What to Expect at Apple's September 2018 Event: New iPhones, Apple Watch Series 4, AirPods, AirPower and More

naturalstar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Counting down the days! I’m ready for the actual facts at this point.

iPhone Xs 6.5
Series 4 Watch

Later will be the new iPad Pro - please be some time this year!

Reactions: DirtyVega$

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Who cares at this point? It's lapped itself. Quite embarrassing really.
Can You explain how The Airpower ‘lapped’ itself? The Airpower was announced in September 2017 during the fall Keynote, when Phil Schiller stated directly “To look for it in 2018”. So how is that exactly lapping itself, when its still 2018?

‘Lapping itself’ would be if the Airpower did not launch on time if it was given a specific date, which it never had in the first place. Two different things.

Freida

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2010
I think more people maybe excited about the Apple Watch than the iPhone for once. I certainly am. My iPhone X will be fine for at least another year or two
I have S2 of the Apple Watch and I really don't see any reason to upgrade unless they add more sensors that are useful. S3 was the same, until Apple adds more sensors and more stuff that is actually very useful then I think most people will be fine with any version of the watch (except maybe S0 or S1).
[doublepost=1536356834][/doublepost]
Can You explain how The Airpower ‘lapped’ itself? The Airpower was announced in September 2017 during the fall Keynote, when Phil Schiller stated directly “To look for it in 2018”. So how is that exactly lapping itself, when its still 2018?

‘Lapping itself’ would be if the Airpower did not launch on time if it was given a specific date, which it never had in the first place. Two different things.
He referred to the fact that it took a whole year and its still no show. They could have waiting for this event instead.
Thats what he meant and thats what makes sense. Don't be defensive for the defense purpose. I'm sure you would agree that waiting 1+year for something is annoying.

zorinlynx

macrumors 603
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Anyone else kind of pissed off that there won't be any TouchID phones coming out?

I LOVE TouchID. It's enough that if my iPhone 7 Plus were to fall into the sea next month, I'd likely go buy an 8 Plus as a replacement rather than the new notchy TouchID-less phones.

I wish Apple had kept making two lines, the FaceID phones and the classic form factor, at least for a couple more years. :(

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
This event is shaping up to the biggest and most incredible event ever with unbelievable new products. These new iPhones will be the best Apple has ever made. And the same applies to the new Apple Watch.
I think everyone will be upgrading their devices this year.

Reactions: The Barron

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
He referred to the fact that it took a whole year and its still no show.
But It’s _not_ been a year, so that’s not true. As I explained, Phil Schiller stated to look for it in 2018, and its still 2018 , when there is more than enough time for it to still launch. It was never specified for release date for the Airpower, which some are misconstruing that in fact there was one, when there was not.
[doublepost=1536357992][/doublepost]
Anyone else kind of pissed off that there won't be any TouchID phones coming out?
Not at all. Really enjoying Face ID and its potential for the future. I think it is a stronghold in other products like the iPad as well. I think there is room for improvement, but the advancements with 3-D facial mapping is fairly incredible.

Reactions: martyjmclean

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
So much hype worrys me cos we get let down if they don't do what we think i want new ipads :)

Not_Set_On_iPhone

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2017
This event is shaping up to the biggest and most incredible event ever with unbelievable new products. These new iPhones will be the best Apple has ever made. And the same applies to the new Apple Watch.

Are you serious? Of course the new phones/watches/laptops will be better. Would they release products that are worse than the previous year?

The camera is the same as the iphone 6s for goodness sake. It's unacceptable and you guys are delirious

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I can't understand why Apple think larger screens will be popular.
Because Apple emphasizes and places their latest capabilities and features into the larger iPhones with bigger displays and larger batteries. That’s why. If you Look at the smart phone market now, larger displays have dominated for quite some time and smaller iPhones with 4 inch displays have been on a downward trend for while, even though I still think it’s great that they offer the SE as an entry-level device and affordable.

Last edited:

bigandtasty

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
I think more people maybe excited about the Apple Watch than the iPhone for once. I certainly am. My iPhone X will be fine for at least another year or two
I believe you're correct. Not as big of jumps in tech with the phones as there used to be. At least not enough for the need to constantly upgrade. The current phones 8/8+/X are pretty darn fast. The jump in tech advances with the Watch are a lot bigger. Being I am on a series 0 and currently have an iPhoneX, pretty much just interested in the watch..

Freida

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2010
But It’s _not_ been a year, so that’s not true. As I explained, Phil Schiller stated to look for it in 2018, and its still 2018 , when there is more than enough time for it to still launch. It was never specified for release date for the Airpower, which some are misconstruing that in fact there was one, when there was not.
[doublepost=1536357992][/doublepost]

Not at all. Really enjoying Face ID and its potential for the future. I think it is a stronghold in other products like the iPad as well. I think there is room for improvement, but the advancements with 3-D facial mapping is fairly incredible.
Oh dear, you must be a joyful one :)
Yes, we can dwell on technicalities and yes its still 2018 but the point is, the could have waited for the reveal for next week and it would work better. Its simple as that, if you can't deliver it within reasonable time then don't show it so early. Simple!
And please, don't scrutinize tiny details, just look at the bigger picture or just let it go.

Lankyman

macrumors 68000
May 14, 2011
U.K.
Because Apple emphasizes and places their latest capabilities and features into the larger iPhones with bigger displays and larger batteries. That’s why. If you Look at the smart phone market now, larger displays have dominated for quite some time and smaller iPhones with 4 inch displays have been on a downward trend for while, even though I still think it’s great that they offer the SE as an entry-level device and affordable.
I think the sarcasm of my post was completely lost on you

lambertjohn

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2012
The parrot said the same thing last year and the year before that and the year before that. Squawk!

nviz22

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2013
I am really hoping T-Mobile has some killer trade in deals towards the 9 and XS. Their last great deal was on the 7 w/ a free 7 on a 2-year contract w/ a 6 or 6S trade in. If they do that with the 9, I would gladly trade in my 8+ towards it. If the new iPhone includes Band 71 and Band 66 LTE coverage, then that would be swell for T-Mobile to be aggressive to get iOS users onto newer tech.

Freida

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2010
I can't understand why Apple think larger screens will be popular. I thought 4" was all the screen real estate iPhone users would ever need?
I don't mind large screens but I don't like the fact that Apple stop catering people with small hands. iPhone X is a joke for those that have tiny hands (like me for example). This year its even worse as the smallest one is the largest one from last year (5.8). Its insane.
iPhone 6 was probably the max I could work with (screenwise) and that option is no longer viable in the new form. So one can get iPhone 8 or nothing :)
Great

Reactions: coolfactor