Why do you NEED the iPhone 4S the day is Comes OUT?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raris, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Raris macrumors member

Okay, So I see a lot of threads on here like omg I am not going to get my iPhone 7-14 days, and like everyone has to go out and wait in lines to get the iPhone 4S on Oct 14?

So why is that you have it the day it comes out!? It's not like you don't have an iPhone already.

2. Pooshka macrumors 65816

3. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

It's fun to get excited about little things. Really, is it that big of a deal to you that folks get excited about this stuff?

4. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

5. Captain America macrumors 6502

Because I don't have one. I sold mine. And I hate this damn dumbphone I'm using. But of course I'm not getting it on Friday.

6. Mr D macrumors 6502

I don't need it the day it comes out. But I want it the day it comes out. I've been programmed to think like this because society says that people who have it first are cooler and carry more legitimacy and swag.

Nah, but seriously, it's not really necessary. The only problem here is, if you don't get it on the 1st day you might have to wait an extended period of time.

It's not like, if you don't get it the first day you can get it the 2nd or 3rd day.

7. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

Because it's what we do. :p (No, I'm not getting it the first day it comes out)

8. aluren macrumors 65816

Who doesn't want to get the stuff they bought ASAP? That's basically what you're asking right?

9. Jdstew1234 macrumors regular

Nobody said they need one, they, and I, have paid money for a product, and we are excited to get it. What I want to know is why does this bother you enough to start a thread criticizing us?

10. jjlannoo Suspended

I agree Its fun to get excited and forget troubles for a bit.

Don't be a debbie downer! lol

11. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

12. 2010RS macrumors 6502

I don't. I've waited 15 months. A few more days won't kill anyone.

13. Mr.C macrumors 601

Why would you assume everyone here already has an iPhone. Even if they did what's that got to do with it. That said it is annoying people complaining all the time that because they preordered it they are entitled to get it on launch day or before. There is nothing wrong though on wanting the phone at launch and not waiting to get it later sometime.

14. steve dave macrumors 6502a

because I want it, I don't need it. it is something that I will enjoy so I am willing to invest a certain amount of time and money for that privilege of enjoying it as soon as possible. good enough?

15. destroyboredom macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Because I bought my iPhone over 3.5 years ago and I'm anxious to upgrade.

16. Annerz macrumors regular

17. batting1000 macrumors 604

Do I need a microfiber cloth to clean the device and hand sanitizer for the Apple employees hands so he doesn't get smudges or bacteria on my iPhone??????

18. Mugambo macrumors 6502

Mugambo

Because................

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID.

19. nickyno macrumors newbie

I need it because I smashed the **** out of my Droid Incredible. Simple as that.

20. ajcadoo macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

I would understand if this was the iPhone 5, but a 4S?! Come on people. You dont need to have a spec bump on day one. The only reason you should want it on Day One is to show it off to everyone you know proclaiming, "I got the Newest iPhone on DAY ONE!!!"

But hey, guess what? The 4S looks identical to the 4. I feel bad for those getting a 4S on Friday, becuase next summer they will be deep into a contract when the ALL-NEW iPhone 5 is released. Sucks for you guys. Welcome to the iPhone "S" release cycle. It sucks and you will dread being on the bandwagon in about a year! :cool:

21. Annerz macrumors regular

iKlear

22. HuggyLowDown macrumors regular

HuggyLowDown

Uh yeah, I don't have an iPhone already... so I'm gonna get it on the first day it comes out. You can't assume everyone on this site has an iPhone already. :rolleyes:

23. steve dave macrumors 6502a

nope, I'll be doing the same thing when the 5 comes out. I feel bad for you because you can't understand that some people like different things than you and that doesn't make them stupid. If people feel like it is enough of an upgrade to be worth their money, then shut the hell up about it.

24. MacBootyDaddy macrumors newbie

I need it on launch day because I already sold my iPhone 4 and my prepaid balance ran out today. I don't wanna add another $30 for a month of service if I can get my new phone on Friday.

25. iRebound macrumors regular