Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UltimaKilo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
FL
Kaby Lake seems a natural fit for the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro lines in late 2016. The significant advances in GPU might finally be enough for Apple to fully drop iGPU in the larger MBP.

I highly doubt the MBA will be phased out before the release of Cannonlake in late 2017.

Reactions: AdiQue

Alex Moran

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2015
A OS with no bugs... o wait a minute that used to happen under steve jobs. we now have cook destroying everything
Steve Jobs, a horrible human being who dumped his daughter, treated people like crap

The guy believed he could cure his own cancer because he was too arrogant.

Under Steve Jobs we would still be stuck in the past. I'm happy he is gone. Learn to deal with it

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
I don't really understand what value there is to adding a camera to the watch. I haven't ever found myself wanting or needing a camera.

Any ideas?

dick_tracy_large-560x315.png

Mr. Donahue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
I think they need a new OS line of iPads. Like iPad Pro can be a hybrid OS of OSX & iOS. Then you can have your small 4" iPhone for texting & listening streaming Apple Music and your iPad for web browsing and your Pro for stuff you would normally do on your MBP. Then a RMBP for people that really need one.
Oh and don't forget your Apple Watch 2 that remote turns on your New Apple Car!!!! Bam! I wrote this while eating a honey crisp apple.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

sidewinder3000

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2010
Chicagoland
I don't really understand what value there is to adding a camera to the watch. I haven't ever found myself wanting or needing a camera.

Any ideas?

Any ideas?
It would definitely make espionage, and all manner of Dick-Tracy-style monkey business, much simpler.

In all seriousness, "wanting or needing" rarely dictates what Apple does. Like Steve Job's old saw about Henry Ford asking people what they want and them replying "a faster horse." If they see a use for it, they will make it. I didn't really "want" 3D Touch, but the editing feature alone (moving the cursor with a hard press on the keyboard) is a revelation in my workflow. As far as a camera, I could definitely imagine snapping an extemporaneous photo with my watch that I wouldn't have had time to pull my phone out for. And also quickly capturing a photo of a document, receipt, or even where my car is parked. I could also imagine the ease of having a FaceTime call without having to physically hold the phone, freeing up one of your hands and making it easier to do while walking or out & about. Can't wait to play with whatever new features the watch has.

Last edited:

SlipperySlop

Suspended
Sep 14, 2015
Another OS update. Joy!
What's fabulous is that NO ONE will force you to update anything you don't want to. You don't have to update the OS. You don't have to buy a new Mac. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. So why are you afraid of another update? There is nothing to fear but fear itself. Be brave. Be bold. Don't do something simply because it's there. Make an informed decision and go from there. Good luck.

StevieD100

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2014
Living Dangerously in Retirement
MacMinis, please!

I would like an updated Skylake MacMini. Please include discrete graphics on the map d to high end models. There is no reason why discrete graphics cannot be included.

I would rather see only i5 chips with no i7 option, but have a GPU and nice video ram option.
I want a Mac Mini with 2TB of PCI-E storage, i7 CPU and up to 32Gb of Ram
The Mac Pro is too darned expensive. Something between the mini and the Pro would be ideal.
My current goto server is an 8 core i7 + 64Gb Ram + 3Tb of SSD. Come on Apple make me something that can allow me to say goodbye to Windows.

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
I hope they can manage to fix all the messy naming version for each product.

And because this will not happen, then I will continue with those and hope they do justice and honor the Mac Plus 30th anniversary and release the iMac Plus 34" or 55" iMac XL.:D

No Cinema Display? :(

From the list provided, the second gen of the watch may be as it should had been released the first time, looking forward to the blood pressure monitoring and maybe it does put some competition to all other activity trackers and provide good sleep monitoring and coaching.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I prefer my 6s plus over the 5s..

It seems Apple's current strategy is to flood the market with different versions of the same devices and hope for the best. it will all end in tears

I happened before, and you are correct , it was a failure . Interesting that in the quest for profits an organisation does not learn from its past , but repeats..... Suppose if you do not innovate, you milk the product line. We should have just one iPhone .

jasonph

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2011
I was looking forward to the Air 3 but as we know, it never happened in 2015.

I like the look of the iPad Pro apart from its vast size and the disappointing screen (when compared directly to a mini 4). I also think it's waiting for the next evolution in iOS (for example Springboard/homescreen layouts).

As Apple are always fairly conservative in specs, and are effectively competing against themselves in tablets, if the Air 3 arrives by March I think it will feature an A9 (possibly at a higher clock) to help differentiate it from the significantly pricier Pro. After all the A9 in my 6s plus outperforms my Air 2 (and that isn't really slow).

But worst of all I think it won't support Apple Pencil. Which is a real shame especially with Affinity Designer and Photo promised to be coming from Mac! :-(

Last edited:

HailstormX

Contributor
Nov 21, 2012
Im kinda excited for Watch OS 3 not sure what they have in store but its kinda like iOS it took a couple point releases to really get rolling. The only think I'm not looking forward to wanting to buy a new watch every year so the OS can so one new thing. I started out with a sport and got a steal on the a black stainless steel model. Its built really well. Over all I really like my Apple Watch (mainly for notifications and the health stuff) out side of that don't really care about apps too much but if they loaded faster that would be a plus.

Reactions: Spendlove

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I'd be willing to step out on a limb here and guess that everything Apple releases in 2016 will be thinner and lighter. Can you imagine the shock we'd all experience if Apple announced the iPhone 7 as "the bulkiest phone we've ever produced"?

Basic75

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2011
Europe
Why is tvOS called a "brand new" operating system? It's iOS with a somewhat different GUi. (And of course iOS is more or less OS X with a different GUI.) Most of the system is the same...

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Really interested to see what apple does with their MacBook line....I really want either a 14" MacBook or a redesigned and thinner 13" MacBook Pro.

I just bought the iPad pro however, and it really is an amazing machine. Can't believe I ended up keeping it. I really thought it was something I would return and just wait for the iPad Air 3, but it's really awesome. Very excited to see the improvements that iOS 10 bring to the iPad line. Make this thing way more powerful than it already is.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
What can we expect in the new year for Apple?

- New iPhones
- New iPads
- New OS X
- New iOS
- New Watch OS
- New Macs
- Maybe a new other thing.

Wow MacRumors. That's the same thing everyone predicts every year. Because it's so generic. And a good chance of being correct. You are just predicting what everyone predicts for Apple every year. You also claim these things will happen (like all the other analysts) when the truth is no one knows for 100% sure till Apple says it.

This topic is no different to any other analyst out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.