2019 iPhones Said to Feature Revamped Taptic Engine and Front-Facing Slo-Mo Video Recording

Harthag

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
What is getting annoying is that you keep saying this but don't quantify it at all. You just keep hiding behind "hey its my opinion" as if anyone cares more/less/differently because it is your opinion.

Truth be told there are no opinions. There is right, and everyone else who thinks they're right.

In the case of iPhone XR, there is a right answer too. The right answer is that it should have exactly the kind of display that meets or exceeds the expectations of the intended user, while also meeting all of the engineering, design, manufacturing, and cost requirements.

So to just flippantly say "it should have a 1080p screen" is as nonsensical and uninteresting as it gets.
In your opinion.

Reactions: PC_tech

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2015
Rio Grande Valley in South Texas
Wouldn't that defeat the intent of a "selfie?" In public there could be potential conflict with individuals in the background not wanting to be in an image. The vast majority of selfies are in a public setting, not out in a National Park. :apple:
Not when you’re trying to get a group of people in a selfie and show a landscape in the background.

Reactions: GrumpyMom

Rellypatricio

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2017
I told myself I’m not upgrading every year anymore. Sticking with my Xs Max for another year or so. I think I’m over the hype of yearly updates now. Love the phones regardless. But dropping 1,000 yearly nah I’m good.

Cosmosent

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2016
La Jolla, CA
Burst Photography is THE ONLY application that has been Off the Radar of most, but should NOT be.

NOT easily implemented in an iPhone OR iPad with limited RAM !

I suspect Apple may have something up their sleeves for their Sept 2019 iPhones in this area.

Otherwise, they would NOT be trying so hard to suppress Photosets right now.

jbachandouris

macrumors 601
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
I'm paying $60/month for my XS Max and the only way I would upgrade is if the price were about the same.

Less than that would be better, but this is Apple after all...

ksec

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2015
Quote from my previous post #287

I am betting this year will be all about Internal and Spec upgrade. That is everything from CPU, GPU, NPU, Memory, NAND Speed, WiFI, Speaker, Antenna, Modem, Taptic Engine, Fast Charge Controller, Face ID 2.0, Camera, Display, and new iOS 13.

Basically apart from the looks and design, everything under the hood, including the materials used will be different in this year's iPhone.

While this is all just a guess, iPhone XS to iPhone 11 should be a better upgrade than iPhone X to iPhone XS.
I only hope the real thing looks as good as the iPhone in the render. I am all set.

jacks64

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2017
Brighton,UK
I look forward to this new iPhone release! At that time I will buy a new case for my current, almost year old XS Max
LOL,i have over 20 cases for my XS Max.
[doublepost=1563905492][/doublepost]
With one huge drawback, it runs Android and will run like garbage in a couple years due to the usual lack of updates in a timely manor. If you go android , pixel is the only way to go for any sort of longevity
The Pixel is as ugly AF.

Reactions: Trin813 and FFR

Rich2Putt

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2011
MA
I currently have an iPhone 6, and from what has been stated iOS13 will not be part of this years upgrade. I'll be upgrading this year, it's been 5 years since my last upgrade. Most everyone talks about waiting for 2020 iPhones with 5g, etc....I'll be waiting till I'm in the ground for the perfect iPhone (btw..4g suits me just fine for my use). About this time next year, we'll be hearing about waiting for the 2021 upgrades. This goes for any technology out there. Regardless of all the negatives we hear about the 2019 iPhones, it will be a great upgrade coming from the iPhone 6, at least for me. For everyone else, keep waiting, & waiting & waiting.

Reactions: GrumpyMom

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
It doesn't impress anyone that you don't spend your money. Life is too short not to be experiencing some of the things that are made for you to experience. A lot has happened since the 6S that has changed and enriched people's lives dramatically.
That's one of the silliest things I've read in a while, given we're talking about a phone.

legionsunited

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2018
Localhost
What’s the major ground breaking thing since the inception of iPhone X? Same old same old. At least change front design, learn from Samsung, S10 and upcoming note 10.

jacks64

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2017
Brighton,UK
Ok, I’m just going to come out and say it. The PowerShare feature is really dumb. I always carry around a powerbank to charge my phone, and it gives me the freedom to use my phone while it’s plugged in. But the logistics of PowerShare just seem more like an inconvenience. “Oh, I’ll just put my phone on the back of yours and we both can’t use our phones for the next 30 minutes!”
I won’t use the Powershare feature.Not giving my power to anybody else,lol.Might use it to charge my AirPods if i need to.
[doublepost=1563906373][/doublepost]
Huh? When have I combined my opinions with fact? The XR is the best selling iPhone- fact. In my opinion, the phone should include a 1080p screen. When did I ever say my opinion is right, everyone follow suit? No s--- Apple doesn't take requests, I didn't mean it literally. When did I ever say my opinion will have any bearing on what people spend money on?

All I said was, in my opinion, Apple should outfit the new iPhone R with a 1080p screen because I feel it is reasonable in 2019 for a premium phone.

ggibson913

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2006
Being part of the iPhone upgrade program I can update to the new phone in September but thinking that I may hang on to the XS for a couple more years.

Reactions: Glideslope

Classie

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2018
Sweden
I will miss haptic feedback - it just feels so good and Apple-like!
It is so well implemented and makes the iPhone feel more premium than the competition.

The only reason for Apple to remove it is to lower prices without losing money. And also due to most people not using it...

Still hoping that this is fake news!!

GDF

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
Sounds like another boring upgrade year, just like 2018. Last year was the first time I did not upgrade on an annual basis from my X and this year could be another. Hope there is a surprise feature that comes out, as it is fun buying into the upgrade hype, but something has to be different. :)

Reactions: CamiMR