Why do people want a White iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wptarcher, Oct 24, 2010.

1. wptarcher macrumors newbie

Why do people want a White iPhone? I see the white and black iPhone 4 on the Apple Store's site, and the black one looks a lot better. Frankly, I would've been annoyed if the Black iPhone was the one being delayed.

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

We live on a planet where people have preferences.

Some people enjoy pizza with just cheese. Others might enjoy olives or maybe even mushrooms!

Is your mind blown yet?

3. wptarcher thread starter macrumors newbie

Totally. :rolleyes:

4. fahad2mail macrumors newbie

i have white one. and i had black one. i like the white one most. and in future i will buy white one too.........:D

5. exemos macrumors member

If Apple thinks we're not ready for the white iPhone 4, then we're not ready.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I can't argue as to why people want a white iPhone, but with that being said, I (personally) believe [from photos] that black looks much better. I would get a black one over the white, at least.

When it the 3G and 3GS days, I liked white better, but now I can't stand that white front.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Cuz steveo said there'd be white and dammit people want the choice!

8. csjo00 macrumors regular

9. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

10. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Because they can't have one, pure and simple. People always want what they can't have. :D

11. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I'm quite the opposite of you, I think the white looks so much better than the black. I just don't like the black iPhone. Never did.

12. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

:D Hilarious.

13. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

I think both black and white are pretty cool. I have a black one now, but if I'd had the choice I's have bought a white one.
    In any case, it's a matter of personal preference, not an argument "which color is nicer".

14. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

If people like white better, I can understand being a little annoyed. I don't understand why anyone would be waiting this long, though. The iPhone 4 is way too good of an update from the 3GS to be missing these features for this long just because you want a different color.

Besides, the white iPhone 4 is absolutely hideous. :D

15. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

I disagree the iP4 looks better in white, I would have got it if it was available. now I just have the black iP4 with an white case

16. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

Good News- We are Borg and have singular consciousness. Steve decided for us. Resistance is futile.

More Good News - Steve decided that we like driving green Ford Pinto's too. :apple:

17. DeathProof macrumors member

DeathProof

Some people are not happy with just regular cheese. They want to find more ways of stuffing cheese into the pizza. They want more, MORE.....

18. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

I had two black iPhones before so I was going to order the white iPhone 4 for a change but didn't get too because of the delay so now I going to wait until Verizon gets the iPhone and if white isn't available still will get the black one with them.

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Personally, I would like a white back while maintaing a black front, like the 3g/3gs variants. The reason being the screen looks so much better with a dark border than a light one.

20. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Fully agreed (on everything you said).

And I agree with OP, but you know, some people are just weird ;).

Though, come to think of it if it was the other way around (the white one was available and the black one wasn't), I'm not sure I could get myself to get a white one (cause I agree with OP and guy I quoted, the white one is hideous imho). Actually, I'd probably wait a month, give up, and cover the white one with some sort of skin from iskinit.com. I think I could get over the horrid color with some customization of my own ;).

Ah well, I don't have to worry about it, the color I like was the one that came out (nyah nyah)

Oh, and I definitely agree with the poster above me, screens look much better framed in a dark color.

21. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

why do people love supermodels? when something is not available it becomes something people really want.:cool:

It has some nice extra features, but it's not 'too good of an update from the 3GS', now, from the 3G to the iPhone 4 I would say is too good to pass, but the 3GS to iPhone 4 not so much...

22. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

I think the white iPhone looks as ugly as crap from the front but when you look at the backside it's almost as beautiful as the black one. I still like the black one a lot more though!

23. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

Because practically every other piece of electronics I own is white so I may as well keep the trend a-goin'.

[​IMG]

I actually have a White PSP Go now as well so I really need to retake the picture above.

[​IMG]

24. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

25. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Choice, that simple. Give people a choice, and many will take it. Steve having said that there will be a white iPhone has made many wait for it.

Also, I kind of think of it as the white iPhone being T-Mobile's (US T-Mo) iPhone when AT&T looses exclusivity. Highly doubt CDMA iPhone will ever occur, dead tech.