Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Downloaded (thank you, Smart Telecom broadband), but not installed yet..

Has anyone seen an (Apple) page that describes what this does? "Bug fixes" is a little vague..

luigi408

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2008
Finished installing and using the phone. All I can tell right now is MUCH snappier. Tried to get the SMS to lag and it hasn't. I still gotta try to reply to someone and see it it lags that way. 3G wise I am not sure till I start making calls and see how the switch to EDGE goes.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
OMG v1 iPhone bricked!!!!!!

Haha, not really. :)

Not much visible difference except it's reset my usage counters and the keyboard isn't lagging at the moment (but it never does immediately after a restart, right?). Be interested to hear if others see any changes.

brandonzar

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2008
I currently have over 2000 hours remaining on my download time, I'll let you guys know how it is working some time next year. ;)

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I expected it when I experienced google map location service got problem. so I think that it fixes location service for 2G, 3G. for 3G, network fix? mine is 246.3MB. but I hope that it would fix lagging UI. especially contacts.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
If the backup didn't take 1000 minutes, I'd be done by now. Will that ever be fixed? Honestly, I wish it would backup the damn phone every month. There's no need to backup a phone EVERY DAY. It's a phone.

oclor

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2006
Boston
Installed on my 3G and I have no 3g problems what so ever!

(Note: I never had 3g problems before, probably due to the fact that there is no 3g where I live :D )

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
So after the update, I definetly have more bars in more places. The test will come tomorrow though when I go back into work. Then we will really see. As to what else is fixed, I don't know yet. Time will tell. I hope the SMS lag will be gone again, but for good this time....:eek:

tliszt

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2006
Not a Rumor!

I'm downloading my v2.0.2 update now.

I sure hope it resolves the persistent 3G connectivity problems I've been having.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Apparently, this isn't the update to fix reception problems that everyone had hoped.

Yeah...about that.

It seems to me that 50% of the people here complain about it, but Steve says they're working on an issue that affects 2% of iPhones.

I fear that, once correctd (whenever it is), this "fix" will satisfy very few around these forums.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.