White Iphone Owners?

Owner of White Iphone

• Total voters

mjpearce023

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2012
I've never understood why some people think the color of your phone equates to your sexual orientation.
I think its more of grade school or maybe even high school thing. None of my friends (adults 25 to 35) think this way. Its just kids who worry too much about their image.

Want300

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I had a white 4S for my personal phone, my girlfriend had a black iPhone 4 (she didn't have much choice since it was my old iPhone 4)...

Now that she has my 4S... She told me she definitely likes the white iPhone better. Her mom also has a white 4S

j.dstasio

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2009
South Jersey
<----- Female with a white 4S. I'm also gay, so I'm not sure how that fits in with the statistics here on MR.

It really just comes down to personal preference & even that is subject to change from device to device.

Both my 3G and 3GS were black. I thought the white looked cheap & out of place with the black frame around the LCD. I wanted a white iPhone 4 at launch but we all know what happened there. I bought a white conversion kit as soon as they were available & when the 4S launched I opted for white. Having had both colors with the 4/4S, I feel that the white hides light scratches and finger better than black. The recent mockups & part leaks so far look better in black IMO but that's subject to change as better/ more images are out in the world.

falterego

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2008
Southern California
I'm a guy and I have a white 4s. I think it's easier to find in a dark room, and since my wife has a black one it makes it easier to tell them apart so I don't accidentally take her phone.

deiu

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2012
Male with white iphone 4s. But i also had a black iphone 4 before so i like both.

malias4

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2011
Greece and Holland
I got the black iphone 4 when it came out 2 years ago, then i would upgrade to the new iphone last year but we all saw it was just the same old ***** so i sold my black i4 n got an i4 white last september.

I think white looks better:apple:

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
I've had both. I went from black to white, then back to black. I wish I would have gotten white. It hides fingerprints extremely well. The only "issue" is that dirt that gets caught in the creases are more easily visible.

I've had people say that the white one is "girly" but I don't care.

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
I had a white 4, but gave it to my mom who wanted an iPhone. I upgraded to the black 4s just to try out something different.

Edit: Male here btw

Dwalls90

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2009
Bound to be a skewed poll. You're crazy if you think the ratio of men to women on this forum are 50/50.

Rocking the white, but going back to black for the next iPhone

Big.Mac.Daddy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
Had a white 4S and LOVED how it hid fingerprints, but hated that it stuck out like a sore thumb compared to any other gadgets I own.

In the end I had to trade my white 4S for a black one, simply because I'm too OC to have only one of my gadgets a different color.

You're crazy if you think the ratio of men to women on this forum are 50/50.
Agreed... and it's a damn shame there's not enough female nerds in the world :(

jj47

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2012
Too much ignorance there for me formulate a proper response.
If you aren't mature enough to handle someone else's opinion and insist on throwing your toys out of the pram when someone else thinks differently to you; please leave these forums. They are not for you.

My opinion on the White iPhone is not to belittle anyone. It's just the way I feel.

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I love white on a lot of the stuff I own. If I had my choice I'd trade my bike in for the newer white model. I have a white 4s, had a black 4 because I wasn't sure I'd like the all white design, had a white 3Gs, and a black 3G. Most of my riding gear is a combo of white/black and my dream car is a white Audi A4. So I don't see why males can't have white iPhones. I think it looks damn good.

iScheme

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2012
I'm a male with a white iphone, but sometimes I wish I was a girl because they have longer orgasms. :)

Big.Mac.Daddy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2012
I'm a male with a white iphone, but sometimes I wish I was a girl because they have longer orgasms. :)
Lies
Some research has found that women’s orgasm last about 18 seconds of loveliness (on average). You men, however, win out on the average, clocking in at around 22 seconds of orgasmic wonderment.

- Debby Herbenick, PhD is a sex researcher at Indiana University
http://blogs.menshealth.com/sex-professor/qa-how-long-do-orgasms-last/2010/03/30/

Also quite strange that you would change your entire sex for a few seconds longer orgasm :rolleyes:

jtgreen86

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2010
I have a white 4S due to me not wanting to wait longer for a black 32GB after Best Buy mobile sold the only one they got on launch day (aka the one I preordered) to someone else. I'll be switching back to black when I'm eligible for the next one.

AnotherBrian

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Male and have the white, I think it looks better and you don't see fingerprints all over it. Had the 2g, 3GS and 4 in black, they say once you go black you will never go back but that's not true in my case.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Male and have the white, I think it looks better and you don't see fingerprints all over it. Had the 2g, 3GS and 4 in black, they say once you go black you will never go back but that's not true in my case.
I am so torn between white and black with the next iPhone. I love the white because its classic Apple, but black looks so classy in a business environment.

moosquared

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
Male, white iPhone. I have a male friend too who is using a white 4S. Hell bent of getting the white one. He thinks the black is ugly (or not as nice at the white). But another female friend is the opposite. She insisted on getting the black 4S.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
If you aren't mature enough to handle someone else's opinion and insist on throwing your toys out of the pram when someone else thinks differently to you; please leave these forums. They are not for you.

My opinion on the White iPhone is not to belittle anyone. It's just the way I feel.
OT: Quite a strong reaction for someone else simply posting the way he feels.

4S is the first white phone for me and I will probably go back to black if I upgrade. I'm not sure people realize the history of white in Apple's products. I'm almost surprised there is a black iPhone.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
This. I always just assume they're homosexual.
White iBooks back in the day?
White iMacs back in the day?
White iPods back in the day?

NOBODY has given me a valid answer yet to this...Did you guys (or just males in general) just NOT USE APPLE PRODUCTS prior to the iPhone? Also to make maters worse, your ONLY option was WHITE. Apple didn't let you have a black iBook unless YOU PAINTED THE DAMN THING.