8+ seems to be the superior phone over the X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knockoutjosie, Nov 6, 2017.

1. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Just need all the developers to get their apps updated to work with the larger iPhone X screen.

2. DNichter macrumors 68040

DNichter

Yea, I agree. More so than just extending into the ears. I actually have been pleasantly surprised by the number of apps that have been updated for me. Out of 48, only 4 haven't been.

3. mazdamiata210 Suspended

Force close an app on a Plus, force close an app on the X... which takes longer? Tell me your battery percentage on both. Which takes longer? The list goes on and on. The X is not intuitive or easy to navigate in comparison to a phone with 1 button that does it all.

4. MacWins macrumors member

MacWins

Hi there, that battery usage is insane.
    That’s my experience.

I can reach 10-11 hours of usage on my 8 Plus, but never more than this and in some particularly intense days I go down to 9-10 hours.
    I have enabled localization only for some apps and only if that application is in use.
    I triggered push Notifications for email, twitter, facebook, Tapatalk and whatsapp.

Can I ask you folks what kind of tricks you use?
    I’d be grateful for any advice!
    Thanks in advance.

5. mazdamiata210 Suspended

Turn off background app refresh, and also all the useless system location settings like "location based ads"
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2017 ---
    Also change the location settings for apps to only use your location when necessary. Apps like Facebook don't need your location at all to work.

6. MacWins macrumors member

MacWins

For localization, I only have Maps and Weather enabled, while background refreshed apps are Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, and Tapatalk.
    You think that these apps affect that much the battery usage?

Ps: i never tried enabling the power saving mode so far. Maybe i need to give it a try.
    Thanks

7. mazdamiata210 Suspended

Turn off BAR, it literally does nothing on or off lol

8. Pascal325 Suspended

I asked a friend who works for AT&T Corporate store. And he said since the release of the X, they have had at least 30 returned for the 8 plus. For all sorts of reasons.
    You are the one in the fantasy land. Your X isn't all that and even the reviews coming out now are saying it. Sorry, that you spent more money on a worst beta phone. But deal with it. The X is not king.

9. AppleRobert macrumors 603

HHMM, does not sound right at all and I cry bull. My local AT&T corporate store has yet to get a single X for sale.

10. Pascal325 Suspended

Umm, no. anyone can search your posts and see how you are constantly saying the X is better than the 8. When in fact it ins't in many ways.

See, now two people and you continue to call people names. You are the one doing it.

Doesn't look like you lasted long. No, reviewers and owners who owned both are saying it. MANY. Sorry that X owners are being blinded because they spent all that money on a phone that really isn't better. I stayed away from the X because I know how Apple is on a first release. It's a Beta product. Glad I did.

11. Turtle69Turtle macrumors regular

Turtle69Turtle

This 100%

People like to validate they made the right decision. That’s all it is

12. mazdamiata210 Suspended

Well you can't sell an opened phone.

When the guy working in the store has a 7 Plus and tells you he isn't upgrading to the 8 or the X because it's not any different or better than what he has then it tells you a lot.

13. Pascal325 Suspended

1. Yes, but bigger screen (more usable and better colors).
    2. X battery doesn't last longer. Proof below
    3. BenchMarks are not improved. Actually the 8 plus has been showing better benchmarks. Proof below.
    4. Opinion
    5. yep
    6. Sometimes gestures are great....but there are too many.

Screen is not nicer when it's less accurate. Have you seen the poor quality between the 8 plus and X?

https://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Apple-iPhone-X-Review_id4441/page/4

iphonexvs8plus.JPG

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-x-battery-life,news-26068.html

[​IMG]

iphonexvsiphone8-2.JPG iphonexvsiphone8-1.JPG
    And those videos are not valid. Read the battery posts on this site.
    U
    Exactly.
    Exactly. This is mine from the 8 plus. Look at the battery life left! 83% and its been unplugged since around 6am and it's now 7pm. 13 hours and 25 min standby and 3 hours of usage. I could do near 15 hours of usage at this rate.

08E0F12A-727C-445F-A207-F866E76ACEA5.PNG

Attached Files:

14. mazdamiata210 Suspended

You sir are a genius! You know how to read like me!

Lol people here are crazy delusional it seems trying to justify their X.

15. DNichter macrumors 68040

DNichter

I’ll trust my own experience first and foremost.

16. Pascal325 Suspended

They accept returns not to sell X's. There is a difference. Again, you can call them. They are the only store locally to me that is corporate within 100 miles.
    Other performance shot. Couldn't edit for some reason.
    You've owned both an 8 plus and X? Please prove your own experience. I trust this actual tests more than an X owner these days lying just to push their phone.

17. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

It's ridiculous though, isn't it?

Do you like your phone? If yes, you made the right decision. That's all that matters.

18. DNichter macrumors 68040

DNichter

I said the X was getting just as good or better battery life than my 7 Plus.

19. Pascal325 Suspended

That's expected. My 7 plus didn't touch my 8 plus in life either. I guess it's due to the processor?

20. DiveKitty macrumors 6502

27 minutes more battery life in the 8+ over the X is not exactly a persuasive argument for me. I can't imagine any scenario where I am going to just absolutely need to surf the web continuously for a whole 11:16 hours versus 10:49 hours and not have access to a charger anywhere.

I also disagree there are too many gestures. I don't even understand how one determines there is just "too many". They all seem rather intuitive and useful to me. o_O

21. DNichter macrumors 68040

DNichter

Sure. I’d imagine the bigger battery of the X and the processor upgrade, it’s likely a wash.

22. R1001001001 macrumors newbie

I just hope all these people that claim they don’t like the new iPhone X features will choose not to buy the new iPhones and then I won’t have to stay up till 1 o’clock in the morning to try to get an iPhone!

23. Pascal325 Suspended

Most cases 2 hours more. See the other test. Apple also says 1 hour more for video playback. So anyone who says the X has more is wrong is all I can say.

24. Sigp232 macrumors member

Sigp232

Updated X and 8+ to 11.1.1 or whatever came out today. Put them side by side and downloaded same time both. 8+ finished 25 seconds quicker than X. Both were next to fios modem nothing else connected except those 2.
    Was interesting to me.
    Taking back X tonight can’t justify spending 1100 bucks when there doesn’t seem a big difference between them two. But I will get a cinnamon roll at the mall with my refunded money tonight :)
    And smaller taller X froze on me twice this evening another reason for a return.

25. MacWins macrumors member

MacWins

Ok, done and verified that notifications always arrive, which is good.
    Let's see with the app localization system what happens to weather and maps.

Now I’m looking out for 8+ battery official thread to continue talking about it freely.
    Thanks