Who else is getting "We were unable to complete set up online"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maf2k8, Jun 15, 2010.

1. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

Trying to preorder ( on a upgrade ) they Apple site and i get this "We were unable to complete set up online" near the end of the page?

We were unable to complete set up online.

To finish creating your account, you’ll need to visit an Apple Retail Store where we can help you in person.
    Apple Retail Store

Pick up your iPhone at your favorite Apple Retail Store starting at 7 a.m. on June 24 and we'll get you up and running in minutes. Just choose a store, then click Pick Up

2. krogren macrumors member

3. Kyliec89 macrumors member

Yeah i got that too. i was told to keep trying or try later because it should start allowing it or something.

4. TapTapps macrumors newbie

Just keep trying. About an hour ago it took me 40 minutes of that to get one of the phones through.

5. Scorpion44 macrumors newbie

yep same here did anyone get successfully past this??

6. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

We were unable to complete set up online.
    To finish creating your account, you’ll need to visit an Apple Retail Store where we can help you in person.
    :mad:

7. Scorpion44 macrumors newbie

yeah very frustrating to get to that point and not be able to finish the order especially after you have waited to pass the eligibility screen which takes forever I wonder if I should continue to even try tonight and when I goto AT&T.com I get "We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are unable to support this request online. Please contact Premier Support at 1-866-499-8008" I don't know which is the lesser of the two evils

8. dinosaur1 macrumors regular

I got that too, I have been trying on and off since 8am.....geez

9. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

10. kryten3000 macrumors regular

kryten3000

nothing as of yet

I really had higher expectations from Apple, AT&T I can understand, but not Apple. I am very disappointed in Steve Jobs. :(

11. MacintoshJosh3 macrumors regular

Glad I am not the only one but considering I stayed up until 4AM eastern when it went live and tried to pre-order until 6AM (failed. Then I woke up at 11AM and tried until 2PM (no success) now after work I am getting this message. Not to mention I wanted white and it's not available. Is this all a sick joke?

12. darkwolf2 macrumors newbie

Earlier today I was able to order a 32GB for delivery on the primary line of a family plan. Received confirmation receipt and everything.

Now I get this when I try to order a second iPhone on any of the other eligible lines of the same plan. The family plan was tagged as a "premier" account about a week ago. (Fan # appears on AT&T management page)

What are the exact situations of everyone else receiving this error? (new account/upgrade/multiple upgrades, premier account or regular, etc)

13. alexbates macrumors 65816

alexbates

Upgrade for me. Appears after I have chosen the data amount and text message option.

14. cu2010 macrumors 6502

existing account (BB), single upgrade, premier acct... I'll try again tomorrow.

15. El Carbonite macrumors regular

I have the same error. Existing account, primary line upgrade, premier.

Now it looks like I'm waiting until July 2nd.

16. MacintoshJosh3 macrumors regular

New accnt error here. Pre orders out until July 2nd. Have to take my place in the first come first serve line.

17. krogren macrumors member

Tried all day long, at least a thousand attempts (no lie!), and yet everytime I got this message.

18. WadeTheKid macrumors newbie

Same here, wont even add to my cart.

Anyone get past this?

19. dinosaur1 macrumors regular

i have been reading people are getting 7/2 shipment date. if i go to the apple store 7/2 what are the chances in getting one?

20. cu2010 macrumors 6502

I'm still getting the same message... but I could still schedule an in-store pickup. It says my reservation has been confirmed and that it will be held until close of business on June 24.

21. dinosaur1 macrumors regular

i cant schedule apple in store pickup, it just says 1st come 1st serve.

22. WadeTheKid macrumors newbie

Have you been trying multiple times throughout the day? I just get a message saying there are no more Reservations available.

Someone does not want me to get this damn phone.

23. dinosaur1 macrumors regular

w/out a reservation can you go in the store and still get one on 6/24?