Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

musicianm

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
Minnesota
Huh? The 5S gonna look EXACTLY the same as the 5, with a fingerprint sensor or some other little add on. Not much to talk about there, Apple takes every other year off.

:apple:

I am only saying we'd normally see some leaks by now of say, such device components, or an assembled model with the button.

midnightdavid

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
why is this even a story. Hey apple, congrats on release the same exact phone except with a plastic colored back to it!

This is exactly the point - it IS exactly the same - meaning the same iPhone 5-sized 4" screen. No more iPhone 4/4S 3.5" screens; the entire line will now use the lightning connector and have 4" screens. But this device will have less memory, a plastic back and cost $200 less. Sounds like a winner to me.

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
Older hardware and less costly materials. The rumors are indicating it will likely get no camera upgrade over the 5s, no Siri, slower processor and no aluminum unibody.

yes I know. I was responding to the unibody comment and also implied in there are all the other comments like "What do you mean no siri? Why no 12 MP camera? It better have 64GB storage" just to name a few.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Why is nobody being prosecuted for all of these leaks? There are specific rules surrounding publicly traded companies and misappropriation of information.

Probably because despite what Apple says about not liking leaks they do like the free publicity that comes with it. While I'm not sure if the leaks are intentional or not I am pretty sure that Apple enjoys the publicity as long as the leaks don't show way too much. In the past the only leaks that I remember them really going after was the iPhone 4 and that was because they got a whole working phone.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
One day Apple will do the sensible thing and make the chassis the bare skeleton shall, like Nokia used to do, and have the read cover able to be unclipped.

They then only have to make 1 phone, and the user can pick the rear shell color

Replace it if it gets damaged or they want a change of colour

Jeez Apple it's not rocket science.

Nokia used to do it, and it answers so many problems

azahar

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2010
Europe
A potential iPhone 5C with the 2nd Gen A5 CPU (same one as the current iPad Mini) could make the battery life a lot better than the current 8-10 hours of an iPhone 5. If Apple are going for the lower-cost market then good battery life is always high on people's "needs/want" list.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
What makes the 3/3G look better other than they were released under Steve Jobs and to some here Jobs could do no wrong.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Yeah. Least sexy Apple product video ever (I know it is not official).

Apple is gonna have to go silhouette style for the commercials, b/c this thing will not sell based on looks. None-the-less, I hope they only crippled its looks, not anything important. We don't need more fragmentation in iOS land.

:apple:

I can see a lot of teens wanting something like this in the various colors.

sclawis300

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2010
what do you mean..."you people"?

I mean the holocaust deniers...what do you think I mean. The people that complain that the 5C is apparently going to lack some component that the 5 has like siri, or camera megapixel, or in this case...unibody.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Does anyone expect them to announce the 5C and the 5S at the same time? And if so, will they release them at the same time?

I can't see either happening. Surely they want a window when only the premium device is available, so all those desperate for a new phone pay top dollar.

Sounds like a good reason to release at the same time or release the iPhone 5s before the iPhone5c

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I mean the holocaust deniers...what do you think I mean. The people that complain that the 5C is apparently going to lack some component that the 5 has like siri, or camera megapixel, or in this case...unibody.

No way will this phone be missing Siri. If the 5th gen iPod touch and iPad mini have Siri this phone will.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Hopefully there will only need to be one model for each colour (i.e. one works on all major networks worldwide).

Not sure if that's possible if they have LTE on board too, but it would be nice.

Tokyo1138

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2013
Why is this still news? I mean havent we seen enough of the rear shell. I mean we getit. We seen it. Enough is enough... I want to see the finished product already...:mad::eek::apple:

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
That's how all of the other unibody phones are made... Unibody does not imply that there is truly one component to the case. The entire outer shell is one piece, from what we can tell, exactly like the iPhone 5.

Yep, the construction is just like the 5, in fact, I'd say it's even more "unibody-like" since the 5 has those modular endcaps on the rear chassis.

what do you mean..."you people"?

What do YOU mean you people? (Sorry, Tropic Thunder was on the other night :) )

Hahaha, brilliant. I agree (er, with the latter part) though, I think the 5C is going to be a mirror (in terms of components) of the current 5, without anything missing (and certainly not software based services like Siri).

foodog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Atlanta, GA
An all-new iPhone 5C could allow Apple to meet its pricing goals while unifying its lineup around 4-inch displays, Lightning ports, and perhaps LTE connectivity, features not currently offered in the iPhone 4S that would otherwise be expected to drop to Apple's lowest pricing tier upon the launch of the iPhone 5S.

I spoke with my carrier this weekend and I got such a high pressure sales push to buy a 4S it was surprising. They even were willing to drop the price to 24.99 with no activation. After that call this rumor (4S removed from the sales lineup) seems even more likely

Skika

macrumors 68030
Mar 11, 2009
Does anyone else think there is a possibility that this comes in 2 versions, meaning low end with A5 and high end with A6?

cocacolakid

macrumors 65816
Dec 18, 2010
Chicago
Does anyone expect them to announce the 5C and the 5S at the same time? And if so, will they release them at the same time?

I can't see either happening. Surely they want a window when only the premium device is available, so all those desperate for a new phone pay top dollar.

I still can't see this launching in the U.S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.