Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irvingdizzle

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2007
I'm on my phone while riding the train. I'm so tempted to click Macrumors home page. Hopefully I don't break like I did back in January.

studiox

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2004
Stockholm / Sweden
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Oh, wait, I'm American, so I don't care. Actually, as hard as this may be to believe for those of you overseas, Most American's have no idea that the tournament even exists. I wouldn't know if I didn't have a BBC newsfeed.

On the other hand, I actually find myself rooting for the Lakers after a 0-2 deficit, even though I don't watch Basketball. I'm mad that the Red Wings lost, however.

That's ok. Here in Europe we have no clue whatsoever about NFL, only when Jay Leno talks about Chicago Bears in a... nice way..

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
Does anyone know WHY Apple don't do a live stream of there keynotes? It's not like the dont have the technology lol!

They use Akamai, which mirrors content on Apple's servers on their network, so I think a finished video must be ready and uploaded before they can be distributed

WWDC08

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
With all the great integration with .Mac and iWeb and iMovie you would of thought the Keynote would be one click away from being uploaded on the net.

The suspense is killing me, i'm even clicking on the Keynote icon on my dock haha

neckaros

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
I have run out of things to occupied myself. I had a nice lanning but i never guessed it will be that long

Rivka

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2007
The irony is that they used to. No one knows why they stopped.

my guess on why they don't do live streams anymore, is that with soo many folks more every day) streaming it at the same time, the chances of it going down was big, and we al know his Steveness does not like to do something unless he can do it great, hence it is better to make us wait a expected wait, than promise us a live stream and fail to hold up.

mactippett

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
And this is why geeks don't get girls...we have probably wasted an entire 4-hr period doing nothing but talking about what we do to NOT BE WITH SOCIETY and how we avoid all contact with the modern world, except with our own little group.....sad, but probably will be worth it.

Cousin Dirk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2008
London, UK
If this isn't posted in the next 15 minutes then I might have to say hang the sense of it and give in. I have to go to bed soon, and I don't know how well I can last tomorrow (just in the sense of not hearing stuff... it won't last).

Rivka

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2007
omg i just got sooooo excited cause i heard my external HD drive (the one that holds my itunes) spin up and start downloading a pod cast, it was not apple, boy this is sad

vandlism

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
the guys at apple who are editing the keynote and compressing it for distribution are reading this thread and laughing. maybe. of course we are the ones who appreciate their work the most.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.