Will the next Apple event be the most anticipated one since 2007?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Muro, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Muro macrumors 6502

iPhone or no iPhone, the next Apple event will be the most anticipated one and watched since 2007 is my guess. And mostly due to all of this iPhone 5 crazyness ofcourse there is more to come out from Apple but the expectations of the iPhone beats eveything.

What are your expectations folks? If till then no single leak will come out, will you be happy with some minor adjustments or do you demand awesomeness after all of this waiting?

2. ogremoustro macrumors 6502a

ogremoustro

In my opinion it will.

3. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

4. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I believe this will be one of the most anticipated events. If the rumors are true, then the iPhone 5 will truly be the biggest step from the original. It's too bad they used that to label the iPhone 4, as i feel that the iPhone 5 would be more fitting of such label. But i guess they had to call the iPhone 4 something, unfortunately it's become Apple's worst iPhone yet.

So yes, this one will be the big.

5. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I think they are doing it this way because of the leak last year. Not giving us any type of hint. like last year we saw the phone before the announcement this year they locked it up so no one knows anything.

I don't think the iPhone 4 was their worst iphone more like their best.

6. nicksmolenski macrumors regular

nicksmolenski

i'm pretty excited about ios 5 as well. ever since the keynote i've been itching to get my hands on the new features.

as for the most anticipated, they're all exciting to me. new keynotes = :D

7. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

It's at LEAST 3rd place after the first iPhone and the first iPad events.

I had lots of non-techy people ask me about those right before they happened. But the iPhone 5? It's getting no more attention from those people than any other iPhone update.

"When's the next iPhone coming out? Oh, the fall? Yeah, I'll probably replace my 3GS after Christmas." <<< Typical conversation.

So, they ask, but they certainly don't care all that much, nor do they ask me ANY details about what the next iPhone will have. All they care about is that their phone is getting old, they're thinking of updating it, but they don't want to buy one right before a new one comes out.

That's pretty much it. I wouldn't call that "high anticipation." *

* By Apple standards, that is. Sure, it'll be a huge event compared to anything Dell's ever done, but compared to other Apple events I think it ranks fairly low on the 'top-5' list.

8. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Don't know about anticipation but as Jobs gets sicker and sicker the events will get more and more press coverage.
    The international press almost didn't cover the WWDC this year because Jobs was on medical leave and it was announced that there'd be no new hardware.
    Then Apple announced that Jobs would be giving the keynote and they all came flooding back to see exactly how sick (or not) he looked.

9. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

I hate waiting so every event is agony for me

10. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

I don't know if I should thumbs up this because it's the truth, or thumbs down it because it's the sad truth.

11. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

I think it will be highly anticipated since there was no iPhone release this summer like usual. Leads to ideas that Apple has something big in store :apple:

12. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I completely agree with this post. The people not in the tech loop don't care as much about this update. However us on MacRumours care quite a bit.

13. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Apple is making it the most anticipated event of the year with this long delay. They really better have something special to show other than an updated iPhone 4 or they're going to look a bit foolish.

14. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

By how good the standing ovation is.

15. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

There's another possibility: The iphone 5 is going to be an updated iPhone 4, so it's outward appearance is exactly the same as the iPhone 4. No need to hide it in a protective shell or keep it secret.

..hope this ain't the case, but it's certainly a possibility, if not a probability.

16. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Couldn't have said it better myself. :)

17. tigress666 macrumors 68040

Yeah, I'd say from my experiences the 3G would get that title (and I loved my 3G but it slowed down seriously and at the 2nd year Apple didn't even support most of the new features with it the processor was so outdated <- I believe that at least was part of it rather than Apple forcing you to upgrade as they are fully supporting the 3Gs with iOS 5 and it wouldn't be supported much well if they followed the same pattern).

I fear the 4 though maybe the same way as it wasn't much of a processor upgrade from the 3Gs (though the 3G got the same processor as the original iPhone so it didn't even get a step up).

18. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

In my mind, yes it will be.

We are a few weeks away from the event and yet we still know hardly anything about the iPhone 5.

WWDC 2010 wasn't as anticipating in comparison because most of us on here knew what the iPhone 4 looked like thanks to the leaks way before the event.

iOS5 is also one of the biggest leaps forwards we have seen with iOS, so that tied in with the next iPhone will make this something i very much look forward to.

19. iEnvy, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011

iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

[​IMG]
    I could [not:p] care less about the hype...Apple already knows whats going to happen.

20. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Best-selling, yes.

21. davie18 macrumors regular

Best iphone, too.

22. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

It's the 3G to 3GS for me. iPhone 4 was te biggest. Not sure what else they can do hardware wise except bigger screens and speed. Two things that really don't care about.

23. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

I disagree.
    I would take an iPhone 3GS, with LED flash and Retina Display, than the iPhone 4's design.

:rolleyes:

If the latest rumours are true, then you're in for a nice surprise.

I guess we'll find out in about a month right?

24. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

This I don't get.
    I've been beta-testing iOS5 and to me it's just a refinement of the notification system and a few extras like WiFi syncing and cloud backup.
    What exactly is this big leap that so many are excited about?

25. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

It's "highly anticipated" because it's the first iPhone to come off the yearly refresh cycle. Naturally, people were expecting an upgrade 2 months ago and when not even a single word of a new iPhone has been mentioned by Apple since last June... people are going to start talking.

I love my iPhone 4, but it's hard to call it the BEST iPhone, because it's simply just "newer" and it's hard to judge compared to the available technology in the previous year from other competitors.

If Apple keeps inline with the rumors we've all been hearing for months, this iPhone will be the biggest leap since the original. I don't think we'll be disappointed and people with their 3GS still will be glad they waited.