Who is getting the new apple wireless keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by cruzrojas, Aug 22, 2007.

1. cruzrojas macrumors member

cruzrojas

The new bluetooth keyboard from Apple looks amazing. Once you start using small (low profile, without number pad) keyboards, and get use to it you don't want to go back to a larger one.

So I'm waiting for this to be available at my local apple store, is anyone else getting this keyboard? did anyone already ordered?

Best Regards

2. ghettochild macrumors regular

I take the (wired) full keyboard over the the new BT any day. Apple's logic behind making a laptop keyboard for desktop computers eludes me.

3. remmy macrumors 6502a

Think it is great, I would really like to buy it but sadly do not have bluetooth on my ibook :(

4. dcv macrumors G3

I want one to replace the horrible Apple Pro wireless keyboard for my iMac G5. I'm just slightly confused about how the function key mappings will work... haven't they moved all the Expose/brightness/volume keys etc around?

5. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

I'm fully onboard as a keyboard for a HTPC setup.

Though don't really see the benefit of losing the numpad for the sake of 2 feet of white cable of a keyboard infront of your imac.

M.

6. richkent72 macrumors regular

As soon as they bring out the new wired keyboard as a wireless I'll order one. The current wireless is too small and I much prefer the number pad to the numbers above the letters for entering figures. Surely Apple could offer both.

7. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

I agree. I always have a laptop keyboard on my MB, and it already is wireless. Why the hell would I want to buy another one?

The Stig

8. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

if it had a number pad I would have ordered already...it just doesn't make sense not to put one in.

9. devman macrumors 65816

devman

ordered mine the day it was announced (with a wired one also). No number pad on the wireless doesn't bother me but I understand it does bother some.

10. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

I love the new wireless, imagine taking that and using it a bit further or on your lap, its like the laptops... if only they lower the price a bit .

11. RMo macrumors 65816

RMo

I am also one of those people who would love a wireless keyboard, but there's no way I am paying $80 for a laptop keyboard--if I wanted one of those, my MacBook already has one, thank you very much.

I think I might try to find the old wireless keyboard on eBay or something, even though I wasn't a huge fan of the feel of the keys. Unless there's a better (full-size) Bluetooth keyboard that works well on Macs...

12. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

I'd order if I didn't already have the old one. Can't justify spending that money just to get rid of the num-pad even if it would be nice (for a Mini posing as HTPC).

13. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

I am eagerly awaiting them to become available. One of my blackbooks is permanently attached to my monitor. Right now I am using the original apple bluetooth keyboard but I find it horrible to use on my lap. The fact that the new one doesn't have that numbers pad is a real plus to me as I never use that part of the keyboard. :apple:

14. cruzrojas thread starter macrumors member

cruzrojas

Can you please let us know when you get your wireless keyboard, I have been in the apple store every other day just to check if they have the keyboard yet.

I'm really excited about this keyboard, but then I read all the negatives (witch happens to come from people who doesn't own the keyboard) and I get depressed.

I have been using this keyboard http://reviews.pricegrabber.com/keyboards/m/5798480/ for the past 2 years, but by now some of the keys are not working anymore. And I really get used to it being so slim and small, and I can recall any time I used the base for any other than charging the keyboard.

15. godslabrat macrumors 6502

I'm hunting for a new wireless KB, and the Apple one is in my top two. $80 is a lot, but so far, it's one one that suits my purposes best. I'd like a number pad, but the lack of one isn't a dealbreaker.

16. devman macrumors 65816

devman

Ok. No sign of it yet. No shipping notification either.

Don't sweat it. These geniuses who are negative on something they've never even seen in real life or used are, of course, running their own multi-billion dollar hardware companies... :rolleyes:

However, some people really like a numeric keypad and for them - fair enough to criticise it.

17. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

I will be getting one as soon as they begin shipping.:eek:

18. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

19. kolax macrumors G3

kolax

Lot easier and faster to type on.

I can't use a normal desktop keyboard now - I hate them. I love the slick, light touch and responsive laptop style keyboards.

I'd love to get the wireless keyboard - but I don't need it since I just use my laptop one.

20. PhilS1121 macrumors newbie

I wasn't going going the get one because I like the extra USB ports on the wired keyboard, but now I understand the wireless one will have as many functioning USB ports as the wired keyboard. :D

21. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

I have ordered the new wireless keyboard (shipping 23rd Sept!!). First of all I thought that I would miss the numeric keypad but after thinking about it I realised that I never use it.

I also have the new wired USB keyboard too and it is so nice to type on. :) My typing has never been so fast. I will give it to my parents once the wireless one arrives.

22. Arantxa macrumors member

I ordered it, but... Yeah, my imac isn't shipping until the 25th.

What is the issue with the keyboards?

23. BigBear8080 macrumors newbie

Yup

For my situation, I have to have it: the iMac will be on another desk and I can envision myself or someone else walking in between and clotheslining their groin on a wired keyboard.

Sept 25th, huh? After waiting for a BT Keyboard that long, what's another couple of weeks wait so that I can get the iMac with Leopard?

I HATE waiting!

24. drater macrumors 6502a

drater

I'll probably test it out in the store. I really like the wired one, but I'm a fan of wireless. I don't do a lot "numbers" things so I understand the part about cutting out the numbers on the side for people like me...but probably not the other people. They should have a made a full one and a short one. But I do a lot of sitting back in my leather chair with my feet up giving my two cents. So the little keyboard might be nice.

25. BennyK macrumors 6502

They look awesome but I could not wait. I was to impatient. I do however, love the corded one so I can only imagine the cordless would be awesome!