16-Inch MacBook Pro With All-New Design Expected in 2019, 13-Inch Model May Gain 32GB RAM

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 17, 2019.

1. umbilical macrumors 6502a

2. nt5672 macrumors 68000

Yep, you should try sitting in a remote office, working 10+ hours per day, 5+ days per week, on only your 13 inch laptop, because the client does not provide computers or displays to contractors. Remember that you are doing large graphic work (think multiple 4 ft by 6ft printed presentations) accompanied by large scale numerical analysis.

It does not matter what the computer costs, it only matters that it has ports for use in an office (VGA for the old projectors, HDMI for the new projectors, ethernet (because client public WiFi typically sucks), USB), mag-safe (because there might be 4 to 6 people at one fold up table), large screen, and lots of memory (more than 16G).

3. EightyTwenty macrumors 6502a

It’s 16:10 for all Mac laptops currently.

Going 2:1 will be a pretty drastic (and kinda dumb) change. I’m not happy about my prediction, but I bet that’s what happens, especially with Kuo predicting a new 2:1 Apple monitor later this year.

I’ll be happy to be wrong.

4. RedGala macrumors regular

RedGala

I want perfect corner to corner screen. Let there be curved LCD, but keep the top border black when watching video.

5. Naaaaak macrumors 6502

And a NuKeyboard that will be killed by dust just beyond your return window or Applecare warranty (whichever is worse).

6. KPandian1, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2019

KPandian1 macrumors 65816

Draw a 2:1 ratio screen on an A4 paper - now see that as the aspect ratio of any laptop, especially from Apple. Not possible.

Meanwhile,I hope this new line of MacBooks from Apple is a complete redesign that junks all the design changes (including thinness) of the MacBooks from 2015 and the MacBook Pro models from 2016.

The camera in the laptops should be better and standard across all models, even if the bezel is bigger.

Damn it Apple, let the MacBooks and MacBook Pros breathe.

7. Naaaaak macrumors 6502

They'll continue doing thiccq bezels. The $1 trillion dollar design team doesn't understand what edge-to-edge means.

8. Scooz macrumors 6502

Scooz

As long as Apple keeps the keyboard centered everything will be fine.

Keypad plus left-shifted main keyboard of current PC laptops might be good for the traveling gamer or accountant. And for aching neck and shoulders.

9. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I'm in the minority of MacRumors, but I want a thinner/lighter design and smaller bezels! And function keys, but that's probably the majority of MacRumors.

10. KPandian1 macrumors 65816

Yes, I like to cook on my dining table too!:rolleyes:

All I need are the accessory small hotplate, extra ladles, the easy carry spice rack, a finger-bowl, the larger salt container, a paper towel roll - you know the usual kitchen "Dongles" to add to the "versatility".

Good that you can drive 4 displays; now a laptop that is for the "regular" user that has all the ports that the 2015 MacBook Pro had. Face it, Apple just found it cheaper to use 4 USB-C ports, undisturbed from the motherboard; actually a lazy move.

These dongles add to the cost, size and weight of the laptop.:mad:

11. Manzzle macrumors regular

Manzzle

YAAASSSS!

I've been waiting for a larger screen since I stopped using my old 17" a few years ago.

Hope we'll get a gold version of this larger screen model.

12. smallcoffee macrumors 68000

Excluding the MagSafe, useless SD card slot, useless USB-Antique ports, unnecesssry HDMI and you’ve got a point.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 17, 2019 ---
    As people purchase USB-C accessories instead you’ll see the lack of need for 60 different USB or HDMI dongles or whatever.

13. mozumder macrumors 6502a

Pretty sure it's us "big laptop" enthusiasts that are in the minority..

14. Zenithal macrumors G3

I see this as Apple realizing they messed up and redesigning it. Maybe the Mac Pro 7,1 isn't going to become vaporware after all!

15. ksec macrumors 6502a

TouchBar, Keyboard, Too Large TrackPad that causes false positives, Hinge, All these are design flaws. May be instead of fixing one and every one of them they decided to scrap the whole thing and remake it.

One thing I *hope* the 16.5" MBP is signalling the new product line up.

MacBook Pro will start with 14.5" to 16.5"
    MacBook Air will start with 13.3" and 15"
    MacBook at 12" - Ultimate portability.

The only problem is the naming of MacBook is bit of a mess. And let's hope they have new MBP Thermals design in mind. The new MacBook Air is capped at 10W which irritate me a lot.

16. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

Hey now, don’t just cheer for something so little as increased screen size. Let’s hope better keyboards, battery life (16hrs+) and really cpu and voy performance and game support.

17. rjtyork macrumors regular

YES to everything above.

18. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

19. GtrDude macrumors 6502

GtrDude

If they're not going to offer this machine with regular F-keys and forcing us to use the touch bar this is another pointless release from them.

20. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

Unexpected.
    But... they better get the keyboard problems fixed, or it won't be worth it.

21. lowkey macrumors 6502a

c'mon, why stop there? Also needs ethernet, VGA and 25pin SCSI ports.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 17, 2019 ---
    nope, but it will be perfect for internet complainers.

22. PwrSuprUsr macrumors newbie

PwrSuprUsr

I'm fine with all usb-c, but I'd really like to see the return of a SD UHS-II card slot. I know its really unlikely but the capability of putting a DSLR sd card directly into the Mac was really nice.

23. Suttree macrumors regular

Suttree

24. thequietaussie macrumors member

Talk about a straw-man. If you're going to argue, you could at least argue in good faith.

25. BlueTide macrumors regular

BlueTide

Smells like the same form factor but less bezels.