Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
can we call fedex and give them a conformation number so they can give us a tracking number? or call xfinity for a tracking number? is there anything as a customer to help expedite this??!! lol
Now now you no the rules you most wait like the rest of us heh heh heh

Reactions: WayneF38

RyC

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2010
Just got a shipment notification email from XM! Pre-ordered the 128gb iPhone 12 Pro Max in Pacific Blue (at 5am Friday, but it still seems to be available for launch day on the XM site today)

Coming from Ft. Worth, TX
FedEx Standard Overnight
Deliver Weekday, Direct Signature Required
Anticipated Ship Date: Thu 11/12/2020
Estimated Delivery Date: Fri 11/13/2020 by 8:00 pm

Rxromo

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2020
Just got a shipment notification email from XM! Pre-ordered the 128gb iPhone 12 Pro Max in Pacific Blue (at 5am Friday, but it still seems to be available for launch day on the XM site today)

Coming from Ft. Worth, TX
FedEx Standard Overnight
Deliver Weekday, Direct Signature Required
Anticipated Ship Date: Thu 11/12/2020
Estimated Delivery Date: Fri 11/13/2020 by 8:00 pm
Wow! That’s awesome!!! Hopefully those emails will start trickling in! I preordered at 5am as well so hopefully I’ll get it by launch date! ??

Dcm88

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2020
Lucky I ordered two one 512gb pacific blue and one gold 256gb both were ordered by 5:09 and that’s because I couldn’t get it to show up till 5:02 or so I’ve been logged into fed ex hoping to see a label created for it but nothing yet I also ordered a series 6 watch to go with my new phone and it’s shipped but says Friday delivery I don’t see how that’s 2 day shipping ... it shipped Saturday so I hope the phones get here launch day or I won’t be happy

jazzfade

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Richmond, VA
Probably because it’s been out longer I’m actually surprised the pro max wasn’t sold out until late December after the first day
Just did a test on Apple.com and the Apple Store app. They won’t even quote a date until you add it to your bag. They didn’t anticipate the demand for the 12 Pro.

Rxromo

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2020
so i spoke to a rep this AM (central CA) and this is what they told me. id be very upset if thats the case because none of this information was relayed to myself and i am sure not to anyone else on XM. I even asked if they will have any on launch date at the retail stores and she said she "doesn't know." Either she doesn't know whats going on or she is being told this information. I really hope we get a confirmation email and getting our phones this friday....
Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 7.50.58 AM.png

jazzfade

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Richmond, VA
so i spoke to a rep this AM (central CA) and this is what they told me. id be very upset if thats the case because none of this information was relayed to myself and i am sure not to anyone else on XM. I even asked if they will have any on launch date at the retail stores and she said she "doesn't know." Either she doesn't know whats going on or she is being told this information. I really hope we get a confirmation email and getting our phones this friday.... View attachment 1658164
Hounding Xfinity employees isn’t going to make your phone appear any faster, from what we’ve seen they don’t have access to any more information than we do. It’s only Tuesday, last month some launch day phones didn’t ship until Thursday and they were overnighted. Also these phones aren’t in high demand, no way they’re not shipping til the 26th.

Rxromo

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2020
Hounding Xfinity employees isn’t going to make your phone appear any faster, from what we’ve seen they don’t have access to any more information than we do. It’s only Tuesday, last month some launch day phones didn’t ship until Thursday and they were overnighted. Also these phones aren’t in high demand, no way they’re not shipping til the 26th.
Didn’t realize asking a straightforward question was considering hounding? I was simply just trying to get a better understanding. I understand that they may not know more information but any other information they can provide the better. It seems like other carriers are getting updates on their shipping while ours are at standstill.

jazzfade

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Richmond, VA
Didn’t realize asking a straightforward question was considering hounding? I was simply just trying to get a better understanding. I understand that they may not know more information but any other information they can provide the better. It seems like other carriers are getting updates on their shipping while ours are at standstill.
Sorry, “hounding” might’ve been a little harsh. Hope you get an email soon!

