10th anniversary IPhone, it's gonna be killer!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Risco, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

I personally can't wait for the leaks to start happening. OLED, glass housing again and all new design. It's quite clear to me the reason the 7 did not get a full on redesign is because of 10 years approaching.

Anyone want to speculate what it will be like?

2. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

The 7S , Will be a repeat form factor, dont get your hopes up.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

4. Koobs macrumors regular

Koobs

Its always fun to speculate and watch the rumors, but for me I want to enjoy my new 7+ for a while before looking ahead to the next one.

5. joefrank64k macrumors 6502

joefrank64k

Here, here!! I feel the same way.

As I was boxing up my 6s+ to ship back to AT&T, I thought "6s+, I hardly knew ye" haha!!

I'm going to work on enjoying the year I'll have with the 7+...starting with the beta of portrait mode :D

6. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

I know exactly what it will be. It will be "the best iPhone we've ever made". Or however they say it.

7. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

8. Setarip macrumors member

They might* change to OLED. I personally don't see the fascination with it myself, the new 7+ display is gorgeous, and more accurately renders color.

Move back to a glass housing? Yuck. That's a dated design that's incredibly fragile.

No home button? Doubt it for next years model. They literally just redesigned the home button, knowing Apple do you think they would develop and then abandon something in a 1 year cycle?

All new design? What the heck for? Just like Porsche has refined the 911 but has kept the overall form the same, Apple will do the same with the iPhone. They may shrink the bezel (or not!), but the iPhone will always look like, well, an iPhone!

9. Phone Junky macrumors 6502a

There is NO WAY Apple is gonna keep the same form factor 4 years in a row. Not gonna happen.

10. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Heck they do with macs and iPads. Nobody complains about those. It's a phone people.

11. Setarip macrumors member

They totally will. I for one, am ok with it. The form factor is perfect (imo), and I care more for upgraded internals than the exterior shell at this point. I actually think they should make it 1 or 2 mm thicker and incorporate a bigger battery and larger camera sensor and optics.

12. VertPin macrumors 6502

VertPin

Don't get your hopes up, it more than likely will not have the home button integrated to the screen, the bezels will still be there (reduced).

13. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

And there isn't one thread YET about how disappointed someone is with next years phone. Will happen soon

14. Phone Junky macrumors 6502a

If they keep the same form factor for a fourth year, they might as well not have a big iPhone event to announce it because this years was pretty much a snoozer.

15. WilliamG macrumors G3

If that's the case, there will be pitchforks out on Macrumors, the likes of which you've never seen.

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Much more to it all than just an overall form factor. Perhaps not for some, and that's fine, but for plenty others there's much more to it all.

17. Phone Junky macrumors 6502a

As evidenced by the people returning their 7s and keeping their 6Ses because "there isn't enough difference to justify buying the new one."

18. JarScott macrumors 601

JarScott

You're very wrong. This design will not be repeated a 4th year.

19. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

The NYT confirmed it in their review of the 7/7+. They cited, iirc, at least two different people at Apple as having confirmed that next year's phone will lack a physical button, and instead it will be part of the screen itself.

Yes, those people wanted to remain anonymous. But this is the NYF for eff's sake, not some fly by night publication. They wouldn't have published that without behind the scenes confirmation that an editor was comfortable with.

Macrumors even did a post about it:

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/13/2017-iphone-virtual-button/

20. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You say that because of history, but Apple has already broken history in not giving the iPhone 7 a new form factor so it's now moot. We now have actual rumors (not just merely some members' pipe dream) suggesting that Apple will ditch the dedicated home button in the 2017 iPhone.

21. C DM, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016

C DM macrumors Westmere

Meaning not many people are getting the iPhone 7 phones? Or is that simply in reference that some people care more about the external design?

22. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Yes that's what he said. ::rollseyes::

23. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

Why do people think there will be a 7s? All the rumors about this year's iPhone were true, and all the rumors about the 10th Anniversary redesign will be.

24. C DM macrumors Westmere

Meaning you agree with that, or not?

25. Riley0818 macrumors member

Don't worry. No matter how awesome it is, there will be something we can find to complain about!

4GB RAM? It shoulda had 5!
    2K OLED? Shoulda been 4K!
    All Glass? I miss dat alumineeeuhm! This breaks wayyy to easy when I drop in on rocks!
    Real Stereo Speakers? Whaaat, no surround sound!??!

The moral is: be happy with the 7. When the iPhone X finally launches everyone will be excited about the 11 anyway.