Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX
I like the gold color. I currently have a gold 5S and was torn between gold and black with the 6+. Ended up ordering black to switch it up a bit.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
So many people hated the gold the moment it came out. They thought it was too flashy and thought people only bought it to show off. I like to keep an open mind and not judge people based on their phone color. I think people just don't like the gold iphone 6/6+ because of the bands. They don't even match. Now if they matched, it would look better. Also the bands just look odd in general. If it was just two straight bands across, it would look fine. But there are curved bands at the top and bottom. I ended up getting the gold anyway since I wanted something new.

I feel like people are so easily influenced by other people's opinions. Every single person on this forum could hate gold, but I'd still get it. I don't care about a random person's opinion because it's nothing but an opinion.

Last edited:

InternetDude08

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2009
I don't hate the gold. I have a gold iPhone 5S and it really isn't gold colored, it's more of a champagne color. I have pre-ordered a gold 6.

Personally I find the gray and black, and silver to be way too bland. My 5 was silver, ugh. Black is just too over-done, it doesn't look that good IMHO.

oldwren

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2012
I like the gold 6. Actually, I really love the white bands on the gold 6 and wish the bands on the silver one were white too.

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
I thought it was tacky at first BUT I swapped my silver 5s for a gold. Really liked it ever since. Ordered the gold 6 this time around.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
I've noticed that it seems no one on the forum likes the gold iPhone 6/6+ and I just wondered why, when it was so popular last year. I've actually bought the gold 6+ and all the hate is making me doubt my decision :D I understand that black is very nice but gold doesn't look ugly to me!

I hated it so much I replaced my white 5 with the gold 6.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I love the gold. In fact, it's the only one of the 3 colors that I like at all.

I like the black and gold more than the silver in terms of the look of it but that didn't stop me from getting the Silver phone because I am a Silver person. I know in the long run Silver is my favorite.

mtneer

macrumors 68040
Sep 15, 2012
It's not the gold that is off putting - it's the light gold paired with white that does not work for me.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Gold in 5S was gorgeous.

Gold in 6 is just tacky.

I don't think so. I quite like it...especially with the pronounced white bands going around all of the phones. It's probably the best looking of the three phones IMO.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
I'm not a fan of real gold, however Ive saw many gold iPhone 5S's in person and it's not the same as the real gold colour. Even the pictures of it seem to emphasise the gold a lot, but in person it's a lot more subtle.

I liked the look of the gold iPhone 5S so much that I ordered a gold iPhone 6.

To those thinking about the gold option, don't worry it's not as brash as the pictures on Apple's website show.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
I was torn between gold and space gray... Only reason I went with space gray is because my 5s is gold and I need a change from the white face. Other than that I would've bought it

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
I love my gold iPhone 5S, but for some reason I don't like the gold this time around.

I think it's the white antennae breaks that are off-putting.

Personally I don't see why they couldn't have filled the breaks with exactly the same colour on each phone making it seamless.

Isn't there a way to make plastic glittery without use of metallics that would degrade reception?

I'm sure glass or mica would have given the effect of aluminum.

*shrug*

bigthanbigger

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
you guy wrong , gold look the best ,, second silver , last space

watch ...........

2573990_iPhone_6_gia-9.jpg

2573991_iPhone_6_gia-10.jpg

2574002_iPhone_6_iPhone_5s-5.jpg

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I've noticed that it seems no one on the forum likes the gold iPhone 6/6+ and I just wondered why, when it was so popular last year. I've actually bought the gold 6+ and all the hate is making me doubt my decision :D I understand that black is very nice but gold doesn't look ugly to me!

Gold? Really? Ewwww.

Black is where it's at.

Kaylor

Contributor
Oct 18, 2011
Long Island, NY/Houston, TX
It's not the gold that is off putting - it's the light gold paired with white that does not work for me.

The gold 5s had GIANT white panels on the back.. some people are fine with that but for some reason can't swallow some white lines on the back of the gold 6. I'm not criticizing you personally because you didn't specify that you only hate it on the 6, it's just a mentality I don't understand from some people. I don't see how all of the sudden white and gold together is ugly to some people. I'm going to assume you didn't like the gold 5s either. I actually think the white panels on the gold 5s look more out of place than the white antenna bands on the gold 6.

From the very first leak I didn't think the antenna bands looked bad on the gold. However, gold isn't for me. I don't wear any gold jewelry (on the rare occasion that I wear any jewelry at all) and just don't like how gold looks in general. My 5 is silver and my 6 will most likely be silver as well.

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
I'm not sure if people hate the gold, but the 5S gold does look better than the 6 gold. The 6 gold....has too much gold and the white antenna breaks doesn't blend in very well.

The 5S has white glass panels, which lessen the amount of gold color and blends in with the phone better than the white lines on the 6.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
Gold? You mean beige. ;)

The 6 looks more gold than previously.

I'm not crazy about it for the same reason I don't drive a beige Camry. It looks like it's for old people, and doesn't match anything that I have. I just think it's tacky on a phone, although I preferred the 5S "gold" to the 6.

But I'm glad that you have the option to choose gold/beige if that's something that you like. :cool:

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
The photos have always looked more good than the gold you get in real life. I wouldn't be worried about it being too gold.

Iphoneguy20

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2014
I got a gold 6 this year because my iphone 5 is black so I wanted a change and the silver doesn't look bad but I want my phone to stand out a little more and I don't want to have the same looking phone as everyone else so I went with gold. I can't wait till it gets here Friday !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.