Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
I find the new look distracting, like free floating elements on a white background. It also seems, as if the posts were bigger, though I guess they are as big as before. But it looks strangely big on my 12" ibook.
I know there are some new functions, but... I "don't feel at home" here.

It is not even about aesthetic things, it is about the usability of the new look/interface, what I mean. I know it might sound strange, but isn't part of design, that it structures things and helps to use stuff? Like writing an app and making the GUI so, that buttons are scattered in all 4 corners of the screen, because the designer wanted to get rid of a bar-style menu for the sake of being praised for having done a design revolution.

I hope the new look has only to do with that new functions were not able to be implemented in the old one and not only for the sake of the new.

Reactions: ssgbryan

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I see you are a Portal fan! :D
Well, I am level 290 in GTA Online, if you play it, that is :cool:
A very avid one I may add...

Yes, I play. I bought the game 3 times, lol. On Xbox 360, I'm 60-something, PS4 and PC I'm in the 30s. I don't do missions very often as you can tell, but over the summer I'll be playing often with friends and will probably do most of the heists.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
A very avid one I may add...

Yes, I play. I bought the game 3 times, lol. On Xbox 360, I'm 60-something, PS4 and PC I'm in the 30s. I don't do missions very often as you can tell, but over the summer I'll be playing often with friends and will probably do most of the heists.

Haha, I've bought the game 4 times :p
Xbox 360, and then again for my brother's Xbox, Xbox One, and just now PC. Been playing since day one 17/9/13, and no other game can match it. :D

The heists are great fun, especially with friends, it's like a whole new game! I completed them all in a row for that extra $1m, now at 12 million. :cool:

If you had an Xbox One, I could 1v1 you in a TDM to see who's the best :eek:
Unfortunately for a PC I have a rMBP with Bootcamp so, well, not the best way to play. I plan on building a gaming PC some time in the near future though.

EDIT: Why don't you transfer your X360 character to your PS4, and then your PC? Transferring doesn't delete any data, so you could have a copy of your lvl 60 character on your PS4 AND your PC.

Last edited:

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Haha, I've bought the game 4 times :p
Xbox 360, and then again for my brother's Xbox, Xbox One, and just now PC. Been playing since day one 17/9/13, and no other game can match it. :D

The heists are great fun, especially with friends, it's like a whole new game! I completed them all in a row for that extra $1m, now at 12 million. :cool:

If you had an Xbox One, I could 1v1 you in a TDM to see who's the best :eek:
Unfortunately for a PC I have a rMBP with Bootcamp so, well, not the best way to play. I plan on building a gaming PC some time in the near future though.

EDIT: Why don't you transfer your X360 character to your PS4, and then your PC? Transferring doesn't delete any data, so you could have a copy of your lvl 60 character on your PS4 AND your PC.
I did part of one heist and that's about it. It definitely seems fun.

Sadly, I don't have an Xbox one so I couldn't do that, lol. And my PC barely made the minimum requirements to run the game, lol. I am also planning to build a system, but I first have to sell this one since it's only a year old.

And I did transfer my character to my PS4. I just kept playing the 360 version afterwards because I have specific friends who play on each platform, so they get unbalanced. Since I can only transfer once, I went from 360 to PS4, and then PS4 to PC.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
I did part of one heist and that's about it. It definitely seems fun.

Sadly, I don't have an Xbox one so I couldn't do that, lol. And my PC barely made the minimum requirements to run the game, lol. I am also planning to build a system, but I first have to sell this one since it's only a year old.

And I did transfer my character to my PS4. I just kept playing the 360 version afterwards because I have specific friends who play on each platform, so they get unbalanced. Since I can only transfer once, I went from 360 to PS4, and then PS4 to PC.

Oh, I get it. :D

Wish you the best of luck in building a new PC. Suggest a GTX 960 for max 1080p 60fps or a GTX 970 for max anything up to 4K!

Since the only thing that really matters in PC gaming is the graphics card, if your PC is only a year old, installing a decent graphics card will work wonders, all the CPU does is feed info to the GPU, and 4GB of RAM is enough for most modern games.

(Unless you're using a laptop...)

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Well, when your desktop has a micro-atx board with absolutely no expansions what so ever, I can't do that, :p. I made a horrible mistake in buying this machine, I just couldn't tell from Amazon what expansion there was, and I was a whole lot less educated at the time...

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Well, when your desktop has a micro-atx board with absolutely no expansions what so ever, I can't do that, :p. I made a horrible mistake in buying this machine, I just couldn't tell from Amazon what expansion there was, and I was a whole lot less educated at the time...

Aww man, that's a shame! :p

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK

Apologies for momentarily digressing.... but Micro-ATX should still have 3 slots including a PCIe 16x?

I've got a full ATX board, however the only add-in card I use is the graphics card. Most peripherals have moved onboard now.

My rig 15 years ago had every slot filled!
AGP Rage 128
PCI Voodoo 2
PCI Voodoo 2
PCI SoundBlaster
PCI Network Card
PCI SCSI
ISA Modem

Space was tight and it got a bit toasty in there when the Voodoos were strutting their stuff.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2012
Or 192x192, since it will be scaled down to that anyway.

I tried re-uploading my current profile pic at 200x200 to see if it would make any difference - in fact it looked a little more blurry so I changed it back to whatever it originally was (1000x1000 or something)

Could be because I'm on a retina display though.

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Apologies for momentarily digressing.... but Micro-ATX should still have 3 slots including a PCIe 16x?

I've got a full ATX board, however the only add-in card I use is the graphics card. Most peripherals have moved onboard now.

My rig 15 years ago had every slot filled!
AGP Rage 128
PCI Voodoo 2
PCI Voodoo 2
PCI SoundBlaster
PCI Network Card
PCI SCSI
ISA Modem

Space was tight and it got a bit toasty in there when the Voodoos were strutting their stuff.

Well, HP managed to screw that up, lol. Here is a picture of this madness:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433190107.008334.jpg

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
I tried re-uploading my current profile pic at 200x200 to see if it would make any difference - in fact it looked a little more blurry so I changed it back to whatever it originally was (1000x1000 or something)

Could be because I'm on a retina display though.
That's because it was scaled down to 192x192 after you had already scaled it to 200x200, which would reduce the quality a bit further than simply uploading the 1000x1000 original and having it scaled down 192x192.

Avatars on MR still aren't optimized for Retina.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.