Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Ok, so I had gotten some vinegar and and mayo on my hands after eating, and I wiped it off with a napkin, but when I went to charge my phone, I accidentally got some on the charger as I plugged it in which may have gotten it into the Lightning connector in my iPhone. Will this be bad for it and cause corrosion of the pins inside?

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
This might not be popular but i recommend selling the phone without any warnings and just let nature handle it, better luck next time to the poor new owner.

Reactions: DadBod630

mo0620

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Ok, so I had gotten some vinegar and and mayo on my hands after eating, and I wiped it off with a napkin, but when I went to charge my phone, I accidentally got some on the charger as I plugged it in which may have gotten it into the Lightning connector in my iPhone. Will this be bad for it and cause corrosion of the pins inside?

Just take a toothbrush with rubbing alcohol 90% or higher and brush in there with that.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'd suspect that the applicable answers would be more or less along the lines of most of those relating to things that were covered in your other threads:
Small oil amount in speaker
Sweat possibly in lightning port
Oil on power button
Clorox wipe near lightning port
Got water in volume buttons
Milk in speaker?
Moisture in iPhone calling speaker
Accidentally got moisture on lightning cablehat
Sweat on iPhone mute switch
Sweat on Lightning cable

Last edited:

Cigsm

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2010
Wtf? Does this person have some kind of weird make up a story about spilling a bit of random cooking supply on an Apple product and public ally posting about it fetish? Aka Applemayochism?

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

Yep I thought she was the one who had posted multiple time about get oil on her phone.

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
I am deeply disturbed by all the threads this person has created regarding getting substances on their Apple devices. Definitely a troll.
I'm not a troll. Why would I waste time by making up scenarios and posting them on this website? What do I get from that? I've even tried to stop posting about things that happen to it for a while as my last one was in June and plenty of things have happened to it that I didn't post.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
I'm not a troll. Why would I waste time by making up scenarios and posting them on this website? What do I get from that? I've even tried to stop posting about things that happen to it for a while as my last one was in June and plenty of things have happened to it that I didn't post.
Presumably the Keurig forums sufficed in the interim. Lots can happen to those things.

Mike

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
I'd recommend buying a cheap used phone that is pre-scratched. That way you don't worry about damaging it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.