What Song is "going around in your head"?

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
What song is going around in your head?

Ever since a couple days ago when I was seeking through the radio stations when driving home from work I heard a song I hadn't heard since the 1999/2000.

The song was 1999 by Prince:
".....Say Say Two-thosand-zero-zero party over ooops out of time.
So tonight I'm gonna party like its 1999...."

If you don't know what song it is just look it up in iTunes you may remember it from around the time of before 2000.

--------------
A few weeks ago I had the song from "Night at the Roxbury"/SNL skits- "What is Love" by Haddaway. Watching the best of Will Ferrell on SNL DVD brought that song back into my head.

I must get the stupidest songs stuck in my head.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Fire on the Mountain (Grateful Dead)
it happened while making a graphic in reference to the "steal your face" image. there are worse songs to be stuck in my head. that is the current one though.

unfaded

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2002
Seattle, WA
A mix of songs from the musical The Last Five Years and a good portion of Dolour's new album, New Old Friends, specifically the title track (You Can't Make New Old Friends) and Cheer Up Baby. Hell of a band (or, more specifically, a songwriter and various friends of his).

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
"Feel Good Inc" by Gorillaz. I was gonna by the album anyway but when I heard the guitar riff on the "Rollerskating" iPod ad it kinda pushed me over the edge.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I don't know what the song is, but a few bars of it keep jumping in and nagging me. It's some 1980s cheesy synth pop thing, and it's one of those deals where it won't go away until I remember where I heard it.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Normally, the last song I heard tend to get stuck in my head. And since I listen to my own iTunes music library most of the time, it's rarely any annoying songs that stick... So unless a really bad song from TV or something sneaks in just before bedtime I'm safe... most of the time...

Because every now and then a really bad song, like You Spin Me Right Round by Dead Or Alive or another really bad 80s song gets stuck on repeat inside my head and quite literally threaten my sanity (we're talking relatively, here ;)). In the worst cases even listening to a couple of good songs will help in removing the offender. Not good... not good at all... :(

BTW, I'm old enough to remember 1999 from when it came out, back in 1982/3... :cool:

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
mad jew said:
Since the wee hours of January 1 2005, I've had the Indiana Jones theme song in my head. I'm not annoyed by it yet...
yeah ever since the dvd box set came out that one has been giving me the heebie jeebies :confused:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
barneygumble said:
yeah ever since the dvd box set came out that one has been gining me the heebie jeebies :confused:

I haven't even watched it for about five years though. :confused:

On the plus side, it's a pretty inspiring song. It's not like I ever just walk into a room these days, I know have to swing in from a whip wrapped round a chandelier. Most exciting albeit a little tiring. :(

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Currently going around is Restless by Within Temptation. Doesn't seem to be on iTunes! :eek:

Edit: There's a shortened version on there.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
a song i made up in spain a week ago after seeing the McPepito (seems to be Spanish only). i tried to remember the song last night and ive had it stuck in here ever since

*ahem*

"McPepito
McPepito
mac-a mac-a mac
McPepito"

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Applespider said:
Thanks a lot - now scanning my iPod for a good tune to get rid of Dead or Alive! ;)
I'm sorry... :eek:

I know that's really an annoying one... but just be glad you don't get this one stuck in your head, which is a hazard for all Norwegians who listened to music the summer of 1989... Now then you'd relly need lots of musical therapy... :D

AAARGH... need... good... music... now... :p