Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
The following morning, after untying Plutonius with non-stop apologies from Tomorrow, they found rick snagwell, wide-eyed, staring off in the distance.

rick snagwell has been scared! He cannot vote for the day.

that wasn't unexpected.
at least Santa is still alive and kicking and the seer hopefully had another scan in.

majority is still 5/8, with Rick not voting today.
I am going with Moyank

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
I am fine being cleared, but we also have to consider that each night the baddies have one more chance to nail santa so we better nail them soon or we run out of time.
the seer should have two scans in by now, plus they can exonerate themselves.
in the best case scenario they have one baddie or they can add 3 cleared names to the 2 of rick and plutonius, leaving only 4 in the potential suspects pool.

i think it worth considering, especially since the guard can still protect him/her at least one more night for an extra scan (plus it's not a given the baddies would sacrifice a Santa Scan just to get the seer)

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
I am fine being cleared, but we also have to consider that each night the baddies have one more chance to nail santa so we better nail them soon or we run out of time.
in the best case scenario they have one baddie or they can add 3 cleared names to the 2 of rick and plutonius, leaving only 4 in the potential suspects pool.

i think it worth considering, especially since the guard can still protect him/her at least one more night for an extra scan (plus it's not a given the baddies would sacrifice a Santa Scan just to get the seer)

If you are fine being cleared, let's do it (vote "Don't Panic"). We have enough time and I would hope the seer would come out and say if they had scanned "Don't Panic". In any case, we need "Don't Panic" cleared even if the seer comes out with their two scans (three after tonight).

"Don't Panic" plays an excellent baddie and he has fooled us many times before.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne

Yes, agreed. I think it's time. My only concern, also, is that you are typically an early scan. So if the seer is still alive and can spare us from having to interrogate DP, it would be appreciated. That way we can clear DP, the seer, and swap to a new target before the baddies get another crack.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
"Don't Panic" plays an excellent baddie and he has fooled us many times before.

Be cool, don't panic Pluto.

Am I the only one, but I actually see time playing in our favor. Santa can Clause quite freely and time is running out most of all for the baddies. Probably even voted for rick not to clear another player (although that should be taken with a grain of salt).

ninja'd: ok, let's wait for the seer. no-vote

----------

I am going to stick with twietee.

care to explain? Also based on random.org?

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
Am I the only one, but I actually see time playing in our favor. Santa can Clause quite freely and time is running out most of all for the baddies. Probably even voted for rick not to clear another player (although that should be taken with a grain of salt).
only to an extent.
the baddies only need one hit to win the game.
we are basically playing a russian roulette game with a seven shooter.
so far we dodged the bullet twice with Queen and rick. but each next night can be the last.
Even if Santa is Claused every night to keep the target moving (which is the right move, IMO), the scared people can't be Claused, so the baddies' odd get better and better every night.

Picking Rick made complete sense because he could still be Santa (via Clauseing) AND they didn't clear an additional player

edit: tonight they will have a 20% shot at winning, regardless of whether we nail one today.
tomorrow they have an additional 25% shot, unless we get both of them today/tomorrow.

Last edited:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Looks like I missed a lot today. Ill try and catchup tomorrow.

You still playing?

Don't panic said:

Agreed DP, also about Santa taking shifts, only downside I can see is that it could force to some change in play style and or voting behavior.
All this reminds me a bit on those penalty shoot outs where everybody takes the upper left corner and every time you think "where the hell will he shoot next?!" and the keeper keeps jumping into the bottom right. :D

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
You still playing?
Yep. :rolleyes:

Here is the vote tally as best as I can tell

Don’t Panic - plutonius, Tomorrow, QoS, Twietee,
Twietee - Roric
Moyank - Don’t Panic, koodauw

Yet to vote: Moyank,

Other: Rick

Moyank has been rather quiet. Still busy with life?

Last edited:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
Yep. :rolleyes:

Here is the vote tally as best as I can tell

Don’t Panic - plutonius, Tomorrow, QoS, Twietee,
Twietee - Roric

Yet to vote: Moyank,

Other: Rick

Moyank has been rather quiet. Still busy with life?

Yes!

I was also waiting to see if the seer would show and possibly clear DP - I didn't want to lock and waste a vote - but it looks like either the seer has been scared into submission or he/she doesn't want to come out just yet.

Either way, let's clear Don't Panic and try to move forward.

I think you also missed Twietee's no vote.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
You are correct,

So it should be

Don’t Panic - plutonius, Tomorrow, QoS, moyank,
Twietee - Roric

No-vote: tweitee

unless anyone opposes I will switch to D.P so we can move things along.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
You are correct,

So it should be

Don’t Panic - plutonius, Tomorrow, QoS, moyank,
Twietee - Roric

No-vote: tweitee

unless anyone opposes I will switch to D.P so we can move things along.

I really think we shouldn't waste another interrogation on people possibly already scanned the seer. i am nor saying i necessarily am, but it is a possibility and time is running short.
Rushing things during the weekend is ill-advised, imo. Before you lock me, let's wait until everyone has spoken.
If by then the seer has not come out, i suppose it means they don't intend to so and we might as well move on in whichever direction you want to go

May add that iIf the seer has been scared of permanently, then i don't see any reason not to come out, so we can use whatever little info they got, and exclude them reducing the suspect pool a little

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I really think we shouldn't waste another interrogation on people possibly already scanned the seer.

Not really disagreeing but that means 'clearing' one for the baddies as well. Two 'save' options right now imho: you and QoS (although I'd hate that - feels like losing one day).

