Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBought

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
If it really is this bad and it is a software thing, than i will get fixed. People love to whine about anything. It's sad to read grown adults acting like babies over such a small issue.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I'm on a 4S and it's not terrible.

Spotlight search is laggy and so is the message app. Apps I use a lot like tapatalk and Facebook are pretty smooth. Multi tasking seems ok to me.

The lag I'm noticing is not just animations. It's noticeably jerky/stuttery.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
On iOS 6 with my 4S, I can swipe the home screen after unlocking while the icons are still flying in.

There is still delay when multi tasking though, but it's considerably shorter than in the video.

I was so excited for iOS 7 but it seems pretty incomplete, and apple killed my poor 3GS with a major iOS release. If only you could go back to the previous version after updating if you get issues.

MA-86

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2013
What lag??? ios7 feels so smooth and modern! It's like I have got a new phone now! It's super fast and fluid where is needed!

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
Are animations faster than iOS6? I use FakeClockUp on my jailbroken 4S to speed up animations and really don't want to go to slow ones

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I like small transitions and animations, they give it a more mature feel than just blinking information on the screen, so I don't consider it no reason.
That's good. And for others it's just as valid not to like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

darkgoob

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2008
To op:

I have been reporting this issue to Apple's bug reporter ever since beta 1 was released. I sent them videos similar to yours.

I can only conclude that Apple knew about this flaw but did not care, or decided it would be fixed later, maybe in 7.1. I suspect the problem has very deep roots in the OS and will take some real "doing" to fix.

I can say that after awhile you kinda get used to it and it's not as annoying as at first. But they still need to fix it; it's very non-iOS-like.

bitfidelity

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2012
The lag is definitely there. It feels like Android now.

The pinch to home screen animation is also DISGUSTING. Who the hell actually thought it would be a good idea to show a blown up, pixelated version of your icons during the animation?

Ram27

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
It's terribly noticable for me when unlocking directly to the music app.

I usually want to do that quickly to change a song or album or something, but it lags for two seconds before I can tap the back arrow or scroll. Ugh.

darkgoob

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2008
There are enough really awesome new APIs in iOS 7 that will enable tons of cool new apps to be made that I am willing to accept a small bit of extra UI lag, just like I was willing to accept a less speedy interface when I upgraded my IIfx from System 6 to System 7.

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
I guess I'm not fast enough for it to be an issue for me. Never been in a situation where I've needed to unlock my phone and open an app in less than a second.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.