Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zweigand

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Really? Care to share that service and how you put it together?

As an aside, the problem with uninstalling flash from the system is that I can't use the Hulu desktop app or any other 3rd party apps (like RSS readers) that rely on Flash for content. I could keep flash installed, but then I'd need to have Click2Flash installed on Safari, and I'm not sure the extensions weren't the culprit for my problems with Safari.
1. Here's the service… Download
2. Unzip and open it in Automator, then save it as a service (or just put it in ~user/Library/Services)
3. Open System Prefs > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts …select "Services" on the left, find the new service on the right, then assign a global keyboard shortcut to it.
4. Test it out in Safari to make sure it works.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
1. Here's the service… Download
2. Unzip and open it in Automator, then save it as a service (or just put it in ~user/Library/Services)
3. Open System Prefs > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts …select "Services" on the left, find the new service on the right, then assign a global keyboard shortcut to it.
4. Test it out in Safari to make sure it works.

Thanks; I checked in Automator to try to make one, and I didn't realize it was made out of an Apple Script. Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.