Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Owner of White Iphone

• Total voters

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
I really would like to see the sex of those who own the White Iphone. Pretty straight forward poll, and no reason in particular.... just curiosity.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Male.

I got a white 4S primarily because when I wanted to buy one, it was the only 64GB AT&T model I could get at an Apple Store near me.

But, I had been wanting a white iPhone 4 before that, and had a white 3GS.

The next iPhone I get will probably be black though, to match my iPad.

mullets

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2011
any guy with a white iphone likes white iphones, and guys. be a man, get a black iphone. they look 10000x better anyway.

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
White 4S here. Also plan on getting the new iPhone in white.

Also about this poll you have to consider most of the MR population is male.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Realizing there are probably about 15 guys for every woman who reads and participates in these forums you're never likely to get results that are not skewed.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
very true about the male female ratio on the forums. I guess a better question is what made you choose white? I also see a lot of people who went with white, but then put a black case on it...totally defeating the purpose.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I had a white and a black... work and personal. but when I bought the white one, I did not have my work phone yet.

I had a white 4S, I gave it to my girlfriend. On the 4/4S from factor, I think the white iPhone looks a lot better.

On the new phone, I do not like how the white looks from the parts leaks, so it will be interesting to see it in person.

ADDITIONAL: I have a white GS3 currently...

Last edited:

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2012
<---- female:)

I pretty much chose mine cause I don't like the black one cause it's soooo boring,(i mean come on my mother has one!),& cause that's all I saw. Soon as I got the white one? Haven't seen a black one since-____-

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Since most of the nerds on this forum are male, this poll is useless. You need a poll that asks what color phone do you have and are you male or female. Then you could compare the percentages and get a meaningful result.

I alternate colors every new iPhone. Currently I have a white 4S. Next a black 5. Male :cool:

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Since most of the nerds on this forum are male, this poll is useless. You need a poll that asks what color phone do you have and are you male or female. Then you could compare the percentages and get a meaningful result.

I alternate colors every new iPhone. Currently I have a white 4S. Next a black 5. Male :cool:

yeah, would have been a better idea to do a poll with....

black male
black female

white male
white female

....oh well :)

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
This poll is premature. I couldn't get myself to buy the rather cold-looking, all white iPhone 4/4S, but might consider the two tone new iPhone in white. The back is mostly aluminum.

mzjin

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2011
I am male and have a white one.

But I notice white is a lot more prevalent in female users.

I got mine in white because it was the only one available in 64GB on Verizon at the time.

I will be getting a black one for the iPHone 5 though.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
This poll is premature. I couldn't get myself to buy the rather cold-looking, all white iPhone 4/4S, but might consider the two tone new iPhone in white. The back is mostly aluminum.

I wasn't referring to the iphone5, just currently what people are using

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
White 4S, and I'm a guy.

I laugh when people say white phones are girly. Very childish mentality.

I like white because it's very Apple and not as commonly seen. Blacks cool too, maybe next time.

ARSC

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
Black iPhone 4 so got the 4s white but will get black iPhone 5 as the white gets too freaking dirty

Mr Hill

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
White of course. I always get my iPhones in white if possible. The all white look of the 4 and 4s is especially nice. It just looks smoother an cleaner. Fingerprints are pretty much invisible on it too. In the leaked photos so far the black looks better so I might consider switching this time.

I'm male but yeah I notice most women go for the white iPhone too.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
White, it's classic Apple. For anyone who questions anything, look at Apple from 2001-2007, white everything. Did males just not use Apple products back then? Ugh this post iPhone Apple all of a sudden gotten people thinking in a different mindset or something.

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
This pole is useless.

Not many women are posting here as opposed to Facebook, & others.

Mine is Black
My wife's is White

The poll does indicate that more white iphones are owned by male macrumor members over black iphones thus far, so the poll is not useless.

I read a post some time ago from a member that asked if the white phone was for girls. That irritated me a bit. Just because its white does not mean its for girls. PINK however, in my opinion is a color that many girls would like. Not the male owners. I hope ;)

PS: I like White.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.