Other Any guys getting the Gold iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gabo864, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Jessica08 macrumors 6502

Jessica08

The gold didn’t impress me online, but once I saw it in person I had to have it. It’s a beautiful color.

2. Ironman1964 macrumors regular

Ironman1964

I had the 8+ in Gold and the back on that was way more pink than the XS/max.

3. regkilla macrumors 6502

regkilla

4. Ilikechainrestaurants macrumors member

My concern wasn't whether the gold is girly, it's whether it looked teen girl-ish.

Basically, does it look like a cheap, gaudy, sparkly piece of tech targeted to 15 year olds. It doesn't, it looks good and would be fine in a professional environment.

5. AppleHaterLover macrumors 65816

TBH a 50 Cent concert is 50 Cent's professional environment.

6. dstew201 macrumors 6502

dstew201

Ah!! you're killing me!!! I went through a lot of *fun* this week trying to exhange my silver Xs Max for a gold, finally got that taken care of and now I'm doubting that I will like the gold color! It looked more pinkish (salmon colored) under the Apple store lights! I'm not going through the hassle of exchanging again, so I might be stuck with the gold\salmon colored phone until next year.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2018 ---
    back in the day I had a "lavendar\purplish\silverish" looking Maxima, depending on how light hit it. Loved the paint color... but not sure I want to deal with that now.... hoping I didn't make a mistake switching from Silver.. Oh well, I can always throw on a silver\black case I guess!

7. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

I’m rocking my gold iPhone naked. That’s how much I love it. I’ve had bought a leather case and a silicone case. I returned both lol

8. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

In no way shape of form did I want a pink phone, vowed to return it right away if I did not like it.

Just got it 30 minutes ago, I think it looks freaking stunning, I am keeping it. And yes, it does verge on pink when in the right light but it's a mobile device which means it moves...so the color on the back moves from beige, cream, reduced saturation gold, fall colors gold, pink, salmon, etc. It's iridescent though and I think it is kinda rad.

Break the stereotype, go for the gold, LOL!

9. PJM83 macrumors regular

PJM83

I have an gold max, hell I even had a rose gold 6s Plus. Couldn't care less what people think about the color of my phone.

10. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

Oh God:rolleyes:; I won’t ve anything in gold other than jewelleries/ accessories & of course my Max :D. The colour is just in a league if it’s own!

11. dstew201 macrumors 6502

dstew201

Picked up the gold max tonight, so far very happy with the color!

12. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

I got gold. I mainly got the gold because it looks phenomenal with the official Apple saddle brown leather case. Even without a case it’s a beautiful color.

13. dstew201 macrumors 6502

dstew201

Side by side ... in a dimly lit room

Attached Files:

14. Pez555 macrumors 68020

Pez555

15. Pipper99, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018

Pipper99 macrumors 68020

Pipper99

I had the silver X and got the gold XS Max this year. I love this gold.

My boss has a lime green iPhone 5c: I'm not worried about how the gold looks in a professional environment. :)

16. ooloo macrumors member

ooloo

Masculinity is not a men's property. Women can be masculine too.
    Do masculine women buy gold phones?

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't think the gold is a girl color. If you like it buy it.

18. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

I think the gold looks GREAT in that shade. Glad you like yours, sounds like you had similar concerns as me before you bought it. Question for you: how different does it look in the real world (indoors and outside) compared to the salmon pink color inside the Apple Store? It was such a disappointment for me.

19. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

It varies a lot which is why I like it, the color has a depth that transitions in regards to angle of the light source.

I can make my phone “blush” if I want to but in real world use, it goes back to being a 24K gold chameleon at the flick of a switch.

20. bpeeps macrumors 68030

bpeeps

Who cares. Enjoy the color you like.

21. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Funny: seeing the gold XS in the Apple store was a huge disappointment as it looked pink/rose gold. But I got a chance to see the gold at Best Buy today and the back looked more like a gold/copper color which looked sharp. I much preferred it over space gray.

Guessing it might come down to the lighting - it simply didn't look great at the Apple Store.

22. IdentityCrisis Suspended

Yep, I got the gold and will keep it. If it bothers me, I will just put my dbrand skin I ordered on the back of it. For now, the case covers it up. I also ordered the Gold SS Series 4 watch. :)

23. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Guy with a gold phone here.

Had the gold 5s. The gold 6+.

Never cared for the rose gold color personally but the regular yellowish gold isn't bad on phones or jewelry, I like it, sparingly.

Now I'm not going out and covering my truck in gold trim but I don't think it's bad.

Besides, that would make my truck black and gold and I ain't about to look like a Saints fan. :D

24. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Are guys who got the gold phone rocking it with a clear case? How does the iridescent back look with a clear case?

A hesitation I have with space gray is that a clear case really mutes the black color of the back and makes it look weird.