Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

richardbb85

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2009
If Apple sold jackets with buttons that constantly came undone I am sure they'd receive the same kind of defense from their die-hard fans.

But the fact is that with the massive profits the company makes on luxury items, they could easily employ a thousand beta testers working around the clock in all time zones. There's no excuse for releasing such buggy firmware.

Two weeks of decent home and office use by Apple staff would have shown up most of the bugs I have encountered.

apple fanbois r amazing

xfusejc

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2006
My Safari crashes at least once a day. Full-on crash, takes me back to the home screen without reloading any of the tabs I had open.

Yesterday for the first time, it restarted by itself while I was making a phone call and there was a BLUE SCREEN right before it popped up with the Apple logo. I laughed.

Htin

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2013
no idea how you guys are having so many problems... had none... been using for 2 months now

sammy-boy

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2013
Staffordshire, UK
Me three! Has very few crashes since updating - what so you do to have so many crashes? I get the occasional one but usually it's app-specific and gets sorted with an app update.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Thanks for the tip, but after doing exactly as stated my iPad Air still crashes in Safari. Guess I can exchange it, but it sounds like when people exchange they continue to have the same issue. This thread shows that it is an Apple issue and the chance of getting one that does not crash is very remote.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5397323?start=0&tstart=0

Wish Apple would just acknowledge the issue and say they will have a fix, which would stop so many unnecessary returns and exchanges. Chances of them acknowledging that are very remote though.

So much barking.. so many wrong trees.

Check my iCloud post above, and/or get a replacement. Even restoring to factory does not fix corrupt iCloud data.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
So far, I have counted c.21 posts on this thread reporting no problems with iOS 7.

Does that indicate that these people, myself included, are lucky enough to have a special bug-free version of the iOS installed on their 'phones? Or does it show that they are using their 'phones in a different way to the other unfortunates? No of course not! It just goes to show that there must be very little wrong with iOS 7.

In my opinion, the most likely reason for these "problems" is something that has subsequently been downloaded. Is it an App that maybe is incompatible with iOS 7 or perhaps a fragment of code left behind after an App has been deleted? This could explain why people who have resorted to a clean restore have found that problems have disappeared.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
My posts have been about the iPad Air. Also, Apple performed a clean restore and still have daily crashes, like many other people with the air.

So far, I have counted c.21 posts on this thread reporting no problems with iOS 7.

Does that indicate that these people, myself included, are lucky enough to have a special bug-free version of the iOS installed on their 'phones? Or does it show that they are using their 'phones in a different way to the other unfortunates? No of course not! It just goes to show that there must be very little wrong with iOS 7.

In my opinion, the most likely reason for these "problems" is something that has subsequently been downloaded. Is it an App that maybe is incompatible with iOS 7 or perhaps a fragment of code left behind after an App has been deleted? This could explain why people who have resorted to a clean restore have found that problems have disappeared.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
For those that had ZERO issues goto settings > about > diagnostics and usage > diagnostic and usage data, scroll down to the L's (it's in alphabetical order) and post a screen shot.

If you have ZERO problems there won't be anything there. More then likely it will look like this.

ape8epen.jpg

Lol it's funny because every time I ask this no one with zero problems responds.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
My posts have been about the iPad Air. Also, Apple performed a clean restore and still have daily crashes, like many other people with the air.

My mistake. I should of course included the iPad in my post. We have three iPads in our family, all installed with the special bug/crash-free iOS 7.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
For those that had ZERO issues goto settings > about > diagnostics and usage > diagnostic and usage data, scroll down to the L's (it's in alphabetical order) and post a screen shot.

Lol it's funny because every time I ask this no one with zero problems responds.

Well, here you are!

Attachments

• What no Data!.jpg
    What no Data!.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 70

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Well, here you are!

LOL.

When I asked for that I meant it to people that weren't going to clear the data or had a problem with their phone.

Diagnostics doesn't just report crashes. There should be data collected in there for normal use.

:rolleyes:

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Lol it's funny because every time I ask this no one with zero problems responds

and.......

When I asked for that I meant it to people that weren't going to clear the data or had a problem with their phone.

Pardon?!

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Why does iOS 7 crash so much?

Tech support 101: If everyone is having the same issue, then it is a system, network or hardware issue. If some people are having issues and others aren't then it is a network, hardware or user caused problem.

In the case of an OS or a PC or Mobile device; everyone uses their equipment differently. Thus it is unreasonable to lay a blanket blame on the OS or Hardware in general. In order to do so, every owner would need identical setups to make such a claim valid.

CB1234

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Tech support 101: If everyone is having the same issue, then it is a system, network or hardware issue. If some people are having issues and others aren't then it is a network, hardware or user caused problem.

In the case of an OS or a PC or Mobile device; everyone uses their equipment differently. Thus it is unreasonable to lay a blanket blame on the OS or Hardware in general. In order to do so, every owner would need identical setups to make such a claim valid.

But, but, but why let a good moan and a whinge get in a way of facts, that out of over 300 million iOS 7 users a handful claim how rubbish the software is...

Of course it must be the fanboys.....

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

If you have no diag or USAGE data you either cleared it or you have a problem with the phone not collecting the data (unlikely).

I want to see a pic of someone who hasn't sabotaged the pic or it isn't showing up for whatever reason.

imejh

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2013
I want to see a pic of someone who hasn't sabotaged the pic or it isn't showing up for whatever reason.

iPhone 5, iPod touch 5, and iPad air. I had Safari crash once on the iPad and that's been my only issue using iOS 7 on any of my devices.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    226.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    89.2 KB · Views: 78

imejh

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2013
iPhone did not upload on previous post.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    90.9 KB · Views: 76

atlatnesiti

Suspended
Sep 4, 2008
Sydney, Australia
iPhone 5, iPod touch 5, and iPad air. I had Safari crash once on the iPad and that's been my only issue using iOS 7 on any of my devices.
Same here... iOS 7 doesn't crash, apps do, especially the crappy ones that haven't been updated to iOS 7.
Hey guys, complain to devs of third party apps and stop blaming Apple for every crash you get...

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Same here... iOS 7 doesn't crash, apps do, especially the crappy ones that haven't been updated to iOS 7.
Hey guys, complain to devs of third party apps and stop blaming Apple for every crash you get...
So every once in a while when the whole OS resprings when you try to bring down notification center or when you try to get to multitasking...that's not the OS crashing? Right.

----------

i have not had any problems with mine crashing on my iMac or iPad
Who knew that iOS doesn't crash on an iMac?!

richardbb85

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2009

my air crashed last time i rotated the screen, go figure :rolleyes:

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
If you have no diag or USAGE data you either cleared it or you have a problem with the phone not collecting the data (unlikely).

Sorry, but you've proved my original point with a pathetic insinuation that I've "sabotaged the pic" or have a fault with my 'phone! Well, well, well! I rest my case!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.