Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
I don't like marketeers that create buzz marketing for themselves like this...

Sounds like exactly what they are doing. They saw an opportunity and took advantage of it. no one knew who 6s marketing was before but they do now. I really dont have a problem with it tho.

Reactions: mrxak

mac-axeman

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
I hate when people try and own a hashtag. Just for this I am planning on opening another instagram account and tagging stupid and inappropriate things with #weare6s I will give them that publicity.

cmwade77

macrumors 65816
Nov 18, 2008
Ok, they are a marketing/AD firm, it would have been stupid for them not to do this EXACTLY the way they have.

Think about it for a moment, if they went to Apple well in advance, Apple could very well have used a different name, which I will get to why that would be a disaster for this company in a moment.

Now, they are coming in at the last moment to make the request and what happens, now every time someone who needs a marketing/ad firm looks at their iPhone 6S, they will think of this company and how they managed to use Apple to get TONS of free publicity and if they can do something like that for themselves, what can they do for that person or company that needs their services? It's really an absolutely brilliant marketing move and one that won't work if Apple did use a different name.

If they did nothing, then those that need the services would wonder why they didn't even try to make a marketing move here.

So, really, this company had no choice but to do what they did or they wouldn't be a decent ad/marketing company.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Meanwhile Huawei steals Apple's 'Force Touch' marketing term. How much more pathetic can you get?

2e32vbl.jpg

I'm surprised Apple didn't trademark 'Force Touch'.

SoAnyway

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2011
This gives me the brilliant idea to start a marketing company called 7S so when it's time for the iPhone 7S's release, I can do exactly what these guys are doing and get some free advertising!

Tycho24

Suspended
Aug 29, 2014
Florida
You had probably never heard of 6S Marketing before today, you have now.

Ok.... and???
Exxon wasn't as "known" before a big oil spill, was it?
I think you are confused on the point of a marketing company if you are laboring under the delusion that the point is to "get the name out there in any way possible, good or bad", rather than "be recognized as a company with integrity & land high quality clients".
For example.... all of us here have now heard of them. Most of us now think they're lame... do you think 6S Marketing will make even a single cent off of us?? No. No they will not... so how did us knowing about them, then disliking ther tactics yield a positive result for them in your mind?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.