Reactions: Rxromo

Dcm88

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2020
so i spoke to a rep this AM (central CA) and this is what they told me. id be very upset if thats the case because none of this information was relayed to myself and i am sure not to anyone else on XM. I even asked if they will have any on launch date at the retail stores and she said she "doesn't know." Either she doesn't know whats going on or she is being told this information. I really hope we get a confirmation email and getting our phones this friday.... View attachment 1658164
I hope I didn’t make a mistake going to Xfinity mobile I could of went to Verizon or ATT so if we have to wait till almost December for our phones I’ll be extremely upset I’m not to far from you in Sacramento if I don’t get a notification Thursday we probably won’t be getting the phones Friday hope so though

Rxromo

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2020
I hope I didn’t make a mistake going to Xfinity mobile I could of went to Verizon or ATT so if we have to wait till almost December for our phones I’ll be extremely upset I’m not to far from you in Sacramento if I don’t get a notification Thursday we probably won’t be getting the phones Friday hope so though
yea i know what you mean! i switched to XM from at&t when the X came out and i waiting in line on launch date and it was a good turn out! never preordered an iphone so if we do get them around december time, i will be very upset. hopefully we do get an email in the next day or 2 so we an feel a little bit of ease!

UPDATE: Just got a confirmation email stating that it has officially shipped with an estimated delivery date of 11/13 by 8pm! hopefully you all get the email soon! From Fort Worth, TX to FRESNO, CA

Last edited:

WhatTheFox

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2013
Placed order for 12 Pro (Blue 128GB) on 10/17. Received on 11/9.

Got a new SIM card with clear instructions on how to activate from old to new phone. Simple.

Enjoying my phone! :cool:

WayneF38

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2020
Didn’t realize asking a straightforward question was considering hounding? I was simply just trying to get a better understanding. I understand that they may not know more information but any other information they can provide the better. It seems like other carriers are getting updates on their shipping while ours are at standstil

Probably because it’s been out longer I’m actually surprised the pro max wasn’t sold out until late December after the first day
Read an article that said both pro models use a different chip that manages power consumption and is in short supply do to the pandemic that's slowing down the supply chain. Doesn't effect the mini and regular.
Has to do with the camera and 5G in the Pro models.
Apple has priority, but still looking at late November or early December to get a handle on it.

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
can we call fedex and give them a conformation number so they can give us a tracking number? or call xfinity for a tracking number? is there anything as a customer to help expedite this??!! lol
It will show up on FedEx before it will on the Xfinity site. Make a FedEx account linked to your delivery address and you'll be able to see inbound shipments automatically.

frumpy16

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2008
so i spoke to a rep this AM (central CA) and this is what they told me. id be very upset if thats the case because none of this information was relayed to myself and i am sure not to anyone else on XM. I even asked if they will have any on launch date at the retail stores and she said she "doesn't know." Either she doesn't know whats going on or she is being told this information. I really hope we get a confirmation email and getting our phones this friday....
I had a maddeningly similar conversation with an agent on the phone. Gave some ridiculous date and I said that would be so frustrating to have preordered and get that much backorder. Almost the same line of conversation as you. In the end, I got the 12 Pro on launch day and the agent had NO idea what they were talking about. I've mentioned previously in this thread - don't contact them if you're looking for answers or peace of mind. They won't be able to and you'll end up feeling worse. If you ordered early, you should be ok.

Rxromo

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2020
I had a maddeningly similar conversation with an agent on the phone. Gave some ridiculous date and I said that would be so frustrating to have preordered and get that much backorder. Almost the same line of conversation as you. In the end, I got the 12 Pro on launch day and the agent had NO idea what they were talking about. I've mentioned previously in this thread - don't contact them if you're looking for answers or peace of mind. They won't be able to and you'll end up feeling worse. If you ordered early, you should be ok.
If they do not know the answer, they should just say that rather than giving us a ridiculous date that doesn't add up! But I completely agree with you about preordering and then getting it "backordered." I understand the agents may not know exactly whats going on but i hope they understand our point of view as well

Exfactor

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011
Xfinity Mobile tier 1 agents are the worst. They will never give you a correct answer to a problem you may have. God forbid you have a major cell issue and have to speak with someone in tier 3 to resolve it. It could take days to weeks just to speak to someone.

Reactions: Rxromo and WayneF38

Rxromo

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2020
Xfinity Mobile tier 1 agents are the worst. They will never give you a correct answer to a problem you may have. God forbid you have a major cell issue and have to speak with someone in tier 3 to resolve it. It could take days to weeks just to speak to someone.
Never had to call them for mobile issues. had a hard time with an agent involving setting up my internet. THAT was a pain. different agents gave me different info ??‍♂️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.