Why do people keep saying X is beta?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Nov 9, 2017.

1. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502a

Are you not getting headaches from the PWM flickering ? Are you not sensitive to it ?

2. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

Not sure what you mean? But nah, the display isn't problematic at all to me/giving me headaches.

I do see some flicker on random elements in the transparent portions of lock screen, here and there, and occasional oddity but in content it doesn't do anything like that and its not that often. and not on web content. it must be software something as far as I think. not worried about it.

im in awe of it, (the display)

the other thing is tho this is the first OLED display in an iPhone, Samsung is not just now making OLED panels. they've been in the game sometime and they're the only ones that know how to make quality ones so...

that coupled w apple calibration, assuming u win the inherent panel lottery, is outstanding.

3. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502a

More info and video here.
    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/eye-strain

More info and video here:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/eye-strain-migraine-while-using-iphone-x.2085427/

4. enfield macrumors newbie

I used my 6 for 3 years & will now use my 8 Plus till 2020. Hopefully, I will never have an iPhone with a notch! I would have bought an iPhone X if they let the top go black & just display the signal strength etc.

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

A jailbreak and jailbreak tweak will fix that right on up in due time ;)

6. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

For me the phone has a lot of software issues have not ran into any hardware issues yet.

Yesterday the screen was stuck on the volume icon only way to get rid of it was a hard reset. Noticed sometimes a lag when scrolling up and down especially in the Yelp app. Also few days ago when I was going in the home screen the top icons (time, signal strength, wifi,battery icon) were all blank couldnt get the phone to display the info had to power off and on device. I might have got a defective phone though.

I also set up iPhone as new every year and manually install apps and sync music and stuff just.

Currently on ios 11.1.1

7. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

8. Melinn macrumors newbie

I'm coming from an old iphone 5 and I got an iphone x being very sure I was gonna be a "test user" for their new generation iphone. I hoped and still hope there will not be too many problems. So far the speaker problem is driving me insane! And also how the screen gets all black and locks down when I do phone calls. And this scrren problem when its cold. I don't feel safe, but I hope Apple will do their best to make us feel safe and happy

9. IowaLynn macrumors 6502a

IowaLynn

Every build until the last I'd say has imperfections. And the first 6 months after a release for iOS. Mac IS X same story, whether 10.3.0 or 10.8.

My 6S Plus should have shipped with iOS 9.3 at least. So I waited to buy, but then iOS wanted to import from my other phone that was on 9.2.1 and could not. Step one: update the OS. Step 2 import. That phone ran better on iOS 10, too.

Apple hasn't a chance to test, debug and optimize iOS on hardware that is prototype at best. And will need production testing and revisions to chips and parts.

Use to joke back in OS X about using iOS team and the iosification of OS X. A desktop looking for a new identity. Maybe they needed the OS X team's expertise and experience. MacOS betas has been mature and stable for the most part once a couple months if betas have been put down.

10. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G3

thadoggfather

What is “the speaker problem”?

11. Melinn macrumors newbie

How can you have missed it?! :p https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-x-crackle-speakers.2084292/page-8#post-25449483
    --- Post Merged, Nov 11, 2017 ---
    Ok interesting to read this stuff! My iphone 5 was 2 years old when I got it from my brother who switched to Sony experia. And I have not noticed any ios problems with it. When I got my Iphone X, I had used the iphone 5 on ios 8 for 2 years! Never had any problems with it, what I know of!

It does not feel all that good having to be a tester for X. But it is what is is, better just go with the flow :)

12. kirk.vino macrumors member

It’s probably their most wholesome iPhone ever!
    Saying that it’s beta put any other iPhone in a pre-bear category then LOL