7.1 Surround

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by HansumKingtut, Apr 22, 2016.

1. HansumKingtut Suspended

HansumKingtut

Now that the TV, IOS, and Mac OS X support 7.1 Surround, is there list of movies (either you know of off the top of you head, or other wise posted on the web) that support 7.1 on iTunes? or does iTunes even support 7.1? I have looked at the movies I already own, and some I want to get in the future, but they all just say "Dolby 5.1"

Now that the Apple Ecosystem supports 7.1 was wondering if there was any content within iTunes that does too.

2. archer75 macrumors 65816

7.1 is possible with DD+ though I have yet to see any actually movies with a 7.1 track on DD+.

Otherwise you are looking at DTS-MA HD/TrueHD for 7.1 and apple does not support that. If home theater is important to you then ditch itunes and make your own rips. Or use Vudu. They do stream the HD audio tracks. Even dolby atmos.

3. HansumKingtut thread starter Suspended

HansumKingtut

Home theater isn't important to me, was just wondering.

4. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

Some of the recent releases have a 7.1 soundtrack on the Apple TV. Star Wars, The Revenant and The Martian all have 7.1 detailed in their description on the Apple TV (although not in iTunes on Mac or iOS)

5. slapppy macrumors 65816

I saw that. How does it play with MP4 container? I thought these containers cannot do 7.1. Only 5.1?