Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weesy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Thats not bad. I wonder if I call the store I'm planning on going to if they'll give me any kind of insight. At this point I don't even care about storage size or color, I just want a plus.

Tokenfreak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
If I buy my phone at full retail from the Verizon store can I still keep my unlimited data?

cantankerously

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I'll pass on waiting in an Apple store line.

However, there is a Sprint store at the end of my block. I'm planning to head out there a couple hours early since I have the day off. Hopefully I can be first in line and have a chance at purchasing "something"... really hoping for a JB 7 or 7+ :)
[doublepost=1473954373][/doublepost]
If I buy my phone at full retail from the Verizon store can I still keep my unlimited data?

Usually, but I would check with Verizon... some carriers have stipulations that state changes to hardware could possibly impact your prior agreements.

FWIW... This is exactly what I do with Sprint. I'm currently off contract, but on an old plan with unlimited, unthrottled data. I always buy my phones at full retail and have sprint just switch my service to the new phone.

Reactions: bnekic

Tokenfreak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
I'll pass on waiting in an Apple store line.

However, there is a Sprint store at the end of my block. I'm planning to head out there a couple hours early since I have the day off. Hopefully I can be first in line and have a chance at purchasing "something"... really hoping for a JB 7 or 7+ :)
[doublepost=1473954373][/doublepost]

Usually, but I would check with Verizon... some carriers have stipulations that state changes to hardware could possibly impact your prior agreements.

FWIW... This is exactly what I do with Sprint. I'm currently off contract, but on an old plan with unlimited, unthrottled data. I always buy my phones at full retail and have sprint just switch my service to the new phone.

Ok, thanks for the information. I will probably give them a call and find out. I also am wondering if I need to cancel my order with Apple first before I try to buy one their. My Apple orders does ship until November...

nestafaria

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
This is my exact situation. I purchased a galaxy note 7 as well so I'm stuck in this mess of having to return it and not being able to pre-order it. I don't care about color either, as long as it's a plus i'll be happy.

Same boat. IDK what I'm going to do if I can't get one tomorrow morning. I'm tired of walking around with this ticking time bomb. Already had a 6s+ and s7e so I really don't want another of those.

Vell843

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2011
FWIW the Verizon corporate store in Waldorf, MD said they'll have 50 phones available tomorrow. I didnt get a breakdown of colors/sizes but thats what the sales rep told me.

Sounds like you have a chance to get what you want as long as it's not a JB model. I am stopping by my local VZW here during my lunch break to see if they can at least tell me the models/colors they will have tomorrow.

weesy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Sounds like you have a chance to get what you want as long as it's not a JB model. I am stopping by my local VZW here during my lunch break to see if they can at least tell me the models/colors they will have tomorrow.

Hopefully you can find out. I'm hoping to call my local store tonight and see if they'll at least tell me that they have plus models, thats all I need, a yes or no.

BoricuaHec01

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
I'm going to my local Verizon store at 4am, I was told I shouldn't have a problem getting the Plus if I'm one of the first in line, which wouldn't be a problem. The Jet Black is what may be slim to none but all I want is matte.

Reactions: jbachandouris

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I called two AT&T stores and neither has heard that there would be no 7 pluses available tomorrow. The last rep I talked also told me that even if he knew stock, he couldn't/wouldn't tell me. There's a store 5 minutes from my house. I may try there.

I have an October 4-10 ship date range. So if I can't pick one up tomorrow or the weekend, I'll just have to suck it up and wait.

Bhs1975

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2012
I'm going to try the at&t store in Morehead City NC while im here on vacation. Not expecting much.

weesy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
I called two AT&T stores and neither has heard that there would be no 7 pluses available tomorrow. The last rep I talked also told me that even if he knew stock, he couldn't/wouldn't tell me. There's a store 5 minutes from my house. I may try there.

I have an October 4-10 ship date range. So if I can't pick one up tomorrow or the weekend, I'll just have to suck it up and wait.

Yea everyone who has actually gotten info out of a store rep has been very lucky. I doubt I'll get any info when I call. I also have a store near me, less than 10 minutes maybe. Just wondering how early I should get there?

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Yea everyone who has actually gotten info out of a store rep has been very lucky. I doubt I'll get any info when I call. I also have a store near me, less than 10 minutes maybe. Just wondering how early I should get there?
My guess is at least 2 hours before they open. My store opens at 8, so that would be 6. The kick in the rear is that I could be first in line and find out there are no 7 Pluses at all. It's total crap.

weesy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
My guess is at least 2 hours before they open. My store opens at 8, so that would be 6. The kick in the rear is that I could be first in line and find out there are no 7 Pluses at all. It's total crap.

That's my exact worry. My store opens at 8 too so I'm debating getting there at 5 or 6...

weesy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
I'm 48, so I'm sure I'll be up well before then for a bathroom stop. May as well get up and go to the store. :(

Oh bother. Only 27 here, but not a great sleeper, especially when I'm anxious or excited about something. Odds are I'll be up too. But getting out of bed that early is going to be tough.

cantankerously

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah, that's not the preferred outcome lol. Still though, I'll probably camp out a few hours in front of the Sprint store with a coffee and textbook. That way it won't be a total wash if I end up not getting a phone.

weesy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Yeah, that's not the preferred outcome lol. Still though, I'll probably camp out a few hours in front of the Sprint store with a coffee and textbook. That way it won't be a total wash if I end up not getting a phone.

Anything in particular you're trying to get or you'll be happy with anything? I'm just excited to get this potentially explosive note 7 away from me and get back to the comfortable feel of an iPhone.

SR42

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Man 4am? Im heading out at like 7pm tonight to my ATT store lol
They said they've had people lining up before the store closed last year, so I might as well get there early since I can to assure first in line.

DravenGSX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
They said they've had people lining up before the store closed last year, so I might as well get there early since I can to assure first in line.

What city are you in?

A couple years ago, I lined up at midnight, and was the only person there until about 03:00. ... Incidentally, even first in line, I didn't get the phone I really wanted.

weesy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011

lol I'm all for lining up early, and that's just because I really want a new phone, but I'm definitely not about the whole camp over night situation. If I had someone else to camp and hang out with then maybe lol I've never seen anyone camp at the local store near me so hopefully this won't be the year anyone decides to.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Lol, I actually won't be going to the local AT&T corporate store until either Friday evening or Saturday. That said, I only need an iPhone 7 (regular, not Plus) and any color/capacity combination will work. The phone's for my dad. I was supposed to give him my old iP6 but figured might as well get him the 7 given the current $650 trade-in promo credit. :p

Vell843

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2011
I was at my local VZW store and one of the employees said they did not get any pluses in at all, but they did get "some" 7 models. Now he said he did not know the colors or size as far as GB go. I actually what a 7 in matte/regular black, so the pluses really don't matter to me. I may have to sacrifice what GB (32) I want, hopefully they at least have the color I want, if they have the GB; but not the color I want then that's a red pill/blue pill moment for me I guess.

Reactions: rui no onna
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.