8+ seems to be the superior phone over the X

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Knockoutjosie, Nov 6, 2017.

1. MacWins macrumors member

MacWins

First of all thanks for sharing this info, can I ask you as well what kind of optimizations do you use to have that battery usage?

Thanks in advance.

2. mazdamiata210 Suspended

GO TO 4:12

Wait... What? You mean I was right?! Wow crazy. I know what I'm talking about. Huh. What a shocker. /s

3. Seth Matthews, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017

Seth Matthews macrumors regular

Seth Matthews

You are not being truthful. Prove it. Show one post where I "bash" the 8 Plus like you have bashed the X. You can't. Case closed. Try again.

4. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Not any different? That guy better get back on his meds.

And no way in the world did any one corporate store get 30 returns at this point, that is absolute bull.

5. Complex757 macrumors regular

Complex757

Oh wow a topic for someone trying to justify their purchase and convince themselves they're really happy with their choice.

6. zhandri macrumors 6502

wow! that iphone 8+ has GREAT battery life! what a superior product it is! :rolleyes:

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

So you search YouTube for “iPhone X problems” and post a video of somebody who agrees with you but when multiple people tell you in this thread that they’re getting the same or better battery life than their previous Plus phone you say they’re lying. Makes sense.

9. evorc macrumors 6502a

evorc

Superior? Now that’s funny. Keep telling yourself that and enjoy your new 8+.

10. AttilaTheHun macrumors 6502a

AttilaTheHun

You are right the size of the 8 or the X is fit you but there are many people like me that love the 8+ and love to have the X if it was X+

11. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Why can’t people simply enjoy their devices rather than constantly trying to justify their purchase to folks on the internet?

12. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

is that not what i said?

i can’t really tell if you’re agreeing with me, disagreeing, or just saying something different entirely.
    ?

13. AttilaTheHun macrumors 6502a

AttilaTheHun

I will make it clearer for you, I understood that you like the size of the iPhone 8 or X you dont like the 8+ too big,
    for me the the 8 or the X are too small I wish they made the X bigger

14. GizmoDVD macrumors 65816

Me.

Give me an X Plus and I'm in. The X was too small and had to many issues. Returned the next day and got an 8+.

15. dontworry macrumors 6502

dontworry

I believe it's called insecurity.

16. flat five macrumors 603

flat five

lol. ok

i’m pretty sure that’s along the lines of what i said so i don’t understand why you’re trying to argue me about it.(ie- no phone can be considered factually as a perfect phone for everybody)

oh well.
    carry on

17. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I loved the the plus size.

But I dig the petite frame with the large screen.

18. Pascal325 Suspended

I didn't have anything. Everything was turned on. Background apps were running too. Bluetooth, wifi all on. And I don't listen to music. About an hour of that was youtube. :)
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2017 ---
    Sure....

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...phone-over-the-x.2085806/page-9#post-25421646

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...phone-over-the-x.2085806/page-8#post-25419806

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...phone-over-the-x.2085806/page-8#post-25419386

I've posted enough, there is a lot more than that. But you slam every user that has their opinion or facts on the 8 plus being better than the X in a certain way because you don't agree with them. But you never have proof either. Case closed for you.

19. Pascal325 Suspended

EOD, you lost and I posted the proof. Anyone can see you bashing users because you think your X is superior.

20. csurfr, Nov 10, 2017

csurfr macrumors 6502a

Are you reading into his posts just to start some kind of argument?

Nothing he has said bashed the 8 at all. In fact, in one of the quotes you used he says “no discernible difference between the 8 and the X display.”

How can even remotely say he’s bashing on the 8/Plus?

Edit: he even goes on to say he has both phones...

21. Pascal325 Suspended

And it wasn;'t your post I was referring too it was the 2nd quote. Again, unless you are blind it is obvious him calling users names and doing what he wanted proof on.

22. csurfr macrumors 6502a

Fixed a typo. Should have said “in one of the quotes you used”. Not “I’m”. Blame autocorrect.

Regardless, I don’t see how someone saying what he said is bashing iPhone 8 users.

MacRumors has turned into nothing but an argument since the X was released. Unfortunate.

23. Aydy, Nov 10, 2017

Aydy macrumors regular

Aydy

I have laughed so hard reading this thread..Some users actually sound like they are crying with rage..Awwh Thank you :):)

Anyway, overall i give the win of this thread to the 8+ however, the X users have been very entertaining (they’re enraged lol) while i somehow picture the 8+ users reading this thread bemused & even slightly endeared at their fellow iPhone brothers & sisters who have transitioned to the X side and who now appear to have been possessed in all manner of competitiveness...They want that win & will beat 6,7 & 8 users down with words. They act like they never held a bezzeled iphone in their lives, They are now disgusted at the mere suggestion. Finally, it has come to my attention that they are so pumped & hyped at their shiny new phones that they have what seems like endless argumentative energy and will not sleep until they have chased everyone, exhausted, off this thread and they can confidently announce victory.

iPhone (other than X) users. Please, let them take it! The win.. These guys spent over 1K on their phone’s and the poor souls have spent the following week on here arguing, bickering & generally trying to justify why you guys need to respect them because they are on top of apples food chain.

They are pinching & zooming like little maniacs attempting to hit the MacRumors refresh tab to see whos next for a lashing. I think it only fair we congratulate them and let them go somewhere peaceful and enjoy their purchases. Without prejudice. They have been building this excitement for weeks. Its their time to shine.

Please everyone, enjoy your purchase whatever it may be. Thanks for the lols..genuinely :D

24. csurfr macrumors 6502a

I agree with you nearly 100%. Snipped the post for brevity.

It amazes me the lengths that some will go to to either bash the 8/Plus/X and then read into others’ words what they want to see.

I moved to the X from the 7 Plus, and couldn’t be happier. I love the display, form factor, wireless charging, etc. but none of that makes the 7 Plus a bad phone. It doesn’t make the 7/8 “outdated” because it has bezels, Touch ID, and what not. They are simply different models, both with upside and downside. They all have their place in the Apple eco-system. If they didn’t, Apple would simply discontinue the 7, and would have never introduced the iPhone 8.

There have never been more choices in purchasing an iPhone as there are today. I’d say that’s a good thing for everyone. Even us iPhone X “beta users”. ;)