Will you put your iPhone 4 in a case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Jun 10, 2010.

?

Are you going to put your iPhone 4 in a case?

1. Yes

46.8%
  2. No

36.9%
  3. Just an Invisible Shield, Ghost Armor, etc.

16.3%
  1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I feel like the design is too nice to be put in a case this time around. I'm hoping it really is more durable and less scratch prone. Will you be going case-less this time around?

2. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

the only case i will put it in , is the iSkin protective case when it comes out :). Love there products:D

3. iPhone3GCrazed macrumors 6502

iPhone3GCrazed

Probably not... at most maybe a bumper, even though they are grossly overpriced. But then again I would have to see how sturdy it feels when I actually hold it. I may change my mind.

4. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I most likely will, but nothing's 100%. One of the main criteria will be being able to find a case I love, like the equivalent of the Incipio NGP for the 3GS. They have a "matte" (opaque) NGP, but the translucent one isn't on their website. I so hope they produce one.

5. Built macrumors 68020

Yes...hopefully Contour will come out with a Black Polycarb case...Those things are virtually indestructible.

6. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I've dropped my 3GS once. It was in a case. I'm too afraid something will happen if I don't have a case on it if I drop it.

7. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I won't risk it... I'm so clumsy. I'm getting the Case-Mate ID case (the same one I have now, wallet and phone in one!)... with Ghost Armor front. :D

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

My 3G did fine without a case. Sure I cracked it once and had to pay to have the back replaced, but having to do that once is still better than a case. I mean, 1 crack after 23 months? Hardly a huge problem.

And for the record, that was 1 crack out of 4 or 5 "pretty bad" falls. The majority of my drops were consequence-free.

And that was the 3G. This new one looks way tougher.

9. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

At most I will put the bumper and an invisible shield but I doubt I even do that.

10. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

11. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

12. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

I completely agree. This test is biased since it's not the actual product.

Anyway OP, yes, I'll be buying a transparent case for my iPhone.

13. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

I've decided on a 32gb White (to match my MacBook). And by the contrast euphoria that comes from the bumper on white, Im going with yes.

I saw my ex shatter her GS when running from a storm and it was just painful.
    Now the only time I go naked is once in a while at home in the living room. With the phone that is.

I'll prolly get a bumper to start, and pick up some poly-carb along the way. If i can get ATT to put on an screen protector then that too (can never get it so it doesnt show bubbles)

I really have a feeling this I4 will suffice for 2 years, where the 3G and GS left me wanting to much more. I can't think of anything I would need to upgrade for in a year. Then again I probably said similar comments when buying those phones.. haha..

Blonde Buddhist

14. Resist macrumors 68030

One thing to remember is that now both sides of the iPhone are glass. So now if you drop it you can get cracking on the back as well as the front.

15. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

I'm going for the minimal, just like with my 3G. I'll get an anti-glare film for the front (screen) and an Incipio Feather case for the back. Perfect combination IMO :cool:

16. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

17. vmagg88 macrumors member

vmagg88

I will be. Hopefully OtterBox comes out with one. I just like to have the phone clipped to my belt. I keep too much on me for it to be in my pockets.

18. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Already ordered Invisible Shield (max) and I might get a bumper case. :rolleyes:

19. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

20. doegerle macrumors newbie

Strongly considering a white iPhone 4 with the brown LE Vaja case (when it is released).

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed, this test was practically meaningless. That said, I'm not sure if I will get a case for my iPhone. I'll wait and see.

22. Zexel macrumors member

Nope. I've never used a case on any phone I've owned.

23. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I bought an Incase Slider for my 3g and put one of those universal belt clip thingys on it and have felt very comfortable trudging through airports, taxis etc without worrying about dropping my phone. And trust me, I've dropped in in every city from Honolulu to Berlin! Do I hate covering up all of that beauty? Yes.
    BUT, I'd hate breaking it when I have a klutz moment even more.:eek:

24. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

I will be getting a case for sure, just not sure which one. Definitely not getting an incase slider, because it scratches the back. Maybe with the new backing it was as much.