Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OutlawImmortal

macrumors regular
May 14, 2010
Hills of Eastern Kentucky
my 2 favs!

36978_407854504340_500284340_4192821_5489146_n.jpg

Beats By Dre Solo Headphones
iPhone4

:)

Though I dont have a set, a buddy and I where in best buy a few weeks ago and used them at the lil display thingy they have.

I have to say that those are the best damn sounding things I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. They sound better than most car systems I have heard lol.

Besides that I am a Dre fan so it doubles the coolness factor

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
got some serious beats (monster cable) and bose fans in here.

boggles my mind.

Anywho, Klipsch S4 w/ Shure foam tips

4752074432_657706816d.jpg

aforty

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Apple In-Ear headphones but I've been looking to upgrade to something more substantial for when I'm at work just wanting to listen to music.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Got my Portapros in. First impressions: quite positive. The bass isn't as tight as the S4i, but it's definitely there, and it's surprisingly good. The treble and mids seem solid, though the headphones probably need a while to break in before they sound best. The open-ear design is really pleasant compared to the canalphones I've been using for a while. Gives a nice, broad sound field, not quite as claustrophobic as the in-ears sometimes feel. They also don't produce the same sense of isolation that the Klipsch do, which is probably preferable unless I'm riding on a plane or deliberately trying to ignore external noise.

The 80s aesthetic might be a turn-off for some, but come on. The things cost $30, sound great, and have a lifetime replacement warranty. You break 'em, you pay Koss $6 S&H and they send you a new pair. For life. How awesome is that?

bcs732

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
I've got Dre Solos. They also work with the bumper case. Barely. I was thinking of upgrading to the Dre Studio. Does anyone have both and prefer one over the other?

Can you please elaborate on the barely part? I plan to get the solo hd for my iphone 4 with bumper. I know the earphone hole of the bumper is pretty small. I hope the solos fit well.

Anyone with solos and bumper elaborate on the fit?

Thanks!

Romanesq

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2003
Hoboken
Yeah baby, yeah!

Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 w/ Westone ES Custom Cable.

fcuvsj.jpg

Don't have the Westone cable, I'm using the new UE with built in mic.

But I also have gotten the earplugstore.com molds and attached those for the Ultimate Ears.

It cost about $100 to do the molds at home and then you have custom mold to your ears!

(No one of course can try them since they are custom.)

But it is so awesome. And you keep the molds and can reuse them if needed. If you continue with Ultimate Ears products they are fine. If you changed to another you can just have a new set made off those molds.

Nothing beats it. And Ultimate Ears triples are the ultimate. The .5s are sweet too. Started with those and moved up.

:cool:

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Wait, why did you change the cable on the Triple.Fi 10's? I have a pair of the 10vi's and I've been looking for a cable with integrated volume control buttons.

Because this one is more flexible + sounds slightly better according to my personal tastes + aesthetics, esp wrt braiding. And I only had the non voice cable anyway so i'm not missing out.

Don't have the Westone cable, I'm using the new UE with built in mic.

But I also have gotten the earplugstore.com molds and attached those for the Ultimate Ears.

It cost about $100 to do the molds at home and then you have custom mold to your ears!

(No one of course can try them since they are custom.)

But it is so awesome. And you keep the molds and can reuse them if needed. If you continue with Ultimate Ears products they are fine. If you changed to another you can just have a new set made off those molds.

Nothing beats it. And Ultimate Ears triples are the ultimate. The .5s are sweet too. Started with those and moved up.

:cool:

Was thinking about getting mine reshelled for about $100 but holding off because it's so permanent. I like your solution better.

Lamarak

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
I use bose on ears headphones but for some reason, when use them to call I get an annoying feedback clicking sound. I have had them for 2 years, worked fine on my 3gs. Music and video still sound amazing though.

Khryz

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2007
I have the Sennheiser HD-280 Pro's:

31Yq8Gh4YAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Plus the Sennheiser MM50 iPhone Earbud Headset:
41dNYAzVY7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

LOVE THEM BOTH. Except the HD-280's hurt my head a little after a long time of wearing them.

alanna25

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
Headphones for Working Out/Bike Riding

Hi all, looking to see if anyone can recommend headphones for iphone 4 when you are working out/bike riding (and wearing a bike helmet)?

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
Anything from Grado. I use an amp with mine and the quality is amazing. You need an amp for high end headphoes with iphone/ipod for the power. Works good without the amp though too. Picking up earbuds this weekend from them. These will not need an amp of course.

Nykwil

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2002
Cyberspace
Anything from Grado. I use an amp with mine and the quality is amazing. You need an amp for high end headphoes with iphone/ipod for the power. Works good without the amp though too. Picking up earbuds this weekend from them. These will not need an amp of course.

I see carrying an amp around with headphones and the iPhone as a serious condition man.

Kinda defeats that "portability" aspect

Its the only way I can justify not spending 200+ on headphones to listen to compressed music.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I see carrying an amp around with headphones and the iPhone as a serious condition man.

Kinda defeats that "portability" aspect

Its the only way I can justify not spending 200+ on headphones to listen to compressed music.

I only use that combo at home. This is why I'm getting the Grado earbuds tomorrow. I'm spoiled by the sound.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.