Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

currrr

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2016
anyone else see them available in store yet? i only see delivery dates of Wednesday.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Anyone see these in store yet?
Looks like some apple stores are receiving them. So check every hour. I do see 2 apple stores 2 hours away from me have them but I"m not going to drive 2 hours just for a case and I do have an apple store literally 1 minute away from me where I live.

currrr

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2016
Looks like some apple stores are receiving them. So check every hour. I do see 2 apple stores 2 hours away from me have them but I"m not going to drive 2 hours just for a case and I do have an apple store literally 1 minute away from me where I live.
Weird that it's not readily available.

jeffkempster

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2008
So my case is on and the icon in the upper right on the phone is always showing charging. Even if both battery and phone are at 100%. I think that can’t be right.

adam1314

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2013
St. Louis
I received my black XS Max version last night. I really like it, I have always used the Apple silicone cases, and this is made with the same materials and feels very premium. It does attract lent, but if it is anything like the Apple silicone case, it will eventually stop and be a non issue. It does add bulk as expected, but it is manageable. The wireless charging is awesome, and of course being able to use the lightening cable (and fasting charging option). I took it off the charge at 6:15 am this morning, and have about 4 hours of screen on time and have 19 percent left on the case. So I think I should get about 5 hours of screen on time with just the case, which is pretty great. It is very easy to take the phone out of the case, and the case feels protective. The integration into iOS is convenient, as you can see it with your other apple devices in the battery widget. $129 is a lot for a case, but in my opinion it is definitely worth it if you are a power user and want something that integrates with iOS.

Emathieu

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
I'm on my first full day with the case and I'm quite happy with it. Both the phone and case at 100% this morning (btw, it sits and charges just fine on my Logitech Powered dock) and as you can see from the screenshot, I am in a building today where I get a horrible signal. Normally, when I am at this location, my battery gets killed due to it constantly struggling to keep a signal, so I'm very happy with the case. Yes, it makes the phone heavier, but it isn't a big deal for me.

15s9bsz.jpg

BSquared_777

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2017
California
I went into my local Apple Store today to pick one up on my lunch break. They said they have them in store but are not allowed to sell them yet. ‍♀️ Super puzzled about this. They told me they are still processing and to just continue to check until the availability shows up on the Apple Store App.

Reactions: louisitou

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I went into my local Apple Store today to pick one up on my lunch break. They said they have them in store but are not allowed to sell them yet. ‍♀️ Super puzzled about this. They told me they are still processing and to just continue to check until the availability shows up on the Apple Store App.
Which is likely as they are probably scanning to be put in their inventory. I do see a lot more Apple store showing available for pick up .

Zaned303

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2015
Centennial CO
All day pretty constant use and my black XS Max Case is at 71% Not to shabby.
Here’s my test cases:
Phone calls pretty constant
Text messages
Facebook and Facebook Messenger
Apple News
Amazon
VOIP calls via my work app that’s a hog
Posting on here via Tapatalk
Few videos of the snow storm

I’d say I’m impressed thus far even though I’m not a fan of the texture of the case but definitely find holding the phone more comfortable and I hear the lint issues pass over time

Reactions: iGeneo and Minarets

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
If you want it off, take the case off. Once the iPhone battery is charged it would simply keep the iPhone fully charged until the case battery is empty (the point of the case to keep your phone battery charged. The magic of this case is when you wirelessly charge it charges both the case and the phone at the same time, vs all others like mophie that charge the case first and then charges phone. Pretty impressive.

to be fair the Mophie cases charge the phone first then the case......

Minarets

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
All day pretty constant use and my black XS Max Case is at 71% Not to shabby.
Here’s my test cases:
Phone calls pretty constant
Text messages
Facebook and Facebook Messenger
Apple News
Amazon
VOIP calls via my work app that’s a hog
Posting on here via Tapatalk
Few videos of the snow storm

I’d say I’m impressed thus far even though I’m not a fan of the texture of the case but definitely find holding the phone more comfortable and I hear the lint issues pass over time

The lint issue does go away. Or at least it did with my 6s

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Anyone wonder if 0% battery case is truly 0% in the lithium ion battery? Seems they wouldn’t let you truly drain it to 0 seeing how it will happen a lot as it’s use case is to deplete before your phone.

Reactions: paulschofield76

Emathieu

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
Anyone wonder if 0% battery case is truly 0% in the lithium ion battery? Seems they wouldn’t let you truly drain it to 0 seeing how it will happen a lot as it’s use case is to deplete before your phone.

I wonder the same thing. I have a feeling that even though it is showing "0%" it isn't completely empty. At least I hope so - otherwise you're right, if it is doing complete cycles I wonder how long the battery will last.

I will say though, I'm VERY happy with it - I'm sitting at 93% after a full day (and I used the phone a LOT today).

obq9Z0Ol.jpg

rgschmidt

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2011
NL
My battery shows erratic behaviour. Let's say I have 90% left, after putting it on my Belkin Qi it instantaniously jumps to 95% charge, after using the phone for a few seconds, it jumps back to 90%. I've seen cases when pluggin in the lightning cable it immidiatly show two extra % charge. Never had this before with other Apple cases. Anyone else has seen this behaviour? [OCD mode off]

Reactions: Caesars

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Weight comparison

iPhone XS Max with Apple leather case = 243g
iPhone XS Max with smart battery case = 327g
Smart battery case = 108g

Attachments

• 5CF81B09-69E3-4170-9CCC-E404F6D84AE7.jpeg
    5CF81B09-69E3-4170-9CCC-E404F6D84AE7.jpeg
    639.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 3BDA80D0-D447-4A82-BF76-7E89335B69F0.jpeg
    3BDA80D0-D447-4A82-BF76-7E89335B69F0.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 176
  • 97B70674-E102-484A-9D67-1F37572840F1.jpeg
    97B70674-E102-484A-9D67-1F37572840F1.jpeg
    604.5 KB · Views: 214

millydog

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Australia
Just ordered a black case for my gold XS Max with delivery for the 24th. It’s my first Apple Smart Battery Case since I’ve had the Plus model iPhones and then the X, so it’s the first time that they have released a battery case for my current model.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

sontran23

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
thinking of returning mine. i use a magnetic mount in my car and wireless charging is causing too much heat to my liking with the metal plate (even if its placed at the bottom of the case).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.