You are probably scanned already - that's true. If you'd be a baddie though and I'd be Seer, I wouldn't out myself right now, hoping you get found out anyway. You'd be a rather save choice for us now because I'd doubt you're santa (or a special)

QoS is already scared (hence no Santa choice) but not cleared.

I'd vote rather for DP though but will hold off as the Seer eventually paused playing due the week-end...

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
Not really disagreeing but that means 'clearing' one for the baddies as well. Two 'save' options right now imho: you and QoS (although I'd hate that - feels like losing one day).

You are probably scanned already - that's true. If you'd be a baddie though and I'd be Seer, I wouldn't out myself right now, hoping you get found out anyway. You'd be a rather save choice for us now because I'd doubt you're santa (or a special)

QoS is already scared (hence no Santa choice) but not cleared.

I'd vote rather for DP though but will hold off as the Seer eventually paused playing due the week-end...

Not sure what you mean, but if the seer were to come out, and clear two people (whether i am one of them or not) it would only help the baddis as they would know who the seer is. It wouldn't help them to know who santa is as the cleared people and the seer themselves could still be santa.
I agree it would suck a little for the seer as it would make them an obvious target for scaring that night, and unless he/she was protected by the guard, they would then lose their ability the next night. But they would still play.

If the seer does come out, and i am still a suspect, by all means vote for me.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Not sure what you mean, but if the seer were to come out, and clear two people (whether i am one of them or not) it would only help the baddis as they would know who the seer is. It wouldn't help them to know who santa is as the cleared people and the seer themselves could still be santa.

There's always the possibility that the seer could know who Santa is - or who an ordinary villager is - and lie about who Santa is, to throw off the bad guys.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Seems like the Seer is stuck in the chimney. DP to move on.

----------

Tomorrow is right though, forgot that the Seer could be lying. :eek:
DP, my thought was that the Seer was unlikely to expose Santa and hence those people 'cleared' by him were also cleared for the baddies to scare this night. I personally think we might lost one special already - probably the Seer thought the same.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
There's always the possibility that the seer could know who Santa is - or who an ordinary villager is - and lie about who Santa is, to throw off the bad guys.

certainly the seer shouldn't say what good people are, just whether they are good or bad.
there would be no point in the seer outing santa.

----------

Seems like the Seer is stuck in the chimney. DP to move on.

----------

Tomorrow is right though, forgot that the Seer could be lying. :eek:
DP, my thought was that the Seer was unlikely to expose Santa and hence those people 'cleared' by him were also cleared for the baddies to scare this night. I personally think we might lost one special already - probably the Seer thought the same.

I must be missing the point here. maybe i need some more coffee.
what would be the problem with the baddies scaring people cleared? what is tyne connection with the specials?
Santa is likely changing every night anyway, so it doesn't really matter if someone was Santa two days ago.
and if the seer was already scared, i see no point in holding back information, as there is downside i can see about coming out now (unless s/he is the current Santa)

----------

anyway, since it's locked and i am not Santa, we move on. The baddies gets two additional shots (at least) at winning the game, or >40%
cleared: rick, plutonius, dontpanic
semi-cleared: queenofspades
not cleared: moyank, koodauw, tomorrow, doric, twietee

best case scenario: seer still active, 3 scans in ( after tonight), so he/she can clear 4 additional people leaving the two baddies hanging. this would be nice but unlikely, as there is probably some overlap with the 3 cleared players. the guard could also clear themselves, adding one to the possible cleared group.

worst case scenario: seer was scared and only has the initial scan + themselves to clear, and they are of already cleared players, guard is also already cleared. in that case we are back to 6 suspects.

Last edited:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
certainly the seer shouldn't say what good people are, just whether they are good or bad.
there would be no point in the seer outing santa.

----------

I must be missing the point here. maybe i need some more coffee.
what would be the problem with the baddies scaring people cleared? what is tyne connection with the specials?
Santa is likely changing every night anyway, so it doesn't really matter if someone was Santa two days ago.
and if the seer was already scared, i see no point in holding back information, as there is downside i can see about coming out now (unless s/he is the current Santa)

It's not that I don't agree with you, but how would the Seer know if Santa 'claused' someone effectively? And those player cleared are viable and attractive targets for the baddies, that is for certain. By exposing Santa I didn't meant reveailing the role but putting him into the spotlight.

Anyway, I'm not the Seer, so may as well stop trying to explain his/her behavior - which will be far off anyway.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
It's not that I don't agree with you, but how would the Seer know if Santa 'claused' someone effectively? And those player cleared are viable and attractive targets for the baddies, that is for certain. By exposing Santa I didn't meant reveailing the role but putting him into the spotlight.

Anyway, I'm not the Seer, so may as well stop trying to explain his/her behavior - which will be far off anyway.

it's all moot now, since the voting is done.
but i see what you mean: the seer scanned santa, and by clearing him as a simply 'good guy' they would increase the chances of him getting targeted at night, assuming that the baddies preferentially target the already cleared players.
possible, but i wouldn't have worried too much, especially if there were several extra-people to be cleared, since than the pool of cleared people would then be fairly large.
Besides, the seer themselves would have been the primary target, so he/she would be a good decoy, and even if scared, they would still get an extra scan (since it's the first action of the night), plus it's unlikely the Clauseing would have failed several times.

Anyway, let's see what the night brings.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Besides, the seer themselves would have been the primary target, so he/she would be a good decoy.

Would you go after the Seer if you were a baddie though? Not so sure myself. Anyway, if someone wants to out her-/himself I don't think anybody would question that move.

But let's wait for nightime action. Not so sure I'm happy you're clean though DP, but this thread would be rather silent otherwise. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.