Who's Iphone-less? (sold early)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I sold my Iphone 32gb 3GS last night and I miss it terribly. I'll be using my Droid Eris work phone until June 24th but I gotta tell ya this is harder than when I quit smoking cigarettes.

I keep reaching for where I kept my little precious and it isn't there.

I think the good thing here is that I'm REALLY going to appreciate that new Iphone come June 24th. Seriously though, it sucks not having my iPhone. I'll admit it, I was addicted. Now I see what my girlfriend was bitching about when I'm on my phone all the time, I didn't even realize it. lol

2. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

Sold my 3G a couple weeks ago, and it's awful not having the iPhone. It sucks just being able to call and text.

3. scotland007 macrumors regular

I am with you on that one. Sold mine yesterday, been using an old Nokia E61 smartphone on the edge network, talk about *****. I may have to borrow one of the kids ipod Touch to give me a fix ever so often, the wife has already commented if i touch her 3GS she'll cut my hands off.

4. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

Add me to the list. Sold it this morning..

It's worth it though!

5. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

I sold it in May, 3 weeks ago, i felt terrible considering i have to use a 5 year old phone for the next 16 days
    One of the disappointments between these boring and, long days was
    1. The $30/Unlimited Plan was be replaced with the new data palns [unless you had an iPhone already but i already sold mine]
    2. No 64GB Model cause i was hoping for a 32GB at $199, better luck next year
    Once June 15th comes, its gonna fly by faster......i hope
    15 days & ?? Hours seem so far away

6. Libitina macrumors 6502

Libitina

I've been iphone-less since last Friday for the first time since the 3g launch. I think I'm getting a bit jittery now :eek:

7. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

Did you cancel your plan as well? If not, then *I* think you should be fine, since you do have the $30 unlimited data plan just without a phone to use it on.

8. AbjectEvolution macrumors 6502

I'm going to sell my 3GS, but I'm not sure when. If I sell it, will I lose my unlimited data plan? I have an old nokia that is complete crap that would have to last me. I was thinking about selling on the 15th when I can pre-order the new one... that means I would only be waiting 9 days for the iPhone 4.

By the way... how much did all of you sell your 3GS 32g for? What condition was it in and what accessories did you sell with it?

9. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I sold my 3G on eBay on Saturday, and Sent it out yesterday (WWDC day).

I was recommended to go to a place cuz it's rated the best pastrami sandwiches in the city, I thought "I'll look it up when I'm out driving" only to find out later that I didn't have maps......

10. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

No, they canceled when i told them my IMEI number for my old phone

11. tnisatard macrumors 6502

i sold my iphone 3GS a month ago in order to pay for my nexus 1

I liked my nexus one, then after a week it just hit me, i missed my iphone

so i ended up trading my nexus 1 for another iphone back

yes, it was hard! apps suck on android :apple:

12. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Yeah just selling the phone won't do anything to your plan, now if you activate another phone on the line then things may get wonky. My work phone is Verizon so my plan will remain untouched and unlimited when Iphone 4 is released.

Glad to see I'm not alone, now we wait.

:apple:

13. gravityfall macrumors member

I sold my 3Gs on ebay a few days ago and I'm using a very old blackberry just now. I miss checking all of my e-mail accounts at once.

14. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Mint 32gb 3GS with Bodyguardz installed flawlessly and screen protector, box and all cables and 2 cases (Capsule Rebel and Iskin Solo)

450.00 on Craigslist. Listed it on Sunday, sold it on Monday.

I still have about 8 people asking me if it's available, there is a market for these things even with the new phone being released. People don't want to be on contract or just don't want to wait.

15. iPhone3GCrazed macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

My iPhone 3G was stolen all the way back in March so I've been using a Palm Centro for the past 3 months. Luckily, I opted to keep the unlimited plan on it. But it's the worst.

16. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I'd sell my 3G right now but I'd have to use my gf's old pink razr as backup... hahaha noooo thank you!

17. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I had a Verizon Moto Droid for a week. Sent it back (bad experience), just got a email today saying my card is credited back.

Right now I'm on a frickin V3 Razr GoPhone. Can't wait to get back into the game.

18. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

heh Can't say I blame you there, I'd probably keep my Iphone if I was forced to use a pink phone.

:D

:eek:

19. trssho macrumors 6502

Sending mine off today. None too happy! Think I should have found another funding option.

20. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

Well, I can't be without a phone for 3 weeks so I'm going to be using an old phone with my iphone sim card. I don't think this would affect the plan in any way unless I manually delete my data plan.

Or would it? Maybe I should go inside an ATT store and ask.

21. aluren macrumors 65816

How much are you guys getting for your iPhone 3G/3GS?

22. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Not much now considering there's going to be a huge amount of people selling and wanting to upgrade to iP4.

23. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

Add me to the list, sold mine last week before the keynote.

Its almost scary how dependent I became at being able to have any info I want at the tip of my fingers...let alone email, IM, etc....

oh ya, and texting on a dumbphone without qwerty is really annoying lol. Oh well, 16 days to go. :(

24. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

I sold my 16GB 3GS on CL for $300. Included the iPhone dock & sleeve.

25. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Well like I said above I just sold yesterday and got 450.00, that's no chump change. I think for the next couple weeks you should be able to get between 300-500 with no problems.