Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
None, I can't stand the feel of metal on my skin, many of my loved ones have them though and they don't bother me at all, they're just not my cup of tea.

I have considered a tongue piercing in the past for practical reasons though the turn off of having metal in my mouth all the time is too great.

Rhosfelt

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2007
I don't want to be raped :(
I am thinking about getting my ears done and I think I want plugs like for lack of a better example ms.gio's bf probably smaller though (I am thinking about the size of a normal bic pen, to start with at least) and I am a little curious.

p.s. someone tell me if i'd look okay in them please? Don't make fun of my picture I've had a rough half of a week (dumped and then shipped back off to college) plus I am breaking out because of the difference of water. :(

Attachments

• Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 67

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
I am thinking about getting my ears done and I think I want plugs like for lack of a better example ms.gio's bf probably smaller though (I am thinking about the size of a normal bic pen, to start with at least) and I am a little curious.

p.s. someone tell me if i'd look okay in them please? Don't make fun of my picture I've had a rough half of a week (dumped and then shipped back off to college) plus I am breaking out because of the difference of water. :(

youll look fine with them

a bic pen is around 6 or 7 mm, which will take you about 6 or so months to get to depending on your body and how you get them pierced, best suggestion is get them done with a needle at 14guage and then stretch them when thats healed

only go 1mm per month, its how ive got mine up to 12mm

pkoch1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Boston
I've got a ring in the side of my lip and both my ears. I'm 16 in my ears but I wanted to go to a 6 or a 4 or so...It's been about 9 months and I never got around to gauging them. Maybe soon!

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
your piercing? don't know that antibiotics are necessary unless its spread.
get some antimicrobial soap, note, NOT antibacterial. use a qtip and some of the soap on it one to twice a day.

check out the aftercare on this site: http://www.chicagopiercing.com
those are the guys that i go to for all my piercings.

yeah my piercing is looking pretty nasty at the moment. Very red and sore

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
I'm sorry for you girl, really hope it get's better soon!

fixed that for you, i used to have my nose pierced but i can t anymore because i do muay thai and grappling everyday and it s just a pain in the butt to have it... and have to take off and on all teh time..

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
fixed that for you, i used to have my nose pierced but i can t anymore because i do muay thai and grappling everyday and it s just a pain in the butt to have it... and have to take off and on all teh time..

Thank you for fixing that :D

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Peircings are so nasty (imo).

Especially those ginormous black things people seem to be putting in these days :eek:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
yeah my piercing is looking pretty nasty at the moment. Very red and sore

i hope its healing. if you're still having problems, feel free to PM me and i'll see what i can find out about helping it heal faster. (if you have anything but stainless steel or titanium in there, get it replaced with one of those two asap, btw.)

Peircings are so nasty (imo).

Especially those ginormous black things people seem to be putting in these days :eek:

huh?

::Lisa::

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2007
Nottingham, UK
I've had a lot pierced in my time. I'm a girl so I'll list what I've had done past and present...

• My earlobes (no earrings but still pierced),
  • All the way up left ear (removed due to infection, wow that was painful!),
  • Upper ear catilidge on left x2 (removed)
  • Upper ear cartilidge on right (removed),
  • Naval (removed during 1st pregnancy after it hurt, reopened and jelwery in),
  • Left Eyebrow (removed),
  • Tongue (still there),
  • That bit in middle of the ear, name escapes me (removed),
  • Labret (removed),
  • Clit hood *cough* yeh (removed after it hurt once I got pregnant *shrug*)

So pretty much only have my Navel, Lobes and Tongue still done now.

goodgod102

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
I used to have 8mm tunnels through both ears but got bored with them. Everyone started stretching there ears and it just got tired. I started stretching my nipple just for the hell of it. Currently at 3.2mm and stretching to 4mm in the next couple of weeks.

jaikob

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2008
Freeland, MI
The first piercing attempt on my left lobe was a complete failure, I tried piercing it with a burnt end sewing needle, pretty much dull as could be (After pain and 2 hours, it broke through) it then got swollen, and infected. Took it out.

I then had my friend re-do it, since he had some hallow needles. Did a splendid job!

Left Lobe at 00 Gauge, pimpin some cool amber plugs. :cool:

vniow

macrumors G4
Jul 18, 2002
I accidentally my whole location.
Just lower left ear (done at a mall in Rhode Island in the fall of 89) and upper right ear cartilage done by Tod Almighty at Staircase in Santa Cruz.

Oooh, he did some of my first ones although I don't think he works there anymore. I've had some recent tattoo work done there as well with more to come in October. Well worth the trip down there just for that.

Anyway, metal/holes in me, past and present:

Present:

Two in nose, ring in left nostril and ruby stud in right
Both nipples done, with 12g rings (by Todd)
Navel with a certain logo epoxied onto the metal
Tongue stud (this one's fun)
Both earlobes

Past:

Industrial in right ear, removed due to X-Ray and was not able to re-insert.
Ring in right cartilage, thing lasted for a day before it got infected. That one ****ing hurt.
Earlobes used to be stretched out to 8g, but the jewellery fell out and I wasn't able to find it in time to keep them from shrinking.

I'd like to get the above redone again sometime soon, priorities however. These are certainly not the last of the holes I'll be putting in my body as I have plans for a couple other metal projects down the line.

ZiggyPastorius

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
Berklee College of Music
I feel so left out...all I have is a 14 guage in my left earlobe :( Wanted my lip pierced, but, I have a terribly low pain threshold, and I wouldn't be able to do it 'til college because of work.

Edit: One time I left my earring out for several weeks, and my ear started to close up, so I forced my 14 guage back through my ear...kind of hurt.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Edit: One time I left my earring out for several weeks, and my ear started to close up, so I forced my 14 guage back through my ear...kind of hurt.

if the hole ever closes up don't force anything through. that just builds scar tissue that you will not be able to get rid of easily, if at all. while 14g isn't terribly big, it can still tear wrong by forcing it through. if it were to close again try 16, if its too small for that get something thats 18. once the 18 fits and is fine, then move slowly to 14 over a couple of weeks. you don't want to damage your skin/tissue.

oh and lip piercings really don't hurt at all. since you have to clean out your mouth with antiseptic and that your mouth is pretty numb when they pierce you. at least if they're fast it will be numb

redwarrior

macrumors 603
Apr 7, 2008
in the Dawg house
So how long does it take for a cartilage pierce (like an industrial) to close up? Is it ok to remove the jewelry for a day or something, if say, you don't want certain people to see it?:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.