2019 iPhones Said to Feature Revamped Taptic Engine and Front-Facing Slo-Mo Video Recording

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 23, 2019.

1. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

OMG.... slow-mo front-facing camera! What I always wanted! /s

2. stevemiller macrumors 68000

I sure hope the smaller form factor in 2020 comes to fruition. Every time I pick up any of the iPhone X series phones they feel like such chonky bois and a step backwards to what I want from a smart phone.

3. DoctorTech macrumors 6502

DoctorTech

I will watch the Apple presentation announcing the new phones but based on the current rumors, I will likely stick with my XS Max - and I am OK with that. My iPad is a couple years old so this might be my year to upgrade to the newest iPad then next year update to the 2020 5G (hopefully with USB C).

4. PastaPrimav Suspended

Says it's innovative. Proceeds to post meaningless specs as proof. Yikes.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 23, 2019 ---
    Why would anyone update for the sake of 5G or a different connector?

None of that means anything to anyone.

5. alpi123 macrumors 6502a

alpi123

Smart HDR, Adjustable DOF, (much) better stereo sound (it sounds almost surround to me).
    These aren't the only new features, these are the ones that have not been rumored.

6. PastaPrimav Suspended

It won't.

Simple fact is the larger it is, the more useful it is. All you're doing by lamenting your iPhone 4 in every post is demonstrating that you don't want to do anything with it. You're fine with trading all the usability for a tiny bit of portability, and that argument understandably lost a long time ago.

7. bluecoast macrumors 65816

Sounds like this year the main focus will be on cameras - and pricing. I expect the XR to hang around at $600-650 and the XR2 dual camera to come in at $750 with advantageous iPhone trade in offers still.

8. Khedron macrumors 68000

No one makes 828P content. So with the XR you're watching 720p content upscaled. If you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p you might need to visit an optician.

9. PastaPrimav Suspended

It doesn't impress anyone that you don't spend your money. Life is too short not to be experiencing some of the things that are made for you to experience. A lot has happened since the 6S that has changed and enriched people's lives dramatically.

You aren't winning in any way by holding on to a couple dollars.

10. TheShadowKnows! macrumors 6502a

TheShadowKnows!

FFR, no, I am not price sensitive (within reason).

I am definitely value and pocketable-size sensitive.

11. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

fair point on the design and chasis change.... To the average consumer, which is the overwhelming number of buyers it would be unsettling to see a brand new design every year.

12. Harthag macrumors 6502a

Huh? When have I combined my opinions with fact? The XR is the best selling iPhone- fact. In my opinion, the phone should include a 1080p screen. When did I ever say my opinion is right, everyone follow suit? No s--- Apple doesn't take requests, I didn't mean it literally. When did I ever say my opinion will have any bearing on what people spend money on?

All I said was, in my opinion, Apple should outfit the new iPhone R with a 1080p screen because I feel it is reasonable in 2019 for a premium phone.

13. MrGunnyPT macrumors 6502a

MrGunnyPT

Time for yet another refresh.. Sounds like we all be just wait for the new 5G phone in 2020....

14. zombierunner macrumors 65816

zombierunner

I am getting it. Bezels on my 8 plus are too big for 2019.

15. SomeSoftwareGuy macrumors member

SomeSoftwareGuy

This! 100%

oh and that slow-mo camera, amiright?

16. teknikal90 macrumors 68040

teknikal90

i guess i made the right move buying the X when I did. refreshed the battery last december. May refresh again next spring before upgrading in fall 2020.
    should have sprung for a X back then. I was on the fence too but so glad I went over this way.

17. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

Better stereo sound? The speaker is just louder lol. The others aren't really special since they can be done by Software. Just Like 3D Touch and Portrait.

18. FFR Suspended

FFR

Here let me fix that for you. That’s pretty much all you needed to say.

Btw, I completely agree with you.

19. PastaPrimav Suspended

How is that blogs like this can circulate fraudulent marketing photos of unreleased devices without the slightest acknowledgement of the fraud?

I don't like how you can post photoshopped pictures of iPhone 11, as the banner image attached to a post about iPhone 11, and get away with it.

20. unobtainium macrumors 68020

Sorry what’s innovative there? Must have missed it.

21. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

But wouldn't you want your iPhone screen to feel even smoother by having 120hz refresh rate? What about being able to use your iPhone for 2 days straight without needing to charge? Like increase the battery size by making other components smaller? What about having the option to use Face ID and in display fingerprint? What about creating a new file system for their SSD's in which would speed up iOS first launch by making your iPhone turn on instantly in case it was shutdown, that can be useful for emergencies. What about being able to charge your iPhone wirelessly, I mean really wirelessly by having a router connected to your mains and between 10-20m the iPhone would receive charge? What about decreasing the Notch in order to still accomodate all the components by making them smaller, in order to increase screen size? What about the camera being able to detect that you're taking a picture in low light and instantly create a night mode just like Pixel Phones in order to make night pictures looking just like they were shot at daylight?

These are just some innovations they could make. But it's easier to sell the same package at a higher price with a new colour.
    --- Post Merged, Jul 23, 2019 ---
    12MP Wide + 16MP Ultra Wide + 12MP Zoom + DepthVison ToF
    4300mAh with 45W charging + 15W PowerShare + 25W charger
    UFS3.0
    S-Pen with "Air Actions" gestures.

In case you missed it.

22. jgbr macrumors 6502a

.... yeah... and? This is a update to an existing device with very little new meanwhile other manufacturers charge on ahead with all sorts like faster screen refresh, usb c, 5g.

23. PastaPrimav Suspended

What is getting annoying is that you keep saying this but don't quantify it at all. You just keep hiding behind "hey its my opinion" as if anyone cares more/less/differently because it is your opinion.

Truth be told there are no opinions. There is right, and everyone else who thinks they're right.

In the case of iPhone XR, there is a right answer too. The right answer is that it should have exactly the kind of display that meets or exceeds the expectations of the intended user, while also meeting all of the engineering, design, manufacturing, and cost requirements.

So to just flippantly say "it should have a 1080p screen" is as nonsensical and uninteresting as it gets.

24. FFR Suspended

FFR

None of those are innovative, in fact they are all derivative.

And they are increasing prices .
    Good luck with that.

Don’t know anyone that would consider getting one those.

25. travwill macrumors newbie

Yeah, been using iOS 13 with my iPhone X. 3D touch is gone on it even though it has it due to the software. Now you have to long hold and it kind of sucks but guess it'll be universal.