Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
My prediction would be Pats vs Vikes in the Superbowl. I think at this point I'm okay with any of the 4 winning the Superbowl, but I would prefer a Vikes or Pats win over an Eagles or Jags win. I could easily be swayed to appreciate an Eagles Superbowl win since they have never won the big game before. Sadly, I just don't care that much about the Jags. I've not heard any compelling stories about their team nor do I really feel a connection with any of their players.

All that mumbo-jumbo just to say, you can't support them cause they won the AFC South and kept the Titans from hosting a playoff game.

Reactions: mscriv

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
All that mumbo-jumbo just to say, you can't support them cause they won the AFC South and kept the Titans from hosting a playoff game.
Honestly, the Titans didn't deserve to make the playoffs and their play in the postseason showed it. I don't count the win over the Chiefs as anything because the Chiefs and Reid blew it and it still took a crazy deflected pass from Mariotta to himself in order for them to win.

Sadly, I've been away from Tennessee now for 15 years and my love for the Titans and Vols has kind of faded. Both teams are meh at this point. I'm so used to them being non competitive that it's hard to get excited about either.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
I'm a sore Saints fan right now... I will gladly pull for the Pats if it means the Vikings will get a scolding. Hell, it doesn't need to be the Pats, it can be the Jags or Eagles as well.

Ok you get a pass being a saints fan. I wouldn’t want my worst enemy on the wrong side of that game Sunday.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
A friend of mine has two tickets for the 2018 Super bowl. They are box seats and he paid $2500 for them. He didn't realize when he bought them months ago that it’s the same day as his wedding - so he can't go.

If you're interested it's at St. Peter's Church in Minneapolis at 5 PM. Her name is Donna. She’s 5’4” and a good cook too. She will be the one in the white dress.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Reactions: pachyderm

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
you guys think there is any validity to this Brady injury or Bill playing mind games with a young team?

I'm guessing it's another Brady cut his hands with scissors story. In other words, take with a healthy dose of salt. I'm calling shenanigans. Brady is old and doesn't need practice. Resting him makes sense, but they need to give the rabid fans a reason why Brady ain't at practice.

Reactions: bigjnyc

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
you guys think there is any validity to this Brady injury or Bill playing mind games with a young team?

I thought it was odd that Brady came out to the press conference with the glove on, perhaps playing it up a little too much... Leads me to believe he is perfectly fine. I hope the Jags don't fall for the shenanigans that we've come accustomed to coming out of Foxboro.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/19/tom-brady-on-hand-im-not-talking-about-it/#comments

It's your typical Brady/Bill mind game.

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN

I thought it was odd that Brady came out to the press conference with the glove on, perhaps playing it up a little too much... Leads me to believe he is perfectly fine. I hope the Jags don't fall for the shenanigans that we've come accustomed to coming out of Foxboro.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/19/tom-brady-on-hand-im-not-talking-about-it/#comments

If he isn't hurt this should be illegal.

This messes with the odds in Vegas too... not that I care if someone in Vegas gets screwed but this should be looked into.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I'm not buying that Brady's injury is significant. I think the media is playing this up to get clicks, boost ratings, etc. Hopefully, the Jaguars are feeling the same way.

Yeah. I really hope they just throw the house at the offense all day and Brady can't get anything done. lol.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I'm not buying that Brady's injury is significant. I think the media is playing this up to get clicks, boost ratings, etc. Hopefully, the Jaguars are feeling the same way.
It seems he received stitches, some media folks saw what happened. I don't think it's a ploy by the pats. Vegas seems to believe them and the betting had swing to the jags winning

Last edited:
Reactions: pachyderm

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California

This is what I am thinking too.

they identified Rex Burkhead as the player who injured him. Apparently ran in to his hand with his helmet. I guess he’ll be traded to Cleveland

HAHAHAHAH... poor guy!!

Reactions: bigjnyc

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
I just got an alert from USAToday that the Titans have named Mike Vrabel as their new head coach.

EDIT: add link

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...itans-hire-mike-vrabel-head-coach/1049944001/
Grrrr.... Yet another reason to root against the Titans. They just had to poach our DC.:mad: It is understandable though; the guy is a great communicator. Maybe Romeo will be our DC again next year.
I'm still not buying the Brady injury. Even if he is injured, he'll play.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.