Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

woody88

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2006
I might as well be. Only reason I added this "case" is to add some grip I suppose.

does it sit on its back perfectly flat? cause the second photo looks like the lens is still protruding out of the case?

thanks in advance for your answers.

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
That ruined my iPod touch 4G 4 years ago. Out it in a case riht after opening and took out a few weeks later and :eek: ! Scratched up! I guess some sand or dirt got in there and the case just rubbed it all around.

Yep. I've seen it many times.

Maaz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2010
Naked iPhone 6 Plus here. Using a leather sleeve from Amazon now until my senna ultra slim leather sleeve ships in mid October.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I've always used a case. Ever since the 3G I always felt the device was to delicate to be carried around all day, everyday, without getting scratches and nicks, much less having it slip from my hand. I had a Otterbox at one time, but generally each year the cases have gotten less bulky as I've tried to capitalize on the thinning designs Apple strives for. With the 5s I used Apple's leather case which I though was the ideal balance of protection vs minimal bulk, and also provided nice grip and style. Unfortunately, only the black version conceals the dirt and wear the leather endures, otherwise I think they look horrible after a relatively short period of time.

This year I'm going to try the silicone version so that I can choose a more vibrant color that should be easy to keep clean. I may later buy a leather one in black or perhaps dark blue to use at times I want a more formal look.

With that all said, when I went to buy one at the Apple Store, they were completely out of cases for the 6. They had ones for the Plus, but ironically they were out of Plus iPhones. Anyways, I really like using the 6 naked. I still worry when I set it down for fear of scratching it, but while using the 6, the rounded edge makes swiping forwards or backwards much much easier and natural feeling. I'm going to hate loosing that aspect of the design when I do put a case on it, but I think I'll feel better knowing its protected from everyday abuse. But that may change, so who knows, I may try using it naked in the wild someday.

Alexander.Of.Oz

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2013
Absolutely rockin' the Emperors New Clothes with mine! :cool:

For those guys saying it's a slippery beast, lay off the moisturiser! :p

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Naked since the 4. These phones are too beautiful to cover, besides I replace mine every year so I am going to enjoy it. Never had an issue and all look pristine when I sell them. :cool:

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
I went with the 5c naked, then the 5s naked and I have no intentions of getting a case for my iPhone 6. The phone is actually too nice feeling in the hand to have a case IMO.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I've had all my iPhones naked since 2008, but the aluminum back worries me. The Apple leather case looks great, so I'll be getting one to use sometimes.

I can't see myself having it in the case 24/7, but maybe it'll be nice to have the option.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
What the heck is 'rocking'?

Oh, I found it. It's what pre-adolecent teens use as a verb to distinguish themselves from others and project 'coolness'. As in 'I be rockin deez shoez'.

TucsonBroker

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Tucson, AZ
I don't use a case. Only a mophie when I go out for a long period of time, but with a better battery life with the 6+ hopefully won't need a mophie. I like the way they design these phones and a case just makes them bulky.

jev425

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Seattle, WA
does it sit on its back perfectly flat? cause the second photo looks like the lens is still protruding out of the case?

thanks in advance for your answers.

No it does not. The case would need to be about .4mm thicker(twice as thick as it is now) for it to be perfectly flat on its back.

Is the color Smooth Black? It doesn't look translucent at all on the Amazon web page.

I added a pic of the back. The color of the case is grey. My phone is grey as well. I would imagine the clear is a bit more translucent if that's what your looking for.

I think you are looking at the spigen thin fit case and not the air skin. I also have the thin fit case and that is smooth black and is not transparent at all

Attachments

• DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    957.9 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:

woody88

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2006
No it does not. The case would need to be about .4mm thicker(twice as thick as it is now) for it to be perfectly flat on its back.

I added a pic of the back. The color of the case is grey. My phone is grey as well. I would imagine the clear is a bit more translucent if that's what your looking for.

I think you are looking at the spigen thin fit case and not the air skin. I also have the thin fit case and that is smooth black and is not transparent at all

Thanks. Wow, I guess that lens does protrude out quite a bit. Essentially the lens is .8mm out. hmmm

MacBreezy

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I'm going right now with no case. So far so good. I have ordered a Spigen case so that when I go to work the phone doesn't get scratched gong in and out of my backpack.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
It's $129 to repair a screen without AppleCare+ and $79 with AppleCare+.

2 repairs without AppleCare+ is $260.
2 repairs with $99 AppleCare+ is $260.

AppleCare+ saves you money if you break anything else.

so that just means apple care+ is such a good deal. for relatively 'free', you get additional coverage for everything else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.