two, if they haven't already? I would like to see what MR peeps are using. Thanks.

cyanideix

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2009
Tucson,AZ

Mexbearpig

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2008
Here
Mmmm. Yes. My brother has a backpack incase he spends the night at a friends house. He has
Swim trunks
Spare clothes
And he doesnt do this but, if you work in uncomfortable clothes. Bring comfortable clothes.

Hope this helped

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
A few people actually recommended buying cargo pants!
Cargo shorts (not pants), the purse for men. Seriously, how much **** would you have to carry for cargo shorts to look stupid?

As a female who only carries a purse when I am in an office (ie: dress pants no real pockets) I love cargo shorts. I don't wear cargo pants though, that's just weird.

renewed

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2009
Bemalte Blumen duften nicht.
Cargo shorts (not pants), the purse for men. Seriously, how much **** would you have to carry for cargo shorts to look stupid?

Yeah I can see someone in Chicago in January wearing cargo shorts on public transit with it being -20 outside wind chill. :rolleyes:

Honestly I see nothing wrong with a bag for a man. The first post from today makes the most sense. With public transportation one might need to carry more items. I know I have a lot of items in the center console of my vehicle, but if one doesn't have a vehicle then that wouldn't apply.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Jesus Christ, my wife think's *I* pack like a chick?!?

Some of you guys (I'll use the term "guys" here) need to change into your dresses.

I don't, and won't, carry a purse, or messenger bag, or whatever you call it - it's a freakin' purse. I have a briefcase.

That being said, I carry my work laptop, mouse, power adapter, webcam, extra cords/cables, card reader, and camera in the "laptop" section. I have a calculator, drafting scale, pens and pencils, business card case, voice recorder, Tide stain remover pen, and laser pointer in the front pocket; and a flashlight, tape measure, digital temperature gauge (infrared - it's not a thermometer), notebooks, and extra shirt in the rear section.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Just because you associate bags with femininity doesn't make them feminine, you know.

You've reversed the cause and effect.

I associate them with femininity because they're feminine. Those look like the same things my wife carries her stuff in, and that's called a purse. You can call it whatever you want, you can make it whatever color you want, put any brand on it you want, and sell it in any store you want to any person you want - but it's still the same thing as a woman's handbag.

Guys could all start wearing brassieres and skirts to work, and that wouldn't make them any less feminine.

Saying it's a purse is like saying a kilt is a skirt, chapstick is lipstick, or moisturizer is make-up.

Okay, so we are on the same page.

The only difference between you and I is that my briefcase is made of soft leather. Everything else is the same, including having that 'ol masculine penis under our pants.

I haven't used a hard briefcase since I was an undergraduate 16 years ago. I've used softsides ever since then.

The left is a casual olive canvas saddle bag purse. The right is a professional black leather messenger bag purse.

To each his own, I suppose.

roisin and mac

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
get a grip Tomorrow

God, this whole, 'bags are for women so Real Men don't carry them' does my HEAD IN!! ugh :mad:

And tomorrow, your posts are prime examples of this type of inane drivel. I mean, the opinions you express and even the way you express them are almost a caricature - as though you're only carrying on like that to be provocative. But I can't be sure, so I'll just take what you say at face value (difficult as it may be, given how utterly ridiculous it is. Not setting out to be deliberately hurtful here, but I'm too tired and irritated for the kid-glove treatment, so I'll just call things by their proper name, capisce?).

I could go on and on about all the ways in which you are a) completely off base about equating bags with femaleness or even just femininity (lots of angles here as well, including history, cultural anthropology, sociology, human anatomy and muscle structure, statistics, and tailoring) b) priggishly self-righteous and c) exhibiting a disturbing lack of clarity on what exactly constitutes femininity and masculinity (hint: it's to do with what's between your legs, not what you chose to hang off your shoulder). But it will probably be a waste of time because the way you reacted to the comments other people made makes you sound pretty darn clueless, and I don't think I have it in me to dumb down _quite_ that much.

So I'll just stick with asking: WTF is a guy doing criticizing what other men carry and how they carry it when he freely admits to packing along a spare shirt in his EDC???! Ever heard the one about the glass houses?!

Heck, I'm 'a chick', and a really girly one at that, and I don't go hauling around a spare shirt! :rolleyes:

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Jesus Christ, my wife think's *I* pack like a chick?!?

Some of you guys (I'll use the term "guys" here) need to change into your dresses.

I don't, and won't, carry a purse, or messenger bag, or whatever you call it - it's a freakin' purse. I have a briefcase.

That being said, I carry my work laptop, mouse, power adapter, webcam, extra cords/cables, card reader, and camera in the "laptop" section. I have a calculator, drafting scale, pens and pencils, business card case, voice recorder, Tide stain remover pen, and laser pointer in the front pocket; and a flashlight, tape measure, digital temperature gauge (infrared - it's not a thermometer), notebooks, and extra shirt in the rear section.

Where do you keep your tampons?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
The pockets in the cargo shorts/pants/anything could be completely empty, and in my opinion, they still look ridiculous. "You know what these perfectly fine shorts need? Pockets EVERYWHERE." They're kind of hilarious. No cargo-anything for me, ever. This brings up a good point, though -- everybody has their own preferences when it comes to fashion, and as a man, I'll take carrying a bag around with me over donning cargo-anything 24/7/365 until the day I die. It doesn't mean you're wrong, it just means that you and I are not competing over the same sale rack (our gender differences aside). :)

Pretty sure you and I fought over the same push up bra last weekend at Victoria Secret. Fortunately for you I recognized your need was greater than mine and I gave in. If you don't recall me I was the girl wearing a pair of black cargo capris. :D :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.