What to Expect at Apple's September 2018 Event: New iPhones, Apple Watch Series 4, AirPods, AirPower and More

BigSky20

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2007
By the way, Best Buy is having a one day sale on v3 Apple Watches today. $300 off!

I am still waiting for next version, but great deal!

Lands1992

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2018
XS also stands for Extra Small (just ask Xherdan Shaqiri)

By your logic, the Pro suffix should be unacceptable as it's a colloquial term for the oldest profession.

Bad impression? I think you've got a bit carried away.
Except that it should never “sound” like excess because it’s called iPhone XS (ten S)

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Yes, we can dwell on technicalities and yes its still 2018 but the point is, the could have waited for the reveal for next week and it would work better.
We don’t know if there was any cause for a possible delay if it *could* have launched earlier, but the reality is, you can’t set an expectation for a date when the never was one to begin with from Apple, and there is nothing wrong with revealing a product early, when Apple never disclosed why it was not launched to someone else’s expectations. Partly it is ignorance that others don’t realize that Phil Schiller did state to look for it in 2018, When others believed there was a set date, when there was not.

For the record, what they could have improved on, was at least provide more marketing towards the Airpower, which they did not do. But let’s not conflate that Apple should have given a date when they never disclosed one, those are two things that are not mutually exclusive.

Reactions: martyjmclean

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
Are you serious? Of course the new phones/watches/laptops will be better. Would they release products that are worse than the previous year?

The camera is the same as the iphone 6s for goodness sake. It's unacceptable and you guys are delirious
Many companies release new products that are inferior to previous generations. Apple rarely does this thankfully, but knowing these new iPhones and Apple Watches will be the best ever is something we should all get excited about.

The camera is massively improved with every new iPhone. This is a fact.
[doublepost=1536360676][/doublepost]
Calm down Tim, you've just blown your cover. o_O
I wish I was Tim. I'm just a proud Apple customer.

Reactions: martyjmclean

Nilhum

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2016
I don't understand Apple's strategy with the 5.8 and 6.1. Why would most consumers care about the OLED or a second camera if they can get a bigger screen, something that looks exactly like the X, and is 200-300 cheaper? The size difference is so minuscule as well.

coolfactor

macrumors 601
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I want:
  • An updated iPhone SE
  • An updated Mac mini
That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
[doublepost=1536362996][/doublepost]
They should just do Volume like watch’s .
iPhone X Volume 2 .
The 5.1 LCD phone seems like the black sheep of the bunch . Another C for crap phone . Lack of 3D Touch is annoying, makes things too inconsistent. At least SE is old so you understand that but a new phone that doesn’t it . Boo

I hope they mention a wireless keyboard with Touch ID and touch bar for iMacs . It would be wonderful to have. So new iOS releases Right after the presentation? Or a day later ?
You're thinking "Series", and I agree. Better than "iPhone Xs Max"... please, for the love of all things sane, don't go down that path, Apple!

Reactions: LiveM and AVEGA

code-m

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
We have taken the X and......wait for it......made it bigger!

Wake me up when it is over...
I feel the same way. I will just check out the Apple site later in the day. Another uninteresting keynote brought to you by Tim Cook. Yawn.

Hoping a new iMac is released as a client is looking to purchase.

coolfactor

macrumors 601
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Mmm. Mmmmmhmmm. Mmmmmmmmphmmmmhmm. Mmmmmac mini !!!!!!!
Apple would be smart to release a Mac mini at this time of year, as it would be a good Christmas season seller.

And just imagine if they had the wisdom to make the Mac mini a modular add-on to those with an iMac. "Want to upgrade your existing iMac? Just attach a Mac mini via a Thunderbolt cable. Boom! Twice the CPU, twice the storage, no configuration!". I'm dreaming...
[doublepost=1536363522][/doublepost]
I think the sarcasm of my post was completely lost on you
You need to add /s to show that your comment was intended sarcasm. I read your comment and feel the same way as the person you responded to. I didn't read any sarcasm in your post.

I, too, prefer the 4" screen size. My SE is preferred over my gf's larger iPhone 7 screen, for example.

The Barron

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2009
I feel the same way. I will just check out the Apple site later in the day. Another uninteresting keynote brought to you by Tim Cook. Yawn.

Hoping a new iMac is released as a client is looking to purchase.
Agree - I want to see a newly refreshed iMac.

As far as yawning goes, Eddie won't be due to "sawing logs" at the presentation. Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Williesleg

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2014
NY, NY
Mac Mini Pad? I mean a welded shut non-upgradable Mac Mini.

Ok, now for something a little lighter - who's making up the Apple Bingo cards?