Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I can't believe some people are taking this seriously. By now we all know that if they had a serious claim they would have appealed to Taylor Swift to write a heartfelt letter. THAT is how you get Apple to listen! (If we weren't all tired of the Taylor Swift jokes by now, I think I've ensured we are now!).

Reactions: JackRoch

Allthings-I

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2014
lol this is jus dumb....

Its called 6S Marketing....I don't get it, there are million other things that have 6S in their name / tag / title etc etc

what pathetic companies would do for little bit of attention. I would personally never use them if I had a business just for that reason...trying to ride on someone else's wave of success. Oddly enough I have also never heard of them before until now.

Zedcars

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2010
Brighton, UK
Ok.... and???
Exxon wasn't as "known" before a big oil spill, was it?
I think you are confused on the point of a marketing company if you are laboring under the delusion that the point is to "get the name out there in any way possible, good or bad", rather than "be recognized as a company with integrity & land high quality clients".
For example.... all of us here have now heard of them. Most of us now think they're lame... do you think 6S Marketing will make even a single cent off of us?? No. No they will not... so how did us knowing about them, then disliking ther tactics yield a positive result for them in your mind?
That's a bit presumptuous and arrogant to assume most other people exactly the same opinion as you. I don't think they are lame at all. I think they would have been utterly stupid NOT to have done this. I don't see anything wrong with it myself. Good for them for taking this opportunity.

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2007
Antwerp, belgium
Then I hope you're never in a position to hire a marketing this because this is great advertising

No it's not. the message itself is negative. I wouldn't want to associate my product or company with this negative message. if the message was " 6s iPhone calls for 6s marketing", maybe unoriginal but at least that's positive.

I did my internship on the strategic dept. of a Marketing company. :)

Last edited:

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2007
Antwerp, belgium
No.
They are doing it backwards.
Out of the gate, it's: "We don't like what you are doing!"
Who would want to work with such negative people?

Ah there ya go, I thought that too :) Message is too whiny and negative, don't want to associate my product or company with that kinda vibe.

one3

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2004
Vancouver-ish
I know the guys (and gals) at 6S Marketing really well. Love what they are doing here! ... and yes of course this is a bit 'tongue-in-cheek' but it's brilliantly done! Heck - they've had to wait since the original iPhone in 2007 for this moment :) That's what I call patience!

Reactions: JackRoch

Dydegu

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2015
Pennsylvania
Meanwhile Huawei steals Apple's 'Force Touch' marketing term. How much more pathetic can you get?

2e32vbl.jpg

More pathetic: The last two "sentences" of that description are run-on sentences. "The future is limitless." Lol, what does that even mean? (I'm sure Apple is guilty of using the same type of vanity phrases).

devinci99

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2008
Seems like free advertisement and marketing for 6S to me!

Could work out well for both...

virtualSIM

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
Who do they think they are? Nobody probably knows about them anyway.

Iphone 7 is for the 2016 release, when the Iphone finally becomes SIM card free.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Who do they think they are? Nobody probably knows about them anyway.
I think they know who they are, hence the #weare6s. Guess what, now you know who they are too. That's what marketing is all about. The amount of irk that people are displaying in this thread is both funny and sad at the same time. This company has capitalized on a rare opportunity in a creative, fun, and cheeky way. The outrage from some folks is just silly.

Reactions: Phil A. and 9suffix

thepixelpusher

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2015
Dimension C-137
What is their point??

Their point is, they're doing lazy marketing. Makes their marketing firm look like they are too lazy to come up with something original to promote themselves. People will quite naturally ask what patented name Apple is infringing on with the 6s, and it'll be none, if they even get the reference.

This marketing effort is as confusing as it is lazy. It makes them look like the losing team on "The Apprentice".

I think they know who they are, hence the #weare6s. Guess what, now you know who they are too. That's what marketing is all about. The amount of irk that people are displaying in this thread is both funny and sad at the same time. This company has capitalized on a rare opportunity in a creative, fun, and cheeky way. The outrage from some folks is just silly.

I've working in the advertising business for 30+ years at some major ad firms and a Fortune 100 company as a Creative Director. If we did this campaign our clients and competitors would have looked at us as rank amateurs. I'd have been embarrassed to be associated with such a poor campaign. The people on this forum get it, but trust me most people would just go…huh?

It's lame.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.